D-3 Players in the Pros

Started by Knightstalker, August 18, 2005, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Quote from: ITH radio on March 27, 2019, 10:33:27 AM
After recovering from an injury, Jake Payne of Shenandoah U has been playing well for the Birmingham Iron in the AAF. Going to try and see him when they come here to Orlando in a couple of weeks. Donteaa Dye of Heidelberg is also in that game, as he's made some good plays as a WR for the Apollos.

Oh man.  Hope you didn't purchase those tickets in advance, JB. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

ITH radio

We did not. Speaking to Jake later today. Curious to get his reaction on how everything went down.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Hawks88

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on March 12, 2019, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on February 28, 2019, 02:04:31 PM
It not ehre NFL or even the CFL, However it is still Professional Football. Mason Espinosa of OWU fame is still playing. He is the QB of the Columbus Lions in the National  Arena League.
http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/rosters/columbus-lions/193-mason-espinosa.html

http://columbuslions.net/team/roster/index.html?player_id=2

He looks to be doing fairly well.
Mason moved up to the AFL. He signed with the Albany Empire.
Mason Espinosa, Quarterback

Though he may be a rookie to the AFL, Mason Espinosa brings plenty of indoor football experience to the Empire. Espinosa played his college ball at Ohio Wesleyan where he was a four-time All-NCAC selection and Conference Player of the Year in 2012. He holds numerous school and Conference records including career passing yards (11,069), and total yards (10,839). After college, Espinosa had partaken in various Pro Days with NFL teams, as well as, a minicamp with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shortly after his stint in the NFL, the quarterback joined the Erie Explosion of the Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL). He jumped from the American Indoor Football League, to the IFL before landing in the National Arena League with the Columbus Lions in 2017 and remaining there for the past two seasons.
http://thealbanyempire.com/news/story/?id=14012

Columbus must have a thing for DIII QB's. We went to see them last night and their current QB is Luke Collis of Occidental. Looks like he was a senior on the 2011 team. The backup is listed as Mitch Kidd of Redlands who was a senior on the 2017 team.

ITH radio

Delaware Valley grad Rasheed Bailey will be on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers this CFL season, which I believe is starting this week.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Catching up on off season NFL  signings , I noticed that the Giants signed Jake Ceresna from Edmonton of the CFL who was a 2016 graduate of Cortland State. Good luck to this 6'5" 295 pound DE Cortland Dragon with the BIG BLUE....hey, CORTACA at MetLife Stadium this year and maybe a Dragon on the permanent roster.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Hawks88

Quote from: Hawks88 on June 02, 2019, 10:23:17 PM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on March 12, 2019, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on February 28, 2019, 02:04:31 PM
It not ehre NFL or even the CFL, However it is still Professional Football. Mason Espinosa of OWU fame is still playing. He is the QB of the Columbus Lions in the National  Arena League.
http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/rosters/columbus-lions/193-mason-espinosa.html

http://columbuslions.net/team/roster/index.html?player_id=2

He looks to be doing fairly well.
Mason moved up to the AFL. He signed with the Albany Empire.
Mason Espinosa, Quarterback

Though he may be a rookie to the AFL, Mason Espinosa brings plenty of indoor football experience to the Empire. Espinosa played his college ball at Ohio Wesleyan where he was a four-time All-NCAC selection and Conference Player of the Year in 2012. He holds numerous school and Conference records including career passing yards (11,069), and total yards (10,839). After college, Espinosa had partaken in various Pro Days with NFL teams, as well as, a minicamp with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shortly after his stint in the NFL, the quarterback joined the Erie Explosion of the Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL). He jumped from the American Indoor Football League, to the IFL before landing in the National Arena League with the Columbus Lions in 2017 and remaining there for the past two seasons.
http://thealbanyempire.com/news/story/?id=14012

Columbus must have a thing for DIII QB's. We went to see them last night and their current QB is Luke Collis of Occidental. Looks like he was a senior on the 2011 team. The backup is listed as Mitch Kidd of Redlands who was a senior on the 2017 team.
Due to injuries Columbus has picked up another DIII QB, Bryan Hicks who was a senior for Southwestern in 2016.

jknezek

Was happy to see Alex Tanney getting some good time with the Giants last night. The two picks he threw probably didn't help but with Jones and Manning on the roster, Tanney can't be looking for much more than some tape again. He was the primary backup last year and had a 2 year contract, but drafting Jones relegated him again. Got to give him credit though. He's 7 years and 9 different teams (counting TN twice) into an NFL career and has had some regular season game time. Not many people anywhere can say that.

PA_wesleyfan

Sorry if this has been discussed. Just wondering if the new league will open more opportunities for more DIII players next
year. supposedly the league will be real football and not the goofy things that Vince McMahon did with his last football adventure
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

HSCTiger74

Quote from: jknezek on August 30, 2019, 11:40:55 AM
Was happy to see Alex Tanney getting some good time with the Giants last night. The two picks he threw probably didn't help but with Jones and Manning on the roster, Tanney can't be looking for much more than some tape again. He was the primary backup last year and had a 2 year contract, but drafting Jones relegated him again. Got to give him credit though. He's 7 years and 9 different teams (counting TN twice) into an NFL career and has had some regular season game time. Not many people anywhere can say that.

I'm not sure what will happen after they go through the waiver list, but for now the Giants have kept him on their 53 man roster.
TANSTAAFL

Bartman

I am reviving this topic in honor of Ali Marpet, 2015 Hobart grad, and starting left guard for the Super Bowl  bound Tampa Bay Bucaneers ....Ali has not allowed Tom Brady to be sacked(actually over 1000 snaps without giving up a sack) and has been rated one of the top OLmen in the game .....the highest drafted D3 player(#61 in 2015) and one of  the greatest D3 players to make it in the NFL .....GOBART!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MUC57

Quote from: Bartman on January 27, 2021, 06:21:42 AM
I am reviving this topic in honor of Ali Marpet, 2015 Hobart grad, and starting left guard for the Super Bowl  bound Tampa Bay Bucaneers ....Ali has not allowed Tom Brady to be sacked(actually over 1000 snaps without giving up a sack) and has been rated one of the top OLmen in the game .....the highest drafted D3 player(#61 in 2015) and one of  the greatest D3 players to make it in the NFL .....GOBART!

Bartman

Thanks for the info on Ali Marpet. Always good to see one of our Dlll guys make it big (or even make it at all)! I will certainly keep my eyes on him during the Super Bowl.
Go Ali and Go Dlll ‼️ 🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

FCGrizzliesGrad

With the 98th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Quinn Meinerz, offensive lineman from UW-Whitewater.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Etchglow

Not quite the NFL, but D'Angelo Fulford from Mount Union signed with the BC Lions in the CFL.  Also, Blake Jackson from UMHB signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. 

Looks like we might might be able to watch the two alums face off on July 30, August 26, and October 30. 

02 Warhawk

another UWW lineman, undrafted free agent Nate Trewyn, signed with the Dolphins.