MBB: Commonwealth Conference

Started by Warren Thompson, March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Mailsy,

Thanks for populating the Commonwealth Board...miss the days of some good PAC chatter.

I would think winner of the Commonwealth (if Alvernia or Albright) is a lock for first round home game (with 30 hosts nationally), and would think at least top two region teams left after first round would also host second round (16 hosts nationally).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: mailsy on February 14, 2013, 01:18:44 PM
Looking at the regional rankings. I see that both Alvernia and Albright are ranked. The winner of the conference could host the first round game. Alvernia most likely, just based on record. However, this year is going to be unique, maybe a Cabrini facing Alvernia once again(if they both make it).

Teams in this area could host more than just one game depending on match-ups and the fact New Jersey schools can't host any games. And of course because there will be just one game at an institution and one game a weekend for the first three weekends (30 hosts fist weekend, 16 hosts second weekend, 8 hosts third weekend)... there are a lot more possibilities.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Jon

d-mac,

That piece on Jersey is something that I had forgotten.  Here's a LINK to the NCAA's Who We Are page which can sort schools by Division, State, Sport, and Conference for those interested in the list of Jersey schools.

lefty2

Quote from: Jon on February 14, 2013, 02:20:52 PM
Mailsy,

Thanks for populating the Commonwealth Board...miss the days of some good PAC chatter.

I would think winner of the Commonwealth (if Alvernia or Albright) is a lock for first round home game (with 30 hosts nationally), and would think at least top two region teams left after first round would also host second round (16 hosts nationally).

The PAC - the good old days.

I was there the day the PAC was born.

I'll give you three guesses where the press conference was held (no googling).
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Jon

Quote from: lefty2 on February 15, 2013, 04:08:21 PM

The Palestra.

lefty2

Quote from: Jon on February 15, 2013, 04:31:21 PM

The Palestra.

Good guess...  Strike one.

The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Jon

lefty2

Quote from: lefty2 on February 15, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

The Palestra.

Correct.  Did you peek?

Jon

Quote from: lefty2 on February 16, 2013, 08:42:29 AM
Quote from: lefty2 on February 15, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

The Palestra.

Correct.  Did you peek?

I didn't peek.  I do remember at one time seeing a press release about the birth of the PAC and remember it was at a Philadelphia sports landmark.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI - Stevenson coach Gary Stewart will be on Hoopsville tonight. The show runs from 7-9 PM EST and Coach Stewart will be part of the NABC Coach's Corner to air around 8:00 PM EST (though, we encourage you to watch the entire show). Below is the important information:

Show website: www.d3hoopsville.com
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

Hope you get the chance to tune in, but if you miss it the archive will be available shortly after the show has gone off the air tonight.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

Good luck to Alvernia as they take on Albertus Magnus!

kate

Good Luck to Alvernia tonight as they take on Alburtus Magnus in Reading!

kate

Sorry, hate it when someone misspells Del Val, so it's Albertus Magnus

lefty2

Quote from: kate on March 02, 2013, 11:12:54 AM
Sorry, hate it when someone misspells Del Val, so it's Albertus Magnus

How is it possible to misspell Dell Val?

kate

Good luck to Alvernia in their game on Sat. with St. Mary's (Md)!