MBB: Commonwealth Conference

Started by Warren Thompson, March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on February 22, 2016, 01:09:41 PM
First game is today correct? Lycoming traveling to Stevenson. Should be a great first round matchup!

#5 Lycoming @ #4 Stevenson tonight at 7:00.  Here's the Stevenson PREVIEW.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: Jon on February 22, 2016, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on February 22, 2016, 01:09:41 PM
First game is today correct? Lycoming traveling to Stevenson. Should be a great first round matchup!

#5 Lycoming @ #4 Stevenson tonight at 7:00.  Here's the Stevenson PREVIEW.

Thanks Jon! I will check it out.

Jon

#5 Lycoming 89, @ #4 Stevenson 75 FINAL

Lycoming @ #1 Alvernia Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in a rematch of last year's semifinal.
#3 Arcadia @ #2 Lebanon Valley in the other semifinal.

Final Saturday, Feb. 27 at higher seed. Time TBA.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

1/1 on my picks so far! Trying to channel my inner Joe Lunardi  ;D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Jon

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 24, 2016, 02:18:57 PM
Final public regional rankings are out: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/24/third-ncaa-regional-ranking/

Please use this board only for posting information that is pertinent to the MAC Commonwealth Conference.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Jon... we post the regional rankings to all boards where it could be relevant. Yes, there are no regionally ranked teams in the Commonwealth this season, but that hasn't been the case for a number of years. You don't control the content of this board and I do feel it is relevant for anyone who may not be as familiar with the system when talking about any at-large possibilities. Those questions always come up this time of year from all locations even if those chances are none.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Jon

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 24, 2016, 02:28:46 PM
Jon... we post the regional rankings to all boards where it could be relevant. Yes, there are no regionally ranked teams in the Commonwealth this season, but that hasn't been the case for a number of years. You don't control the content of this board and I do feel it is relevant for anyone who may not be as familiar with the system when talking about any at-large possibilities. Those questions always come up this time of year from all locations even if those chances are none.

:) I knew I should have put my #sarcasm hashtag in there.  Just adding some levity for the plight of the unranked.  Enjoy some postseason action tonight.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

You know... I had a feeling... but I just wasn't sure. While I take my foot out of my mouth... I tip my hat to what I should have known was sarcasm - since I like to throw that around as well.

Good day, sir.  ;D

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Any predictions for tonight's games? I posted mine previously but will share again.

Alvernia 84
Lycoming 75

Leb Val 69
Arcadia 64

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Wow Lycoming wins it as the 5 seed! What a comeback by Arcadia but it must hurt to fall just short at home. If that game goes 3 more minutes I think Arcadia may have been able to pull off the comeback. Good luck to Lycoming in the NCAA tournament. Selection show is today at 12:30. http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I am no longer surprised by 5-seeds winning MAC Commonwealth titles. I call it the "Albright Run."

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 29, 2016, 11:10:47 PM
I am no longer surprised by 5-seeds winning MAC Commonwealth titles. I call it the "Albright Run."

I agree. What are the chances, in your opinion, that Lycoming knocks off CNU?

Long road trip against a top 5 team. Going to be a tough task. Lycoming seems athletic enough to contest with anyone, but it all depends what team shows up. They have a sense of Jekyll and Hyde this season.

Jon

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 29, 2016, 11:10:47 PM

You sure we can't call it the "Alvernia Run."

Swish3

Lycoming's on a roll, which makes for a very dangerous team...should be a good game!