Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 15, 2018, 12:25:20 PM
Quote from: guest323 on February 15, 2018, 12:14:27 AM
Quote from: Seatfiller on February 14, 2018, 09:14:29 PM

SU gets stomped on against EMU 93-121 :o

in regulation?!

It's really hard to lose by 28 in overtime.
So true.  Even if 28-0 in 5 minutes, that's the equivalent of a 224 point full game pace.

hasanova

RC with the big win tonight against Randolph. It was a close game in the first half, but RC was able to pull away in the second half. In other ODAC news:

W and L wins at E and H 92-87
Guilford loses at Lynchburg 92-89
VWU squeaks by BC 60-58
RMC wins at HSC 67-56

RC plays at HSC on Saturday and if they can win they might be able to sneak into the 2nd place in the ODAC (if E and H loses at EMU). That sounds absolutely crazy if you remember 3 weeks ago they were in 6th place, gotta love the ODAC.
GC/LC score was 79-73.

guest323

Quote from: hasanova on February 15, 2018, 02:17:28 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 15, 2018, 12:25:20 PM
Quote from: guest323 on February 15, 2018, 12:14:27 AM

in regulation?!

It's really hard to lose by 28 in overtime.
So true.  Even if 28-0 in 5 minutes, that's the equivalent of a 224 point full game pace.

I just can't believe that many points in regulation - that's terrible

Seatfiller

Any predictions on the last set of regular season games in the conference?

The last games are:

RMC at W and L
Roanoke vs HSC
SU at Guilford
VWU at Randolph
BC at Lynchburg
EMH at EMU

I got RMC beating W and L, Roanoke in a close one beating HSC, Guilford blowing out SU, VWU in a tight one at Randolph, Lynchburg beating BC in a tight one at home, EMU upsetting EMH in Kirby Dean's last home game.

y_jack_lok

I'll stop short of making a prediction, but I think an RMC win tomorrow might be hard to come by. I haven't checked out the actual results, but my memory tells me that the Jackets don't always fare too well in Lexington. Also, it is probably senior day for W&L and since RMC already has the #1 seed there isn't the same sense of urgency as there might be if the seeding depended on them winning.

jknezek

Quote from: y_jack_lok on February 16, 2018, 09:51:47 AM
I'll stop short of making a prediction, but I think an RMC win tomorrow might be hard to come by. I haven't checked out the actual results, but my memory tells me that the Jackets don't always fare too well in Lexington. Also, it is probably senior day for W&L and since RMC already has the #1 seed there isn't the same sense of urgency as there might be if the seeding depended on them winning.

This is what I was pondering last night as well. The Generals have it all to play for. RMC has very little. That doesn't always work out, but in this case I think it might.

tigerFanAlso2

RMC has a lot to play. IF they don't win the ODAC tourney, Overall record will keep them in the hunt for pool c, maybe

HSC has a lot to play for as well, a win could keep them from finishing last in the ODAC. Hard for me to say given the b'ball tradition, but reality is what it is.

Swish3

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on February 16, 2018, 10:39:00 AM
RMC has a lot to play. IF they don't win the ODAC tourney, Overall record will keep them in the hunt for pool c, maybe

HSC has a lot to play for as well, a win could keep them from finishing last in the ODAC. Hard for me to say given the b'ball tradition, but reality is what it is.

Bingo!

y_jack_lok

Good points about overall record as it affect's Pool C chances. In my defense, I only said they might not have the same sense of urgency about Saturday's game as it relates to ODAC tournament seeding. But I have to admit I wasn't thinking beyond that to the NCAA tournament, which was a mistake on my part.

Seatfiller

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on February 16, 2018, 10:39:00 AM

Very good point. I could see RMC getting a bid if they win tomorrow and then lose sometime in the conference tourney.

hasanova

I suspect the ODAC might be a one-bid conference this season.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on February 16, 2018, 01:42:02 PM

You would know better than me, but an RMC team that runs the table before losing in the ODAC finals would be a reasonable at large. They sit second in the latest South Regional Rankings, would likely end up something like 4-4 or so in RRO, and a pretty decent SOS. Not a slam dunk, but I suspect they'd be in the running.

Swish3

If you haven't already, click on the Multi-Regional Topics and check out the Pool C projections that fantastic50 posts...it's really good stuff!

hasanova

-
Quote from: jknezek on February 16, 2018, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: hasanova on February 16, 2018, 01:42:02 PM

You would know better than me, but an RMC team that runs the table before losing in the ODAC finals would be a reasonable at large. They sit second in the latest South Regional Rankings, would likely end up something like 4-4 or so in RRO, and a pretty decent SOS. Not a slam dunk, but I suspect they'd be in the running.
I'm not at all sure if I know better than you, but I do agree that RMC is probably the only ODAC team with a shot at an at-large bid.  The Yellow Jackets are 18-6, and assuming they win tomorrow, would be 19-6 (W&L has a lot to play for and it's in Lexington, so this game is no sure thing).  As the #1 seed, they could win two more games before the championship which could put them at 21-6.  A loss tomorrow or in the tournament would be their 7th, which puts them in bubble territory ... not unprecedented, but not a lock by any means.  I also think the 20-win plateau is key.

Emory & Henry is also 18-6, but I won't be surprised at this point if the Wasps lose two more.  A five game losing streak does not bode well going into the postseason.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: Swish3 on February 16, 2018, 04:54:08 PM
If you haven't already, click on the Multi-Regional Topics and check out the Pool C projections that fantastic50 posts...it's really good stuff!

Yep, amazing what he's doing.