WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwu70

Sorry, Pat, just don't get it on Zeller over McMahon.  Look at head to head games, Titans win all three and McMahon significantly out-performs Zeller in those games as well.  I could easily make a case for Baltes over Zeller for first team too.  Truly strange, not right.  I respect the voters' rights to vote for whoever they wish, but this is a mistake.  IMHO. 

Oh well, it is what it is.  I just feel bad that the very strong, superb overall resume, scoring leader in the CCIW is not getting her due on the regional first team. 

IWU70

iwu70

Carthage finishes ranked #8 in the final D3hoops poll.  Congrats to them on a great season.

IWU70

iwu70

IWU recruit, Rebekah Ehresman named Pantagraph Area Player of the Year, for the second straight year.  See pgraph article today -- March 31 -- for details.  Looks like a great recruit, also first team All-Area.  IWU recruit Molly McGraw of Central Catholic also named to the All-Area first team.  A good start on the IWU rebuild.   Of course, no one knows how good these players will be at the college, CCIW level, but they sure look pretty good to me.  Great high school careers, high caliber students.  More recruits coming no doubt. 

Time for the recruiting news to come in -- in the next 3-4 weeks.  Good luck to Coach Smith in getting the recruits she's after and bring the IWU program back to a CCIW championship in coming years. 

IWU70

iwu70

"All In for Wesleyan" today -- April 2nd -- give 'til it hurts.  Thanks Titans!

IWU70

iwu70

Thanks to all those Titans and friends of IWU who donated to the "All In for IWU" effort today.  A great job.

We raised a lot -- perhaps as much as 750K, with perhaps as many as 1800 donors.  We'll see the final tallies in the days to come.  Not bad for a day's work.

Thanks to all the creative development guys at IWU for all their good work on this -- you know who you are!

Go TITANS!

On to baseball/softball and golf now.  Oh yeah, lacrosse too. 

IWU70
mls

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Naperick

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: iwu70 on April 03, 2014, 01:32:48 AM
Thanks to all those Titans and friends of IWU who donated $US to the "All In for IWU" effort today. 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

iwu70

Any further word on new recruits?  Esp. newbies for the IWU program? 

Happy Summer to all!

IWU'70

Titan Q

IWU has 3 recruits coming that I am aware of - all seem to be very good.

* Alex Norville, 6-2 F/C (Taylorville H.S.) - 11.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg

* Molly McGraw, 5-8 G/F (Bloomington Central Catholic) - 19.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.1 spg

* Rebekah Ehresman, 5-6 PG (El Paso-Gridley H.S.) - 19.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 4.6 apg, 4.5 spg

Ehresman is the headliner.  I've heard she is outstanding.

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20140401/Sports/140409852

Titan Q

Article about the IBCA 1A/2A game where a couple of IWU's recruits were playing...

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/schlipf-earns-mvp-as-north-wins-ibca-a--a/article_a3075344-0b1b-52d7-ab0a-dab87a223e4f.html

With IWU's roster in transition, it sounds like Ehresman and McGraw both have a chance to start as FR.

iwu70

Mia Smith has now posted the 2014-15 Titans roster.  A very young squad, likely in the midst of a rebuilding year after losing so much senior talent to graduation.  Squad has 18 members so far with 10 sophomores, 4 freshmen, 2 juniors, and 2 seniors (K. Reaber and E. Beoletto). 

If I were guessing, I'd think K. Reaber and sophomore Gabrielle Holness are almost assured to start.  Perhaps Beoletto too.  After that, it's all very competitive and uncertain.  Titans need a new PG for sure and are a team that is very vertically challenged with very little size and, seemingly, rebounding strength.  Likely that "run and jump" and a speed and pressure game are again in the future of this squad and Titan opponents.  This squad will have to find some shooters and scorers.  As Q indicated earlier, surely looks like highly touted freshmen, Ehresman and McGraw, have a great chance for major minutes, even starting spots.  Perhaps too 6"1' freshman Alex Norville in the post area.  We'll see in about 6 weeks or so. 

Full roster now posted on the IWU women's basketball page.

IWU70