FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on June 05, 2019, 02:28:08 PM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on June 05, 2019, 02:04:21 PM
MUC57
The Board of Directors has met and found you have fulfilled all the requirements to become :
Master Codger For Life
Be advised that nobody can ever revoke your Codgership!  :)
Another Codger For Life

Do I feel good about this accomplishment?  Well, all I can say is "it takes one to know one"! Are you still chairman of the board? But, all seriousness aside, Go Johnnies! Beat the  Tommies!  ;D
Still Chairman but if I ever express my opinion of what is going on with the MiAC I might get banned from these boards  ;D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

MUC57

57Johnnie

I just hope St. John's doesn't meet the same fate down the road as St. Thomas. As you know, I'm a big fan of the Johnnies. Hope they are allowed to maintain their standard of excellence for many years as members of the MIAC. 🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

HScoach

Thanks to the Greatest Generation and their sacrifice 75 years ago today!  Because of them and countless others, I'm a free man speaking English.  God bless those precious few that remain and allow those lost to enter His rest. 
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

57Johnnie

[/quote]

Thankfully I can't fathom the OAC ever behaving like the MIAC.  BW will of course fold like a cheap suit but the rest of us will try to unseat JCU.
[/quote]
This old Johnnie didn't think it could happen to the MIAC. Pray the alligator eats you last.

MUC57

Quote from: HScoach on June 06, 2019, 07:26:07 AM
Thanks to the Greatest Generation and their sacrifice 75 years ago today!  Because of them and countless others, I'm a free man speaking English.  God bless those precious few that remain and allow those lost to enter His rest.

Well said, HScoach. In a cemetery overlooking the beaches of Normandy, many of those brave souls rest in eternal peace. We owe them a debt of gratitude for allowing us to breath free! Let us never forget!
Job well done! 🇺🇸

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on June 06, 2019, 09:01:30 AM

Well said, HScoach. In a cemetery overlooking the beaches of Normandy, many of those brave souls rest in eternal peace. We owe them a debt of gratitude for allowing us to breath free! Let us never forget!
Job well done! 🇺🇸
My parents aside, my greatest mentor was a frogman and swam into Omaha Beach the night before to set charges to destroy underwater barriers. He was wounded but many of his buddies were killed. He also was on a Cruiser that escaped the Pearl Harbor attack on 12/7/41.
RIP Al.

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: 57Johnnie on June 06, 2019, 09:33:13 AM

Job well done! 🇺🇸
My parents aside, my greatest mentor was a frogman and swam into Omaha Beach the night before to set charges to destroy underwater barriers. He was wounded but many of his buddies were killed. He also was on a Cruiser that escaped the Pearl Harbor attack on 12/7/41.
RIP Al.

Was hoping I'd be the first to post for D-Day 75 years later. Truly the Greatest Generation. It was an honor to have been attached to the 101st in Afghanistan and carry on the legacy started by these men.

AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

hazzben

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on June 06, 2019, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on June 06, 2019, 09:33:13 AM

Job well done! 🇺🇸
RIP Al.

Was hoping I'd be the first to post for D-Day 75 years later. Truly the Greatest Generation. It was an honor to have been attached to the 101st in Afghanistan and carry on the legacy started by these men.

I've tried to make a habit to watch an episode or two of Band of Brothers or the Pacific on Memorial Day & Veteran's Day. Especially a few of the interviews with the survivors (that's the greatest gift BofB gave us in my opinion). Less frequently, I try to watch the opening sequence from Saving Private Ryan on June 6.

I'll never forget sitting in the theater watching that movie in HS and walking out in just total stunned silence. I still don't pretend to fully grasp the sacrifices that were made for our freedom. But that movie made it a whole lot more real, stripping away the sentimentality and fake hollywood heroics so often portrayed, that actually diminish the horror those men faced on our behalf.

Grateful.

MUC57

JCUStreaks70

Great picture. Tells a lot, doesn't it? And thank you for carrying on the fine tradition of the 101st Airborne.

hazzben

A big salute to you for your recognition of this day. You said it for all of us - "Grateful". 🇺🇸

edward de vere

Question for the board:

LK and Ballard are in the HOF, and Borchert and Kmic should be in and maybe some other skills guys as well but:  Who are the Mount players on the offensive line and any position on defense who played at or near the Ballard and Borchert and Kmic level?

Ereraider

MUC57

Quote from: Ereraider on June 13, 2019, 07:32:51 PM
My vote for Chris Kern

Good choice. My former neighbor and friend. Played a couple games with the Detroit Lions. Fast as hell and a great player. I think he would make most lists.  ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: edward de vere on June 13, 2019, 04:47:11 PM
Question for the board:

LK and Ballard are in the HOF, and Borchert and Kmic should be in and maybe some other skills guys as well but:  Who are the Mount players on the offensive live and any position on defense who played at or near the Ballard and Borchert and Kmic level?

A great discussion question!  UMU hasn't won c. 300 national titles by just having great QBs and RBs!  As an outsider I have nothing to add to your question, except for a couple more 'skill guys' - Garcon and Shorts.

HScoach

Question for the board:

LK and Ballard are in the HOF, and Borchert and Kmic should be in and maybe some other skills guys as well but:  Who are the Mount players on the offensive line and any position on defense who played at or near the Ballard and Borchert and Kmic level?

Jason Hall.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

MUC57

Question for the board:

Mike Hallett

We can name a whole bunch. This is easier than I thought.  :o