The Undefeated and the Winless

Started by Greek Tragedy, November 16, 2005, 02:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Thought I'd start an official survivor pool this year.  I remember someone having a pseudo pool last year that also involved who would be the last team to win a game, let alone lose a game.

So, here it is.  The rules are simple.  Pick a team that you think will be the last team to lose a game, any game, against any opponent, in any division, even NAIA.  A loss is a loss is a loss (excluding exibitions).  If need be, this will, of course, go into the post season.

I guess that's the only rule of this pool.  Any questions? 

Feel free to post your team and I'll try to keep track of everything...hopefully some posters will help me with who loses.  If you want to post a team that you think will be the last to WIN a game, feel free, but someone else can keep track of that!  ;D

OBVIOUSLY ALL PICKS ARE DUE BY THE FIRST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON, WHICH, I BELIEVE, IS FRIDAY.   

Any help is appreciated.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

Once again, I will start tracking both ends of the spectrum this year in mid December when the respective pools become a manageable size.  Will use this room to post updates - thanks OS
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

ColonelJohn4Life

I'll grab Final Four participant York.  Maybe it was an accident.  I'll bet that it wasn't.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

smedindy

David Collinge

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'll go out on a limb with Mississippi College.

IWU would be the obvious pick and someone already snatched them up.  I like Puget Sound and Hanover as alternatives, but both play IWU this year pretty early on, so that seems risky.  Fisk is a bit scary for MC, but hey, there's no money on this... right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

You can pick a team that's already been selected.  It's not a draft.  ::)

There's no money on it.  But maybe someone can throw in two final four tickets for the winner...ummm.   ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

joe smith

I'll also select Bethany College, WV.  They get past their first 2 tournys and NAIA Wheeling Jesuit then they'll be cruising.

Coach C

joe smith

Correction d2 Wheeling Jesuit.  They have 2 tough tourneys in Adrian and perhaps a championship game with CMU at the CMU tourny.  Then go to d2 Wheeling Jesuit who made it to the conference championship last year.  After that they should win everything.  Maybe not a great pick to stay unbeaten but i'll stay with them anyway.

titanfan

I'll take Amherst.  Their schedule doesn't look too bad early on.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'm not sold on Amherst for some reason I can't explain, but if they can get by Springfield you probably have a winner there.

I'm still jumping the MC bandwagon... maybe I can contact the SID and convince him to lie if they lose.  They are so far away from everybody else, we might not notice.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: smedindy on November 16, 2005, 09:15:01 AM
I'll pick Illinois Wesleyan.

Careful, Smed, they have one helluva non-conference schedule, then a round-robin in the CCIW - getting a defeat early would NOT be a surprise. 

On the other hand, they hung right with d1 national runner-up Illinois 'til their big men fouled out - IF they had had Cory Jones (their BEST big man, who should be healthy within a few weeks) and IF they had shot FTs as they normally do (instead of missing almost 50%), that game might have gone to the wire!

I think they have about a 10% chance of a PERFECT season (including post-season) - so I'll join your pick!  (But before I fully share it, which one of us is an IWU grad? ;D)

John Gleich

UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich