MBB: Commonwealth Conference

Started by Warren Thompson, March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reserved Seat

Will it be an upset? E-town is really young.

CCHoopster

Quote from: CCHoopster on November 15, 2011, 09:16:39 AM
Heading to the Etown v Penn State Harrisburg game tonight (local high school kids I use to watch play for Penn State Harrisburg). Saw Penn State Harrisburg scrimmage York College last week and let me just say, while they have no height (maybe 2 or 3 guys 6-3) they get after it. No clue how they have the players there that they do (for a branch campus) but they split 2 halves with York College. Let me be the first to call the upset 76-67 Penn State Harrisburg over Etown.

I was off in my prediction above as Etown was defeated 76-63, not my guess of 76-67. If you have a chance to get to see penn State Harrisburg play, i would. There are very fun to watch and may play faster than alot of teams I have seen in recent years. i think they have Catholic next, should be interesting.

CCHoopster

Quote from: Reserved Seat on November 15, 2011, 09:54:09 PM
Will it be an upset? E-town is really young.

In my opinion it was; the NEAC was somehting like 2 and 60 verse out of conference opponents last year, Harrisburg is only in their second year as a D3 school, game was at Etown. Who knows Researved Seat, maybe it wasn't but this team will win games out of their league this year. Side note, in 20 years of playing and some high school coaching, I never saw a coach let his players just play and make plays as the Harrisburg coach.

*Not an Etown fan or Harrisburg fan* just wanted to see some local former high school kids.

Good luck to all!

gordonmann

The NEAC was 11-60 in non-conference games last season. The members were 6-45 against non-conference Division III foes. Not quite 2-58 but still worst in Division III.

We have a resource that tracks this stuff now.  See pages 5 and 6 of this link.

Good call on the upset by the way.

CCHoopster

Thanks for the accurate numbers and info, gordonmann. 2-60, 11-60, 6-45 all terrible! A friend went to LVC last night and said they looked bad, very bad. Anyone there? I saw york in a scrimmage and they looked above average, not great. Haven't seen LVC. Etown may struggle to finish 7th in the Commonwealth (which I htink they were picked) if they can not handle pressure and athletes- they can't press or break press. Harrisburg has Messiah in two weeks and if they press like they did last night, Messiah will be in trouble, big trouble.

gordonmann

Yeah. Alvernia had a nice win over Gettysburg. The Widener win wasn't a surprise.

mailsy

Happy Thanksgiving MAC Commonwealth Posters :)

There should be a good game on Saturday with Widener and Cabrini playing in the Coaches vs Cancer game at Neumann.

Enjoy your Holiday!
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

CCHoopster

Quote from: CCHoopster on November 16, 2011, 12:29:39 PM
Thanks for the accurate numbers and info, gordonmann. 2-60, 11-60, 6-45 all terrible! A friend went to LVC last night and said they looked bad, very bad. Anyone there? I saw york in a scrimmage and they looked above average, not great. Haven't seen LVC. Etown may struggle to finish 7th in the Commonwealth (which I htink they were picked) if they can not handle pressure and athletes- they can't press or break press. Harrisburg has Messiah in two weeks and if they press like they did last night, Messiah will be in trouble, big trouble.

Nice win for Penn State Harrisburg over Messiah. Messiah really struggled gainst pressure and the Harrisburg athletes. Great finish in OT. Harrisburg is 2-0 vs the MAC with Kings Friday night. Interesting....

oftdip

Where did the Grosevant brothers go? They are not on the Cougar's roster anymore?

CCHoopster

No chatter this year. Some great ball being played and would love to hear what everyone thinks from they games you watch... Happy New Year as well to all. Went to see LVC tonight and well, Meehan gave 30, Brooks gave 22 and the rest of the team gave 25 in the 92-75 loss to Penn State Harrisburg. Harrisburg had all 5 starters in nice double figures. Harrisburg had 15 steals, 24 assists and only 5 t.o's. They are really good, alot of guys who were overlooked locally by LVC, etown ect.... However they are really small. Maybe one player over 6-2/6-3 but they are super athletic. Seems like they have free safties snatching every pass and they play super super fast. 2 officials we doubled over after a 23-3 run by Harrisburg after being down 14 (think thats what the schools writeup said).

good luck to all Mac teams.

mailsy

Commonwealth has three teams regionally ranked: Lycoming(3), Messiah(7), and Alvernia(9).  What team(s) do you think comes out of the conference and goes to the NCAA tourney?
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Swisscheese

Reserved Seat

Reserved Seat

Has Messiah improved drastically since the beginning of the season?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We'll find out tonight... Messiah is one of our guests on Hoopsville. Show starts at 8 PM and you tune in at www.d3hoopsville.com
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.