MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRMIKESMITH

Dave,

Would the CAC do what the NJAC just did with Tennis or would budgets be to damaging for the teams?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: MANDGSU on April 24, 2019, 03:14:55 PM
Dave,

Would the CAC do what the NJAC just did with Tennis or would budgets be to damaging for the teams?

Remind me exactly what the NJAC did with tennis ... I get a lot of things jumbled.

And just as an aside, tennis is a different beast in so many ways anyway... but that might be besides the point.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on April 25, 2019, 01:29:10 PM
Dave,

Remind me exactly what the NJAC did with tennis ... I get a lot of things jumbled.

And just as an aside, tennis is a different beast in so many ways anyway... but that might be besides the point.

for men's tennis, took the four full members they have who sponsor it (Ramapo, TCNJ, RUN, RUC), brought in UW-Whitewater, La Crosse and Eau Claire, plus SUNY Oneonta. Pool B the next two seasons, then A in spring '22.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Caz Bombers on April 25, 2019, 01:35:22 PM
Dave,

for men's tennis, took the four full members they have who sponsor it (Ramapo, TCNJ, RUN, RUC), brought in UW-Whitewater, La Crosse and Eau Claire, plus SUNY Oneonta. Pool B the next two seasons, then A in spring '22.

Oh ... so ... not sure who the CAC would grab, but that could certainly happen. But again ... not sure who they could grab. I doubt anyone in the ACAA would be interested.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Quote from: Caz Bombers on April 25, 2019, 01:35:22 PM
Dave,

Or Golf where Babson is a CAC member.

guest323

Andy Sachs to Chesapeake College (juco)

MW_Eagles

It's going to be interesting to see the remaining CAC teams fill a schedule with only 10 conference games.   UMW is taking a trip to the west coast for 3 games.   

CNU85

Quote from: MW_Eagles on June 03, 2019, 08:58:40 PM
It's going to be interesting to see the remaining CAC teams fill a schedule with only 10 conference games.   UMW is taking a trip to the west coast for 3 games.

Lots of tournament trips, like the one you just mentioned. But those are all before conference play starts for everyone. That's when the scheduling will get a little tougher.

hopefan

Schedules are beginning to be posted... and like you thought, lots of tourneys to fill up the schedule..

St Mary's in FIVE tourneys!!

11/8, 11/9  Dan Greene Memorial at St. Mary's
11/16, 11/17  Battle of Md/DC  at Hood
12/19, 12/20  Puerto Rico Tourney
12/28, 12/29  Washington and Lee Tourney
1/4, 1/5    Elizabethtown Tourney

Can't imagine a five tourney schedule has occurred too often, if ever....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

CNU85

Here we go!!!! Exhibition game tonight @ ODU.

Swish3

Quote from: CNU85 on October 30, 2019, 09:27:38 AM
Here we go!!!! Exhibition game tonight @ ODU.

CNU only trailed by 13 at the half, which is respectable, but ends up losing by 29...they were also held to 19% shooting from the field...ouch!

jesskleangda

One week from today!  I can't wait.

UMW has a fun season ahead, including three games on the west coast.

jesskleangda

Oh - and there isn't a single Senior on UMW.  So the next two season should be real fun!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: jesskleangda on November 01, 2019, 06:43:48 PM
Oh - and there isn't a single Senior on UMW.  So the next two season should be real fun!

Maybe. Nothing against Coach Marcus ... but we've been waiting for the program to break out. I would love to see them take that final step up, but I'll wait to see it. Maybe it happens with this group.