BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwunder

I seriously doubt that Carthage and Elmhurst will be playing today.  10 hours of rain should have the field pretty well soaked.

BigPoppa

Quote from: mwunder on April 03, 2007, 09:35:22 AM
I seriously doubt that Carthage and Elmhurst will be playing today.  10 hours of rain should have the field pretty well soaked.

Carthage and Elmhurst has been postponed- TBA

I am guessing they may try to play tomorrow.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

yank52

North Park took 1st game 8 to 5 vs. Wheaton, heard about over the phone late this afternoon.
Sit tight, hold down the fort and keep the home fires burning. If we're not back by dawn... call the president.

augie28

Augustana and North Central Split Doubleheader
Game 1:  NCC 9 - Augie 1
Game 2: Augie 11 - NCC 9

As I mentioned earlier, it was a day full of young pitching for Augie...7 pitchers combined to give up 28 hits in the DH.  Not a good number against a NCC team hitting .275 on the year. 

Both pitching and offense struggled in game one.  Justin Rezzuto shut down Augie until NCC broke it loose in the 4th inning.

The offense showed up again in game two (becoming an all too common theme) and overcame the pitching woes.  Marc Blakeley went 3-5 with a double and his 7th HR.  Don Hansen and Myles Kurnick also both went 3-5 with a double. 

Augie is at North Park for 3 Friday/Saturday

augie28

All other games today postponed?

yank52

North Park took the 2nd game 12 to 2 after hearing via  phone that the score was 0 to 0 at the 5th inning mark.

that makes this series coming up versus Augustana very important in the CCIW.

North Park is 4 and 1 in the CCIW now
and it is great to see them at 9 and 9 for the season.
Sit tight, hold down the fort and keep the home fires burning. If we're not back by dawn... call the president.

mr_b

Quote from: yank52 on April 03, 2007, 09:12:20 PM
North Park took the 2nd game 12 to 2 after hearing via  phone that the score was 0 to 0 at the 5th inning mark.

that makes this series coming up versus Augustana very important in the CCIW.

North Park is 4 and 1 in the CCIW now
and it is great to see them at 9 and 9 for the season.

In game #2, North Park was up 2-0 after three (on a Nick Marino homer) and 3-0 after five.  They erupted for 6 in the sixth and put the game away with 3 in the 8th. 

The Vikings were up 5-0 after the first in game #1 and added three more in the 4th on Brady Josephson's three-run shot.  Wheaton scored once in the fifth and then put across four runs with two outs in the seventh. 

yank52

Thank you Mr B, for the correct scoring.  North Park is now 9 and 9 for the season, with a monumental task of facing Augustana this weekend in a 3 game series.
I have recently seen their number one facing Elmhurst, and truthfully I see North Park gaining ground on the top echelon. This year will the a defining point and the subsequent years to follow will surely be a tribute to the recruiting prowess of coach Johnson and the talent of local athletes that he brings to the city.

knarocky22

Right now I wouldn't quite call facing Augustana in a 3-game series as a monumental task.  The Vikings have already lost conference games to two teams expected to finish in the bottom 3 of the league.  If Augie expects to challenge for the CCIW championship, they better get things figured out, and quick.

yank52

Enough said, Augustana is cracking;I see the a loss to Elmhurst and a win at  11 to 9.

I like this, only because I like to see competition amongst the  teams of the CCIW
Funny I'm not one those who year after year see one or tow teams always dominating  a conference.

Go to the underdogs, Augustana has shown weakness and Carthage is no pushover but they can be beat.

robberki

Stopped by the ol' Holmgren athletic complex to check out some NPU baseball today. I admit being a huge baseball ignoramus but the fellas looked good. Anytime we can smack around Wheaton in anything, I'm all for it.
Luke, Steve, and the other coaches seem to really be putting something nice together at Foster&Kedzie. I hope they choose to stick around for a while.

bball7811

IWU is young, but very fast and talented and will definitely be near the top in the final week of CCIW play.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: robberki on April 03, 2007, 11:37:21 PM
Stopped by the ol' Holmgren athletic complex to check out some NPU baseball today. I admit being a huge baseball ignoramus but the fellas looked good. Anytime we can smack around Wheaton in anything, I'm all for it.
Luke, Steve, and the other coaches seem to really be putting something nice together at Foster&Kedzie. I hope they choose to stick around for a while.

I didn't go to today's doubleheader because I've been super-busy lately, plus I was sure it was going to rain all afternoon. But I'm sorry I missed it, 'cause, as Rob says, anytime NPU can smack Wheaton around in anything it does my heart good. And it was particularly gratifying to see Kevin Polka go the distance for North Park and pick up the win in the nightcap while only surrendering two runs, since he appears to be the Vikings starter who has struggled the most thus far this season.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

BigPoppa

Carthage and Elmhurst have been rescheduled for April 10th.

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

augie_superfan

Does anyone know why Kuntz from Augustana hasn't been pitching since their Florida trip?