FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCUStreaks70

Happy Flag Day OAC Posters... And Happy Birthday to my Beloved US Army and it's most important branch, The Infantry.

First to Fight!

AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

raiderpa

I was told that the college hall of fame has a pro bias.  If you did not get a look or sign a pro contract and have it as part of your resume that it, in his opinion, counts against you.

MUC57

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of us fortunate enough to have that title.  :D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

57Johnnie

MUC57,
Thursday is National Take a Geek on a Hike Day  :)
Remember, the length of a hike is limited by how much beer you can pack.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

gizzmo13

nick driskill was one of the best i have seen at mount , i've been going since 92..   kmic was definitely amazing to watch. so many great players over the years. hall of fame worthy induno. kmic def is worthy no matter what.

raider-in-law

Had to resign in for this one.Nick Driskell was one that caught my eye when he was only on special teams. He didn't stay on special teams long. I know this may be a bold statement , but he may have been the best defencesive player at Mount. Oh how spoiled we are to have so many to pick from. 

raiderpa

Mount's All Americans by position would be an interesting look.  I am too feeble to do this, but if there is a brave soul willing, it would be a great read.

wally_wabash

Quote from: raiderpa on June 18, 2019, 07:44:15 AM
Mount's All Americans by position would be an interesting look.  I am too feeble to do this, but if there is a brave soul willing, it would be a great read.

They're all right here.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dr. Acula

For defensive players I'd go Hall and Driskill immediately.  Statistically no one comes close to Hall though.  521 career tackles will never be broken.  2nd all-time barely eclipsed 350 (Spisak with 352).   

Surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet, but Dieuseul was one of the best defensive players I've seen at Mount.  He was an AA at DE one year then moves to LB and is an AA again.  Dude was a beast. 

For OL the first name many will think of is Larry Kinnard.  I think of Joe Weimer.  He was dominant at OT during the Borchert era.  Two time first-team AA.  Weimer was just a man out there. 

raiderpa

Quote from: wally_wabash on June 18, 2019, 09:52:48 AM
Quote from: raiderpa on June 18, 2019, 07:44:15 AM

They're all right here.   :)
THANKS!!

HScoach

Quote from: Dr. Acula on June 18, 2019, 11:02:13 AM
For defensive players I'd go Hall and Driskill immediately.  Statistically no one comes close to Hall though.  521 career tackles will never be broken.  2nd all-time barely eclipsed 350 (Spisak with 352).   

Surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet, but Dieuseul was one of the best defensive players I've seen at Mount.  He was an AA at DE one year then moves to LB and is an AA again.  Dude was a beast. 

For OL the first name many will think of is Larry Kinnard.  I think of Joe Weimer.  He was dominant at OT during the Borchert era.  Two time first-team AA.  Weimer was just a man out there. 

Good call on Dieuseul.  He was a stud and gets lost in the shuffle a bit.

Even better call on Joe Weimer.  Complete dominance.  I also put Jason Gerber in that ultra-elite category too.  Both guys were great tacticians with a serious nasty streak.  Weren't satisfied with just blocking their man, they tried to bury him.  Most people don't pay attention to interior line play, but that's my first love.  Both Weimer and Gerber brought the same "I want to embarrass you" mentality that made Pierre Garcon stand out.

For those that first think of Kinnard, I suggest they seek some help.  Nice kid, sad story of why he ended up at Mount, but not worthy of the accolades garnered from his play.     
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: HScoach on June 18, 2019, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on June 18, 2019, 11:02:13 AM

Good call on Dieuseul.  He was a stud and gets lost in the shuffle a bit.

Even better call on Joe Weimer.  Complete dominance.  I also put Jason Gerber in that ultra-elite category too.  Both guys were great tacticians with a serious nasty streak.  Weren't satisfied with just blocking their man, they tried to bury him.  Most people don't pay attention to interior line play, but that's my first love.  Both Weimer and Gerber brought the same "I want to embarrass you" mentality that made Pierre Garcon stand out.

For those that first think of Kinnard, I suggest they seek some help.  Nice kid, sad story of why he ended up at Mount, but not worthy of the accolades garnered from his play.   

Diesuel is probably my favorite defensive player that I've watched at Mount. Loved BJ Payne's tenacity and leadership in the 90's.

edward de vere

Great responses by all on my question.  Thanks!

WRMUalum13

Oh man the diuesel punt block TD in the '12 stagg was awesome.

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠