MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcons 25

I have one "suspect", KEVIN SMITH- JUCO ALL AMERICA- SUNY-Sullivan County- (6`, 2" Guard- 185 lbs.)
played with Tyreek Perkins @ Putnam Science (also Career-New Haven)- played one year @ Pace
before thriving @ S.U.N.Y.- Sullivan (17 pts  5 rebs per game)
He`s a New Haven resident & a terrific player.

Falcons 25

Latest recruiting news for Albertus Magnus College:

I have confirmation that : Donovan Guess, a 6-2 guard out of Mercer County Community College will be joining the Falcons in the Fall.
Donovan is a JUCO 2nd team All-American scoring over 1000 pts in 2 yrs. @ Mercer. (19 pts per game last yr.)
Great outside shooter, who can take it to the rim too. Best news: this team averaged 18 assists per game, so I would think he is a selfless
team player!!!! (Averaged 40 pts. per game in high school in New Jersey in 2016-17)

D3HoopJunkie

Awesome news Falcon25! Guess looks like an extremely talented played who will bring a great mix of experience and athleticism to the team this year. Once again, Oliver is showing why he is the best coach in the GNAC and one of the best in the Northeast. There is no such thing as rebuilding at Albertus, we only reload! Year after year because of Olivers incredible recruiting abilities we are always a top favorite to win the GNAC and advance to the NCAA's.

Next up is to find out who the big is that Oliver secured. Supposedly a local kid who was a JUCO stud and received D1 offers?? Falcons25, this is your next mission!!!

Falcons 25

OK! I`ll see what I can find re: a stud #5!!!
In the meantime, AMC has a couple of interesting teams that they will play for the first time.
GEORGE FOX- OREGON is coming to the Nest on Friday, 12/6/2019 @ 2PM! This has been a terrific
team for years! (The next day, they play @ St.Joe`s in West Hartford)
The Falcons open the 2nd semester by playing in a tournament @ York College on Saturday, 1/4/2020. They also play the next day too.

Caz Bombers

the George Fox men's program seems to alternate between mediocre and downright kinda bad. It's their women that are perennial killers.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

GFU-AMC will be a great matchup.  Very similar philosophy, I think.  George Fox plays a little more defense, but they like to move.  It should be entertaining, at least.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Falcons 25

AMC News: The 2nd game(1-5-20) of the York College tournament is against "old friend" PURCHASE!

No more news, but I`ll keep digging!

Falcons 25

AMC fans- Partial schedule is up!
See the GNAC site & you will get a partial schedule for the upcoming 2019-20 season.
Notable games: George Fox & WPI at home!
Johnson & Wales away!
Now it looks like we play Coast Guard-2nd game of the York College tournament in January.

Falcons 25

Complete AMC schedule is up: Highlights! (see D-3 hoops-teams-Albertus Magnus)
1. Season opening tournament @ Hood College- Frederick, Maryland- 11/8 & 9- teams T.B.D.
2. Home games: Williams on 12/1 ,  ST. Lawrence on 12/14, ST. Joes-Me.- 1/25 & St. Joes- CT.- 1/29.
3. George Fox- Oregon & W.P.I.- back-to- back days!

I know Mitch must have recruited a center of the Future!(?) Any idea anyone?

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Falcons 25

AMC Recruiting news:

Nigel Carter- Huntington College- California is : athletic, 6-3 Wing(good 3-pt shot) High School: St. Anthony`s- L.I.
where he averaged 17 pts per game.
Midnight Madness scheduled for: 10/17/19 @ 7pm
Donovan Guess may have left school!(?)

Falcons 25

AMC News: Opening tournament in Frederick, Maryland
Friday: AMC vs Lynchburg
           Hood College vs Southern Virginia University
Saturday: Consolation game
               Championship game

mailsy

Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Falcons 25

I do not love Coach Calhoun like everyone seems to, in this state. That said, this could be a gold digger.
See you soon enough, Jim @ THE NEST!