FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

criswyly

Wildcat11
Your mini highlights really rocked....the music was perfect for the mood...I watched it about 10 times.  You are getting close to the NFL level on that one....
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

bluenote

Congrats to the Linfield Squad!

olddog

I have seen both teams play LF and MHB, I am sticking with my first thoughts after playing both. I will take LF. MHB is slightly more athletic but MHB does not throw the ball as well as LF. If MHB can establish the run game they win, however I think LF will force MHB into many passing downs and it will play into LF hands. MHB does not blitz much out of their 40 front, and when they do I think LF will pick them a part. LF was the best O line we saw this year, and MHB D line is quick but LF line does not make many mistakes, very well coached.

It will be interesting to see how LF adjust to MHB team speed, and like wise how MHB can stay true to their reads. The MHB mike backer is very good. May get some pro try outs, I expect LF to run that little counter play on him to see if he stays home and the backside of the defense can stay home too. The weak side backer is tiny for MHB, but he stays so far off the line. O linemen have a hard time getting to him and he just runs around them to make plays on the edge. I would expect LF to try to run at him. 

It will be an interesting game, and if LF can play a fairly mistake free game, they should prevail due to their passing game.

On a side note your kids get to play in the best D3 stadium in the nation, pretty impressive. It will give the Cats a big time stadium feel. Take a tour of the student union too and if you have a car go to the back of the school to check out their football practice field.
MHB spend over a million buck a year running their football program and it shows. Too bad the kids are out for the break because it will affect attendance by a couple grand.

Happy Turkey day to the LF fans and the always polite MHB fans...Sorry MHB fans on my prediction because you all are very nice people and it blew me away when folks told us thanks for coming and enjoy our visit, everywhere we went in town. Millers BBQ is a must, have the baby back ribs and spicy sausage.

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Kelly Boggs

Olddog, your honest assessment and perspective are respected by this Crusader. That said, I hope you're wrong.  8-)

If both teams play to their potentials, it should be a good one. The linebacker you mentioned, DeShon Kinsey - #45, has missed the past few games due to a knee injury. He returned briefly on Saturday, but did not play on Sunday. No word on his status for Linfield. If Kinsey is unable to go, he will be missed, but that's football. Someone will just have to step up and go.

UP with the PURPLE!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

olddog

KB, thanks and if MHB wins it is not a surprise at all. I just do not feel MHB is as complete team as last year (TB and DBs for one area). I thought MHB was the best team in the nation last year, had the semi game won, that too is football. Man too bad on your backer, that dude can really fill holes. Best backer I have seen this year, by far. He is a huge loss, to your team. He is just so explosive to the ball. I found myself watching him sometimes and not our play call. 

LF is a very well coached team. When you watch them play one can tell the staff has done good job drilling into them what they need to do, so now they can just go out and play. They execute but are not robotic about it. It is the last gear all coaches try to get kid into, some just never get there.

Happy Turkey Day ...KB
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wildcat11

Quote from: criswyly on November 25, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
Wildcat11
Your mini highlights really rocked....the music was perfect for the mood...I watched it about 10 times.  You are getting close to the NFL level on that one....

Thanks Cris and CB22...that's what I'm trying to do!  Go 'Cats!

D O.C.

I'm not going to get excited if Mary Baylor gets an interception or two. The #2 team in the nation should have the capability to do that. Limit the damage. Keep on chooglin'.

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Jack Parkman

For you Cat fans that are traveling- Is there any sort of tailgate planned before the game?

D O.C.

I think a little bar opened up on the Austin side of campus called The Lightnin' Hitch. Be there.

gren

Quote from: Jack Parkman on November 26, 2014, 03:27:16 PM
For you Cat fans that are traveling- Is there any sort of tailgate planned before the game?
The boys from the corner will be tipping a few in my living room before during and after. The biscuts and gravy will compliment the brews. Kickoff should be around 10 a.m. my time.

gren

Hey DOC nice picture whose the drunken idiot with the cheerleaders?http://www.d3boards.com/Smileys/classic/tongue.gif

BullDawg

All NWC Teams have been released
Like: http://nwcsports.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/All-NWC_FBALL2014

Congrats to all of the selections and special congrats to Alex Hoff, he has to be one of the most explosive DEs in DIII, very deserving of defensive player of the year honors.

wesleydad

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all the Linfield fans.  You guys have a good one this week and it will be interesting to see how the game goes.  UMHB does not look as good as they did last year as Olddog stated so Linfield has a chance to pull off the upset.  Win this one and the next one will not be nearly as hard, except for the trip across country to Widener unless they get upset.