BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_b

Congratulations to all the players in the CCIW who earned All-Region honors!  It looks like seven of the eight programs has at least one representative: nine first-teamers, three on the second team, and seven on the third team.   

AUpitch104k

I would like to Congratulate Scott Evosevich, 2nd team All American pitcher. Congrats Scott you deserve it. You have had 4 great years at Carthage. See you Labor Day???

REDMENFAN

I'd also like to say Congratualtions to Scott Evosovich. An amazing 4 year run at Carthage, and what Augie Schmidt called the best 4 year pitcher and most consistent that he has ever coached.

Bluejay Blue

I would think Marshal from Franklin or Johnson from NP would be candidates. Time will tell.. Hopefully not to much time though.

REDMENFAN

Congratulations to Scott Evosovich, Jon Olson, Boe Baitinger, and Warren Even on being named to the All-North Region teams.

REDMENFAN

Seeing there really isn't much to talk about now, what do others think about how their favorite teams are looking for next year? Big players returning, key losses to graduation, etc. Also, if its rumored any big time transfers are coming in. (Carthage usually always gets a few) For Carthage, they lose Evosovich, Olson, Even, Simental, and Barker. Most of the position players and hitters are back (including a healthy Sadjak hopefully) and their pitching should still be solid

Gregory Sager

NPU only loses two seniors, #3 starter Brett Cooper and catcher Oscar Ibarra. The future looks very bright for the Vikings.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Bluejay Blue

Jays are losing a couple of seniors One pitcher one out fielder and good hitter. With new coach coming in players are excited and ready for change. We should know coach sometime next week.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Bluejay Blue on June 01, 2006, 08:30:14 PM
Jays are losing a couple of seniors One pitcher one out fielder and good hitter. With new coach coming in players are excited and ready for change. We should know coach sometime next week.

Well, he won't be Luke Johnson. One of Johnson's assistant coaches assured me this weekend that Johnson did not apply for the Elmhurst job, and that he is not leaving NPU.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Bluejay Blue

Time will tell who new coach will be. Only time!!

mr_b

Quote from: Bluejay Blue on June 06, 2006, 08:21:58 PM

Do you have that on good authority?

REDMENFAN

Just wanna say congratulations to Jarvis Brown on being named the head coach at UW-Parkside. It was made official on Monday afternoon. Jarvis leaves after being the hitting/outfield coach at Carthage the last 4 years, and has coached in single and double A. With his coaching background, and the fact that he played in the majors and has a world series ring from the 91 twins team, that should be a great recruiting tool for him to use.  Although its a blow to Carthage, I'm sure all coaches and players are happy for Coach Brown, I think he'll do great at the D-2 level.

ljt2006

Why is anyone concerned about head coach at Elmhurst, it seems to me that the adminstration doesn't give da** about baseball.  The field is a disgrace and you couldn't possibly have any tournament there; the lights are 1970's backyard equipment and there are no stands, people would have to stand around.  I for one wouldn't be happy to attend any institution that had no regard for maintain a facility.  what is funny is the football field has the latest turf, so I would assume that baseball is the orphan sport there at Elmhurst College.

Bluejay Blue

Quote from: Bluejay Blue on June 06, 2006, 08:21:58 PM
New coach for BlueJays Joel Southern

RedmenFB44

Hey there CCIW baseball fans. It's been a while but I'm back. I started this post pattern because I have been a big fan of CCIW baseball. I believe that it is one of, if not the most, competitive conferences in all of D-III sports.

I know it is a ways from baseball season but I have always been a great fan of all of baseball. Since we are about 3-4 months away from our CCIW teams breaking out of their winter shell, does anyone know if any CCIW baseball players that have moved on to the next level? Rookie League, Single A, Double A, Triple A, maybe even the Majors?
It's REDMEN not RED MEN