WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbald eagle

65-65 at end of OT. Onto Double OT.

bbald eagle

CAC Champion: Salisbury, 74-68 over UMW in double OT.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

As the basketball spins... there continue to be incredible stories around Division III as we get further into conference schedules. Teams leading conferences that no one suspected, programs finding success with alums at the helm, and Division III making national headlines but not for the obvious reasons. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh talks to those still proving people wrong as the season enters the second half.

Dave is in San Antonio for the NCAA Convention, so tonight's show is pre-recorded. Dave talked to most of the guests before some played their midweek games. The pre-recorded show along with podcast will be available starting at 7pm ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan14

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Oliver Eslinger, Caltech men's coach - NABC Coach's Corner
- Rob deGrandpre, Hilbert men's coach
- Kelly Dunne, Nazareth women's coach
- Zach Filzen, No. 22 Lancaster Bible men's coach (Gordon Mann interview)
- Ashlee Rogers, Marymount women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For the third consecutive year, Hoopsville will air for 12 hours as the regular season enters the final four weeks. Dave McHugh will chat with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and others involved in Division III basketball from around the country. Other guests will include those who have Division III roots or appreciate the division and the game along with the student-athletes who play the sport.

Hoopsville will air from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (and maybe later) on Thursday, February 4 live from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can see what guests are scheduled, get more information, and watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb4

You can also read the press release about the show: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/hoopsville-marathon-2016

Here is the guest list as we speak. All times are Eastern and subject to change. Additional guests to be added if and when necessary:

TimeGuestSchool
10:15amConnie TilleySt. Norbert (WBB) - WBCA Center Court
10:40amJamie PurdyPeidmont (WBB)
11:00amKeri CarolloUW-Whitewater (WBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
11:20amBrent PollariSaint Mary's (Minn.) (WBB)
11:40amKent MadsenNo. 21 Wheaton (Ill.) (WBB)
12:00pmRussell LoydRose-Hulman (MBB)
12:20pmKevin BroderickNazareth (MBB)
12:40pmJustin ScottArcadia (MBB)
1:00pmSam HargravesNo. 12 Alma (MBB)
1:20pmLenny ReichMount Union (SID)
1:40pmMaureen WebsterClarkson (WBB)
2:00pmBetsy WitmanYork (Pa.) (WBB)
2:20pmSara LeeDenison (WBB)
2:40pmKlay KneuppelWisconsin Lutheran (MBB)
3:00pmBrian Van HaaftenBuena Vista (MBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
3:30pmSydney MossNo. 1 Thomas More (WBB)
3:45pmAaron RousellBucknell (WBB) - former Chicago coach
4:00pmTim ShanahanStaten Island (WBB)
4:20Pat CunninghamTrinity (Texas) (MBB) - NABC Coach's Corner
4:50pmBubba SmithSewanee (MBB)
5:15pmBen StrongFormer Guilford All-American
5:30pmKevin ConnorsESPN SportsCenter Anchor - Ithaca alumnus
6:00pmKristen DowlingClaremont-Mudd-Scripps (WBB)
6:20pmAllison ColemanSage (WBB)
6:40pmLandry KosmalskiSwarthmore (MBB)
7:00pmDave NilandNo. 23 Penn State-Behrend (MBB)
7:20pmAaron GallettaLasell (MBB)
7:40pmJohn BaronGwynedd-Mercy (MBB)
8:00pm
8:20pm
8:40pmMelissa HodgdonWheaton (Mass.) (WBB)
9:00pmG.P. GromackiNo. 2 Amherst (WBB)
9:20pmJames Wagner
9:40pmHAPPY HOURFree-for-all of calls, tweets, and fun!

We hope to get at least the full show on a podcast, or several podcast, during the on Friday. You can find it here:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project has begun yet again. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered. If you can not donate, please don't worry about - we understand. At least share the campaign with anyone you think might be interested: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509

Also, if you know any advertisers interested in promoting their company or products on the show, send them our way: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

Thanks!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CNU85

This board is dead. Anyone watching? What in the world did I see last night. #18 CNU vs #23 UMW.  Halftime CNU was up 42-8. (Not a typo).

Final score CNU wins 59-53. So 2nd half score was 45-17 UMW. Talk about 2 totally different games!

ronk

I imagine that Coach Applebury got the attention of her players at halftime....

Swish3

That game had the potential to be the biggest monumental collapse I think I've ever heard of...unbelievable.

CNU85

Quote from: ronk on February 11, 2016, 09:44:22 AM
I imagine that Coach Applebury got the attention of her players at halftime....

The coach needs to take her halftime speech and sell it on ebay!!! Whatever was said, worked!

CNU85

Just noticed half of the Women's teams ranked in the Middle Atlantic Region by the NCAA are CAC teams. Impressive.

Swish3

Indeed...the Lady Captains move up two spots to #16, after going 2-0 last week.  If the CNU women win their next two games, which are both at home, they'll clinch the regular season title and home court advantage throughout the tournament...how sweet would that be?  Their last game against Marymount will be a tough one, but it will likely be for all the marbles...can't wait!

GO LADY CAPS!

CNU85

I will be out of town this weekend. Hopefully get to relax a little on the OBX.

Swish3

Well, the Lady Captains won last night, but it was ugly...a freshman basically bailed 'em out with some huge 3s...didn't see that kind of struggle coming.  I know these girls are young, but they have to find a way to battle through adversity better...I hope it will come in time.

Now, on to Saturday...Marymount comes to town with first place going to the winner...it doesn't get any bigger than this during the regular season!

GO LADY CAPS!

Enjoy your mini vacay, CNU85, but make sure you're back for the conference tournament next week!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There isn't that much time left in the regular season as teams continue to fight to get into conference tournaments and position themselves for hopefully NCAA tournament bids. Second round of Regional Rankings are also out with plenty of answers... and questions. Plus, some teams are putting on some shows recently including a lot of buzzer beaters!

On Thursday night's Hoopsville, Dave McHugh rolls up his sleeves and takes a look at what is happening as we head into the last ten days of the regular season. McHugh will also get some insight on Wednesday's insane men's basketball game between Lynchburg and No. 21 Roanoke. Plus, get a preview of the NESCAC men's and women's tournaments along with talking to ranked teams on both the men's and women's side.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7:00 pm ET and promises to go at least 2 1/2 hours. You can watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb18

Guests scheduled (in order of appearance):
- Alex Graves, Lynchburg senior forward
- Howard Herman, Berkshire Eagle, NESCAC tournaments preview
- Brian Morehouse, No. 3 Hope women's coach
- Bill Broderick, No. 16 Christopher Newport women's coach
- Tom Curle, No. 23 Plattsburgh State men's coach
- Eric Bridgeland, No. 9 Whitman men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project is halfway to the deadline but we are not that close to the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Marymount controlled the whole game, pretty much, winning the CAC title.  CNU is #2 seed; Mary Wash #3.  York is #4, Salisbury #5, and St. Mary's wins the three-way tie for 6th place.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere