BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: TitanRailer on April 14, 2006, 11:50:38 AM

Plus, if I know the Carthage players, they enjoy being "hated" or cheered against.  I know I enjoyed players/fans rooting against me, it was fun!

We thrived on it... the best way to beat Carthage is to shut your mouth and not piss anyone off. Once one guys finds a reason to get angry at an opposing player, they are like sharks who smell blood and all rally around to get a piece of the action. Carthage rarely loses an emotional game, they lose games that they do not have an emotional interest in.

Let sleeping dogs lie... Augie used to love it when other teams chirped at us, he knew we would respond by pounding them.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BigPoppa

Carthage over IWU 2-1: Redmen run to a 3 game lead.

Augie over NPU 2-1: NPU gets it first real test

Elmhurst over Millikin 2-1: Bluejays start to make their run to the #4 spot... whether or not they reach it is a different story.

NCC over Wheaton 2-1: Bottom of the conference tightens up.

This weekend will shake quite a few things out in the CCIW as teams will settle into their conference positions

REDMENFAN

Titan Trailer,

I think your opinion is right on. Any true competitor, whether its a Carthage player or any player, loves being in a hostile environment. It just gives the players so much adrenaline and that much more motivation to compete their hardest.  Last year's 3 game set at IWU is a perfect example, no to mention the tournament game against them at their place. Regardless of the outcome, it was a very special thing to be a part of. Every single inning of those 4 games was unbelievably intense. I gotta go now though boys!! Time to go have some fun today at the double header by the lake. It was cloudy this morning, but the sun is starting to creep out, and just checked the weather and it is supposed to be partly sunny all day with a high of 78 degrees!!!

TitanRailer

I think you Carthage guys have mentioned a Sports Information number one can call with in-game score updates.  Care to share that number so I can call for updates??

BigPoppa

Quote from: TitanRailer on April 14, 2006, 01:26:47 PM
I think you Carthage guys have mentioned a Sports Information number one can call with in-game score updates.  Care to share that number so I can call for updates??

Here you go:

(262) 551-5388

Captain Morgan

Here we go with another great weekend. My predictions:

Carthage over IWU 2-1: Carthage locks up the regular season title.

Augie over NPU 3-0: North Park comes back to reality

Millikin over Elmhurst 2-1: Clark Jones begins sending resumes to other schools

Wheaton over NCC 2-1: "You called down the thunder. Well, now you got it." NCC spirals to its rock-bottom.

mwunder

Well, game one goes to IWU 7-2.  Husing gave up a three run bomb to RC and a solo shot.  Carthage couldn't handle the slow off-speed crap the IWU pitcher was tossing up there.

TitanRailer

Carthage comes back with a 13-3 game in the nightcap.

Have to say, happy with a split.  Hopefully the Titans can win tomorrow!

emeritusprof

Does this mean Carthage is ahead -- 15 to 10?

BigPoppa

Anybody have any other scores from the CCIW today? Nothing is posted yet.

augie_superfan

Augustana beats North Park 3-2 and 9-1

augie_superfan

Millikin won 13-9 and 6-0 over Elmhurst

Captain Morgan

Quote from: augie_superfan on April 14, 2006, 10:06:13 PM

And let the coaching interviews begin at Elmhurst.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: TitanRailer on April 13, 2006, 11:53:15 AM

We had to play against guys like Flees, Beyer, Blansette, Atkins, etc, that were just gritty and winners.  I think that is one reason why Coach Martel dislikes Carthage.  They always found a way to win against us.  We always knew we were in for a battle.     
That is almost a who's who of Carthage baseball. I know all of those guys well.

Shorty Flees- great baseball name, great baseball player, even better person.

Mark Beyer- possibly Augie's all-time most hated player (one time Beyer got punched in practice and Augie pretended not to notice), but probably the best hitter to ever put on a Carthage uniform. Led the nation in HRs in 1996. Ultimate hitter in the clutch.

Shannon Blansette- all over the Carthage record books, unbelievable intensity and competitiveness. Once punched Beyer in a hotel after losing to him in chess. No one you would rather have as a teammate.

Len Atkins- aka, "Geeker." Probably the ugliest guy to ever play in the CCIW, but he was a scrappy guy that always found a way to beat you.

Cooler King

Quote from: Captain Morgan on April 14, 2006, 10:37:58 PM
Quote from: augie_superfan on April 14, 2006, 10:06:13 PM

And let the coaching interviews begin at Elmhurst.

It's about time...