MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT:

Joe Kennell, 5'11" PG from Metamora HS. 15.2 ppg, 5.0 apg. 54.5 FG%. IBCA Special Mention All-State.

iwu70

Guys, thanks for all the info on the new CCIW recruits. 

IWU70

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT:

Jaymeson Moten a 5'11" 175 pound guard is transferring to North Central from D2 Minnesota State.
Over the past 2 seasons Jaymeson appeared in 56 games for the Mavericks, averaging 2.9 ppg on 41.2% shooting overall, and 42.3% from beyond the arc.  He was the MVP of the 2012 Minnesota State HS Class AA championship game.

Titan Q

Titan Q

Augustana
* Jordan Hathorn, 5-9 PG (Maynard Evans H.S., FL, 2011) - 12 ppg
* Joe Ranallo, 6-0 PG/SG (Conant H.S.) - 16 ppg, 5 apg
* Brandon Schattner, 6-1 PG/SG (Wilmot Union H.S., WI) - 16.4 ppg, 3.5 apg
* Dylan Sortillo, 6-2 PG/SG (Bettendorf H.S., IA) - 12.1 ppg
* Tanner Logan, 6-8 F/C (Moline H.S.) - 5.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg

Carthage
* Brad Kruse, 6-4 SG (Lake Zurich H.S.) - 12 ppg, 6 rpg

Elmhurst
* Brandon Auker, 6-0 PG (Evansville Memorial H.S.) - 12.2 ppg, 4.5 apg, 2.4 rpg
* Matt Brachman, 6-3 SF/PF (Montini Catholic H.S.) - 17.1 ppg, 8.9 rpg
* Mitch McLaughlin, 6-2 G (Xaver H.S., IA/transfer from D1 Drake U, will be JR) - 1 min per game in 2013-14
* Morton Mueller, 6-9 F/C (Cologne, Germany)
* Chris Parrilli, 6-2 SG (Geneva H.S.) - 11.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.1 apg
* Michael Plunk, 6-4 PG/SG (Blue Ridge H.S.) - 18.7 ppg, 5.0 apg
* Brandon Schwebke, 6-3 F (Belvedere North H.S./transfer from Rock Valley JC, will be SO) - 16.4 ppg, 8.4 rpg at Rock Valley JC in 2012-13

Illinois Wesleyan
* Jaylen Beasley, 6-6 SF (Bloomington H.S.) - 15.0 ppg, 11.2 rpg
* John Carroll, 6-5 G/F (Ottawa H.S.) - 20.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.7 apg
* Kevin Connelly, 6-5 SG (Nazareth Academy) - 11.4 ppg, 6.8 rpg
* Corey Dullard, 6-4 G/F (Morton H.S.) - 17 ppg, 5 rpg, 84% FT
* Drew Jones, 6-5 PF (Larkin H.S.) - 11.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.9 apg
* Isaac Roethemeyer, 6-7 F/C (Edinburg H.S.) - 18.5 ppg, 11.2 rpg
* Brady Rose, 6-2 PG/SG (Bloomington H.S.) - 16.7 ppg, 3.3 apg, 82 3-pointers
* Derrick Streety, 5-10 PG (Larkin H.S.) - 10.5 ppg, 2.7 apg

Millikin
* Garrett Anderson, 5-11 G (Fort Zumwalt South H.S., MO) - 2.6 ppg
* Nathan Biggs, 6-6 F (Parkway Central H.S., MO) - 15.9 ppg, 6.7 rpg
* D.J. Heinrichs, 6-5 G (Franklin Central H.S., IN) - 4.1 ppg, 2.0 apg
* Nick Novak, 6-1 SG (Plainfield East H.S.)
* Chase Smith, 6-2 G (Mooresville H.S., IN)
* Brent Schluter, 6-4 G/F (St. Joseph-Ogden H.S.)
* T.J. Sims, 5-10 PG (Bloomington H.S.) - 14.6 ppg
* Donte Stephenson, 5-9 PG (Notre Dame Prep '13)

North Central
* Cam Cook, 5-10 PG (Geneva H.S.)
* Corey Friel, 6-0 G (Marmion H.S.)
* Jeremy Ireland, 6-5 F (Fenwick H.S.)
* Joe Kennell, 5-11 PG (Metamora H.S.) - 15.2 ppg, 5.0 apg. 54.5 FG%
* Jaymeson Moten, 5-11 PG (transfer from D2 Minnesota State, will be JR) - 2.6 ppg, 1.0 rpg in 2013-14
* Charlie Rosenberg, 6-6 PF (transfer from D2 Minnesota State, will be SR) - 4.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg at North Central in 2012-13
* Hayden Witt, 6-5 SF (Lincoln-Way West H.S.) - 21.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.1 apg

North Park
* Drago Azanjac, 6-0 PG (Loyola Academy)
* Colin Lake, 5-7 PG (Whiteford H.S., MI) - 31.8 ppg
* Grant Sinn, 6-2 SG (Canterbury H.S., IN) - 13 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg
* Drew Swanson, 6-5 G/F (Clarkston H.S., MI)

Wheaton
* Mark Champion, 6-7 SF (Hargrave Military Academy, VA/Lambert H.S., GA)
* Murad Dillard, 6-5 G/F (Decatur H.S., GA)
* Ricky Samuelson, 6-3 SG (New Trier H.S.)
* Trevor Shipes, 6-6 PF (Lambert H.S., GA) - 11.7 ppg, 10.8 rpg
* Caleb Sprenger, 6-5 SF/PF (Edina H.S., MN)
* Eric Weimar, 6-1 SG (Hill-Murray H.S., MN) - 15.3 ppg

iwu70

izzy stradlin

Wheaton's class announced:

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2014/5/22/MBB_0522141332.aspx

A much larger class than normal for Wheaton.   The shotgun approach-- should lead to a few hits.

Gregory Sager

"It is always my desire to recruit big guards ..." I love the implication that Mike Schauer would not have recruited Mike Schauer. ;) :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

petemcb

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 29, 2014, 12:23:38 AM
"It is always my desire to recruit big guards ..." I love the implication that Mike Schauer would not have recruited Mike Schauer. ;) :D

Maybe he sees himself as a "versatile forward"...... ;D

Mr. Ypsi

We are now the Central Region, with the WIAC replacing the HCAC.  SHEESH!  What a power region!  (The SLIAC, NathCon, and MWC are the other conferences, plus Chicago and WashU.)  How many Regional ranking slots will we get, and will anyone but CCIW, WIAC and WashU (and occasionally UChi) get ranked?  (I'll guess that the other three conferences will usually combine for one team in the rankings.)

I'd say that usually the only regions that deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence are the West (MIAC and NWC, with occasionally a break-out team from the SCIAC), the South (ODAC and often the ASC, plus a scattering of other teams), and the Northeast (NESCAC and often the NEWMAC).  But I'd say it will be a very rare occurrence that any region is actually stronger than the Central.

Come to think of it, the Great Lakes is right up there in bball, with Wooster, Witt, Hope, Calvin, and the top of the OAC and HCAC; and fball with UMU, Wabash, Witt, Franklin, and the occasional upstart.

hopefan

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 29, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
We are now the Central Region, with the WIAC replacing the HCAC.   will anyone but CCIW, WIAC and WashU (and occasionally UChi) get ranked?  (I'll guess that the other three conferences will usually combine for one team in the rankings.)

YPSI, Thanks for the great incentive for the rest of us... but I must admit your 'guess' is discouraging realistic.... ;D ;D ;D
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 29, 2014, 12:23:38 AM

Wheaton goes big and Augustana small. A new era in CCIW basketball or just a temporary blip on the radar?  :-\   :o

sac

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 29, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
We are now the Central Region, with the WIAC replacing the HCAC.  SHEESH!  What a power region!  (The SLIAC, NathCon, and MWC are the other conferences, plus Chicago and WashU.)  How many Regional ranking slots will we get, and will anyone but CCIW, WIAC and WashU (and occasionally UChi) get ranked?  (I'll guess that the other three conferences will usually combine for one team in the rankings.)

I'd say that usually the only regions that deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence are the West (MIAC and NWC, with occasionally a break-out team from the SCIAC), the South (ODAC and often the ASC, plus a scattering of other teams), and the Northeast (NESCAC and often the NEWMAC).  But I'd say it will be a very rare occurrence that any region is actually stronger than the Central.

Come to think of it, the Great Lakes is right up there in bball, with Wooster, Witt, Hope, Calvin, and the top of the OAC and HCAC; and fball with UMU, Wabash, Witt, Franklin, and the occasional upstart.

Until UW-Superior joins the UMAC, you lose 10 teams and gain 9, I don't think the number of ranking slots will change.

Titan Q