BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: REDMENFAN on October 31, 2006, 11:02:45 AM
Well, I would say NCC has the nicest place to play at in the conference, along with Augie's new facility. All the goose greese in Carthage's outfield can get pretty annoying!!

It's part of the strategy... even the geese are Carthage fans! Carthage players get used to and do not let it bother them... the other outfielders freak out when playing at Carthage.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

REDMENFAN

It drives Augie absolutely nuts being out there 4-5 hours before game time with a bucket and a shovel!!  I'll admit though, the Carthage outfielders do pretty much get used to it.

REDMENFAN

RedmenFB44: YOU ARE THE MAN. You going to be in naperville this Saturday?

RedmenFB44

Quote from: REDMENFAN on November 08, 2006, 12:45:03 PM
RedmenFB44: YOU ARE THE MAN. You going to be in naperville this Saturday?

REDMENFAN -

I'm thinking about going to the game this Saturday and if I do i'll give you a call. If I don't then I will see you soon, I hope! + Karma for you because you are my BOY BLUE!
It's REDMEN not RED MEN

REDMENFAN

Along with their annual spring trip to Flordia, I found out a few days ago that Carthage will drive to Minneapolis as well to play a few games in the Dome.  Too bad Jarvis Brown wasn't still coaching there, he could have been in the building where he won a world series!  BP- not happy Robin Yount decided not to return. Cubs are wheeling and dealing out the cash, you think the Brew Crew will make any big moves this off season?

BigPoppa

Quote from: REDMENFAN on November 20, 2006, 03:38:42 PM
Along with their annual spring trip to Flordia, I found out a few days ago that Carthage will drive to Minneapolis as well to play a few games in the Dome.  Too bad Jarvis Brown wasn't still coaching there, he could have been in the building where he won a world series!  BP- not happy Robin Yount decided not to return. Cubs are wheeling and dealing out the cash, you think the Brew Crew will make any big moves this off season?

Playing in the Metro Dome will be a great experience for the Redmen(one word). I wish Yount would return, but I guess he got sick of being better than most guys on the field.

The Cubbies are going crazy with money, but they still have not addressed their pitching troubles. Soriano could hit a ton of HRs at Wrigley. The Brewers best off-season move may be to sign Teddy Higuera to a one year contract to see if he can help their bullpen woes.

REDMENFAN

I agree, anyone who's ever gone to Carthage before 2006, it will always be one word. 

BigPoppa

Quote from: REDMENFAN on November 21, 2006, 11:07:53 AM
I agree, anyone who's ever gone to Carthage before 2006, it will always be one word. 

Does President Campbell still roll out the red blazer for home games????

REDMENFAN

Yes!! And I'm sure he'll be wearing them to the basketball games to this year

Captain Morgan

Poppa-
Good to have you back. I heard that you were going to move back to the Midwest to take a college coaching job. Any truth to that?

BigPoppa

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 21, 2006, 02:33:58 PM
Poppa-
Good to have you back. I heard that you were going to move back to the Midwest to take a college coaching job. Any truth to that?

A bit of truth. I was contacted by a few programs about open jobs, but I had no interest. I have a great gig in SoCal right now at the high school level. Teaching in a great school district with baseball every day.

Nobody knows how to prep a wet field here because it never rains! My program does not even own a single bag of diamond dry.

Anybody need some solid players for next year?? I have a few still looking as most of my seniors have signed already.

mr_b

Quote from: BigPoppa on November 21, 2006, 02:39:15 PM
Anybody need some solid players for next year?? I have a few still looking as most of my seniors have signed already.

Send'em back to the Midwest!  We'd be happy to have them.  Just tell them what to expect in terms of weather.

Gregory Sager

You can always spot the new students from California on the NPU campus in January. The look of bewilderment and despair on their faces as they experience their first Chicago winter is absolutely priceless.

Of course, at the same time the new kids from Minnesota keep asking people, "So ... when does it turn cold around here?"  :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

MakemK

BigPoppa

I'd greatly appreciate info on the kids that you have that have not signed yet.  please email me leftie31@comcast.net 

BigPoppa

Quote from: MakemK on November 22, 2006, 12:15:29 PM
BigPoppa

I'd greatly appreciate info on the kids that you have that have not signed yet.  please email me leftie31@comcast.net 

Just sent you an email... let me know if I can help in any way.