MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sludge

I know you guys worked the topic earlier, but I want to with Bill Leatherman all the best.  He seemed like a warm person, and a great coach who always had his guys ready to challenge.  I wish him happiness.

steelyglen

Sludge...right on with the "class" comments about Bill Leatherman. there was no classier guy in the college coaching ranks regardless of "D"-whatever. A great college basketball teacher and mentor and even a better person. I know a certain former POY who would not have been the player or the person he was/is with out Bill Leatherman.

Now let's just hope, for the sake of the Bridgewater College Men's Basketball program, that the Eagle administration will look no further than the first person to the right of Bill Leatherman on the BC bench for their next head coach. P.W. Weller is THE right person for the job. He knows the school having graduated from there in 1999. He knows the the current roster as he was closely involved in recruting each player. He knows the ODAC inside and out as both a player and a coach, he knows basketball and his teaching skills are widely known up and down the east coast. What better person is there to get Bridgewater College basketball players ready for college life than someone who has "been there and done that" at Bridgewater College? P.W. has a great vision for the Eagle program...one that includes ODAC Champioships, an NCAA tournament presence, a more uptempo style of play that will entertain fans and a great desire to continue the tradition that has had EVERY player who has completed their 4 years at Bridgewater College graduate from this fine institution.The ODAC will be better with P.W Weller as the next Head Coach at Bridgewater College.

steelyglen

Oh by the way...Avery Marie Williford arrived Thursday Night at 8:30 coming in at 7lbs and 12oz and 21" long. Mom and baby are doing great and a certain former POY is one proud papa..almost as estatic as his old-man ;D

sludge

Quote from: steelyglen on August 18, 2008, 11:02:29 AM
Oh by the way...Avery Marie Williford arrived Thursday Night at 8:30 coming in at 7lbs and 12oz and 21" long. Mom and baby are doing great and a certain former POY is one proud papa..almost as estatic as his old-man ;D

Congratulations, Gramps!   :)

hasanova

Quote from: sludge on August 19, 2008, 01:28:26 PM
Quote from: steelyglen on August 18, 2008, 11:02:29 AM

Congratulations, Gramps!   :)
Ditto!

jdubyadubya

Check out Brandon Adair's blog - link is on front page. Sounds like he has a coach just like Macedo. He should be accustomed to it!

sludge

Quote from: FortyFour on August 22, 2008, 04:24:08 PM
VWC has posted their '08-'09 season schedule:

http://www.vwc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/season/08_09/schedule.php

I see the Fish schedule this year has them visiting the Florida Straits, the wreck of Queen Anne's Revenge, Stellwagen Bank, and winds up at the Flemish Cap.  Their AD must really be over the top.

tigers

Major congrats, Steely!  You must be proud...just give her some time to develop before you toss her into the lay-up lines!

jdubyadubya

Steely - Grandchildren are terrific. A grandparent once said that if she knew how great grandkids were she would have started there ;D. Carol and I now have two - Ella Caroline, 8 mos; Jack, 3mos. Ella Caroline lives nearby but Jack lives in Tucson. We have to go out there several times a year.  ;). By the way, old #44 just asked Ashley to marry him and she said yes. Looks like a wedding next summer!

steelyglen

outstanding J-dub...my heartiest congrats to #44...keep me posted...yep nothing like a little one around...by the way she has learned to tuck the elbow and keep the ball on her fingertips...c'mon guys she's 12 days old today...time's a wastin'...as a back-up she will live Anika Sorenstam for 6 months and Lorena Ochoa for 6 months beginning in September...somebody's got to supplement my retirement... ;D

sludge

I hear Caleb Kimbrough (Guilford '08) will be playing for the Washington Generals.  With his competitive streak,  the Globetrotters better watch out!

jdubyadubya

Re. Caleb....Shaggy must have retired!

emufan

Steely,

Congrats to the addition of your family.

Everyone,

Can we all agree that Steely can stop calling his son, "a former ODAC POY?"  I mean come on steely, we know it's your son, we know he was great, we know you are proud, but after five years of bringing that up, it gets kinda old. From now on, you can say Kyle W. and we will still know exactly who you are talking about.

oldfish