MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: robertgoulet on May 08, 2018, 11:51:07 AM
Seems to be the "major announcement" is that they are going to offer women's wrestling as a varsity sport.

The initial tease on Twitter had XXVII (27) on it, and the women's wrestling announcement today said it's the 27th varsity sport.

Yep. Heres the announcement;

https://www.northcentralcardinals.com/news/2018/5/8/womens-wrestling-added-as-27th-varsity-sport.aspx?path=wwrestling

Gregory Sager

Seems to be the "major announcement" is that they are going to offer women's wrestling as a varsity sport.

People can go ahead and yell at me all they like for this -- and I really wouldn't blame them for it -- but the very first thought that ran through my head when I read your post was, "Mud or jello?"
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

I just thought of the movie Old School with Blue and the girls.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 08, 2018, 02:17:49 PM

People can go ahead and yell at me all they like for this -- and I really wouldn't blame them for it -- but the very first thought that ran through my head when I read your post was, "Mud or jello?"

Now, now Donald, err Gregory. You better just hope that CNN or MSNBC doesn't get ahold of that quote! 🤫 😏

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on May 08, 2018, 03:30:26 PM
I just thought of the movie Old School with Blue and the girls.

Given your old d3boards.com handle, it figures. ;) I'm more apt to think in terms of Stripes, as I've always been a big John Candy fan.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

kiko

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 08, 2018, 02:17:49 PM

I'm not going to yell at you, but you deserve to be forced into the ring with one of next year's team members so we can see what they think of your comment. :)

(You will, of course, need to wear the required uniform... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwtDTmV6lU)

kiko

Unrelated to off-season recruiting, but worth noting from a North Central sports coverage standpoint: Friday is WONC's 50th anniversary.

lmitzel

Quote from: kiko on May 08, 2018, 08:23:37 PM
Unrelated to off-season recruiting, but worth noting from a North Central sports coverage standpoint: Friday is WONC's 50th anniversary.

It's also a nice sendoff for our radio mafia don longtime general manager John Madormo, who's also been the men's basketball academic advisor for I think at least as far back as when I started at NCC as an undergrad. I'm hoping to make an appearance there, but with my schedule I don't know if I'll be able to.

The station's won its fair share of awards; they were the Small College Radio Station of the Year or something back in 2015, and my senior year we won an award for Best Play by Play for the NCC/UW-Whitewater football playoff game that I did color for.

I just wish they'd stop going back to 15 minutes of music during halftime of basketball games they cover. [insert "Back in my day" rant here]
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

kiko

Quote from: lmitzel on May 09, 2018, 09:48:03 AM
Quote from: kiko on May 08, 2018, 08:23:37 PM

It's also a nice sendoff for our radio mafia don longtime general manager John Madormo, who's also been the men's basketball academic advisor for I think at least as far back as when I started at NCC as an undergrad. I'm hoping to make an appearance there, but with my schedule I don't know if I'll be able to.

The station's won its fair share of awards; they were the Small College Radio Station of the Year or something back in 2015, and my senior year we won an award for Best Play by Play for the NCC/UW-Whitewater football playoff game that I did color for.

I just wish they'd stop going back to 15 minutes of music during halftime of basketball games they cover. [insert "Back in my day" rant here]

At one point during my time at North Central, I was entrusted with John's home phone number, in case there was an emergency during non-business hours.  I did the only responsible thing one should do with that: I and my news person called him live on the air really early in the morning to wake him up on his birthday.

And BTW, that wasn't best small college radio station in 2015... it was best overall college radio station.

lmitzel

Quote from: kiko on May 09, 2018, 11:45:23 PM
And BTW, that wasn't best small college radio station in 2015... it was best overall college radio station.

Even better! I just couldn't remember for sure.

Quote from: kiko on May 09, 2018, 11:45:23 PM
At one point during my time at North Central, I was entrusted with John's home phone number, in case there was an emergency during non-business hours.  I did the only responsible thing one should do with that: I and my news person called him live on the air really early in the morning to wake him up on his birthday.

I still have his cell number for similar reasons, though the only non-emergency thing I did with it was text him a picture of my brother with Michael Phelps.

That you weren't taken out by the ready to assemble sniper rifle in John's briefcase is nothing short of a miracle. :)
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

tomt4525

Monticello 2018 SF Calvin Fisher has committed to Millikin. Big pick up as the top 75 prospect should bring scoring on the wing from day one.

AndOne

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 11, 2018, 02:43:11 PM
Monticello 2018 SF Calvin Fisher has committed to Millikin. Big pick up as the top 75 prospect should bring scoring on the wing from day one.

Evidentially he couldn't resist joining his older brother. Too bad. I know some other teams would have liked to have him.

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on May 11, 2018, 05:55:51 PM

Evidentially he couldn't resist joining his older brother. Too bad. I know some other teams would have liked to have him.

I have heard Calvin Fisher is a stud.  I believe he was NCC's #1 or #2 target.  Should be a big factor at Millikin.

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on May 12, 2018, 09:03:46 AM
Quote from: AndOne on May 11, 2018, 05:55:51 PM

I have heard Calvin Fisher is a stud.  I believe he was NCC's #1 or #2 target.  Should be a big factor at Millikin.

Not sure you could classify him as #1 or #2 because anybody who doesn't play guard could also be classified as #1 or #2. ⛹🏼‍♂️ 😏

tomt4525

Edwardsville 2018 PG Jack Marinko commits to Millikin.  Great scoring guard that can really shoot it.