BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knarocky22

He left IWU, not Augie.

REDMENFAN

I'm right with ya FB44. Its always a great time to relax (in hopefully some pleasant weather, definitely not always the case at Carthage Home games during March and April) and listen to what Augie will have to say next from the dugout....oh yeah and consume a few beverages as well!!

BigPoppa

"Who is going to win the CCIW this season?
North Central   1 (6.3%)
Augustana   2 (12.5%)
Carthage   7 (43.8%)
North Park   2 (12.5%)
Wheaton   3 (18.8%)
Millikin   0 (0%)
Illinois Wesleyan   0 (0%)
Elmhurst   1 (6.3%)

Total Voters: 16"

How did Wheaton get more votes than Illinois Wesleyan?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

knarocky22

More Wheaton fans/parents/players visiting the site?

yank52

1st post!!!!!!

I am wondering how the CCIW will fare against the Northern Athletic Conf. (Aurora, Rockford,etc....)?

Just think by Tuesday it will be above 32 and we will all be wearing shorts!!!
Sit tight, hold down the fort and keep the home fires burning. If we're not back by dawn... call the president.

knarocky22

The CCIW usually fares very well against everyone in the conference except Aurora it seems.  Last year Augie choked away a lead against Rockford and lost, but usually handles Concordia and Dominican fairly easily.  Don't know much about the NAC this year though.

BigPoppa

Aurora is the only team in that conference that could compete yearly in the top half of the CCIW.

They should run away with that title this year.

REDMENFAN

I agree, Aurora should win the conference no problem year in and year out as long as they keep recruiting quality players. Some pretty average at best teams in that conference.

Gotberg

Sage or anyone else that might know NPU athletics,

Is Shelby Wood still attending NPU?  I was surprised not to see him on the baseball roster considering he was an all-state performer in Michigan.

http://www.northpark.edu/baseball/2007/Players.cfm
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

mr_b

Quote from: Gotberg on February 19, 2007, 07:45:40 PM
Sage or anyone else that might know NPU athletics,

Is Shelby Wood still attending NPU?  I was surprised not to see him on the baseball roster considering he was an all-state performer in Michigan.

http://www.northpark.edu/baseball/2007/Players.cfm

As far as I know, he's still at North Park.  He was a three-sport athlete in high school (football, basketball, and baseball), but he must have decided to concentrate on football only at NPU. 

mr_b

Quote from: knarocky22 on February 15, 2007, 03:12:23 PM
The CCIW usually fares very well against everyone in the conference except Aurora it seems.  Last year Augie choked away a lead against Rockford and lost, but usually handles Concordia and Dominican fairly easily.  Don't know much about the NAC this year though.
I agree with knarocky and Big Poppa: the CCIW usually matches up very well against the former NIIC teams.  Last year North Park shut out Rockford 11-0 at the home field, were edged by Benedictine, lost to Dominican, beat Concordia, and got knocked around by Aurora.  The Spartans are a very deep squad and never seem to be short of pitching.  They would regularly battle it out for top dog of the CCIW.

REDMENFAN

Its nice to see that there's a D3 Baseball sight now as well.  For anyone interested, here's the link to the profiles of Carthage's returning players, as well as the new in coming freshman:
http://carthage.edu/athletics/index.cfm?page=325

BigPoppa

I think this could be the year the REDMEN return to the World Series. They are loaded with returners who battle to a CCIW title in a "down year" and had great experience in the NCAAs last year with a very young team.

REDMENFAN

BP I hope you're right. I look for Carthage to have solid pitching once again, but maybe no quite the stats the top 3 put up last year, along with Krepline and Livek. On the flip side, I look for them to also put up better offensive numbers as a team this year. Knowing Augie, I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing that one bit. I'd be willing to bed Augs would rather see  12-4 wins over a 3-1 wins any day of the week

Fawkes316

I'm not going to pick Wheaton to win the conference, but they have been showing steady improvement and I expect that will continue this season. Coach Elder has been there for awhile, there is stability, and better talent. They had a pretty decent season last year, and I expect it again this year.