FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NESCACFball24/7, lumbercat and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

LochNescac

lumbercat

Quote from: Johnny Eph on March 22, 2023, 01:26:07 PM
Damn I did not mean to start a whole thing. I actually had to post because I am supposed to be "gathering information " for another "game" that has been going on for what seems like an eternity and against "unknown competition". The only way I could rule out HC Raymond was to give a bit of an elbow but I was just joshin' and it was not meant to be taken seriously.

I actually have heard he is a pretty good HC. Still 2023 will be a big year for Williams. FWIW I think I did actually learn something. I apologize and will delete the post.

As far as sideline demeanor I went to a couple home  games last year and Raymond seemed pretty calm as far as I can tell. I have heard around town that his players like him and respect him and have seen that first hand.

Are you a recruit ?

Ephmen

Quote from: lumbercat on March 21, 2023, 09:59:12 PM
Charlie-

Typically after a 9-0 championship season there is need for restructuring especially at NESCAC venues other than Trinity.

I've observed Raymond and his sideline demeanor quite a few times. In 2021 I spent most of the game at Bates 25 feet from the Williams bench. I saw no trace of anything like the "abuse" you are alleging. To the contrary I remember thinking how organized, controlled and calm the Willaims team and staff were.
I also wandered about this year in Willytown and saw nothing abusive, no berating of players.

"A HIGH RANKING TRINITY OFFICIAL was on the Williams sideline"....... I doubt it.

I also know players and coaches from Raymond's stint at St Lawrence, that's never been his MO. If he's abusing players it's new to me.

Over the years I've watched many visiting coaches and their sideline demeanor at Garcelon Field with provides great proximity to the field. You can literally stand 25 feet from the visitors bench. You learn quite a bit about NESCAC programs, cultures and coaches watching things close up in a game situation.

No one is tougher on players and staff than Devanney but the most torqued up guy on game day is Hammer at Bowdoin, over the top.

At the end of the day Coaches do yell and push players hard but I don't buy allegations of abusive behavior at Williams by Raymond.

Same here -- I actually joined after lurking specifically to respond to that post.

I was not at the game at Trinity.  But I've been to at least a couple dozen Williams games during Raymond's tenure and even more practices, and I've never witnessed that kind of behavior from him or any of his assistants.

lumbercat

Thanks Ephman. Just as I thought.

So, Johnny Eph is an admitted hoax as a false poster putting up false information about Coach Raymond....... but this information again establishes Charlie as the confirmed master of phoney posts jumping on board with the fabricated Williams post. Charlie is the undisputed king of Bulls***t here, no question.

BigKat

Amen Lumber Cougar.....he loves stirring the pot with erroneous info. in season is even more comical.

lumbercat

I know several recruits and HS coaches who look at this board to get a feel for the conference only to see false posts which could influence perceptions and decisions. Thats the part that is most irksome. Welcome to the world of social media I guess.

Scoops

24/7 I stand corrected on the Tufts incoming class. Certainly impressed with a handful of players. Really impressed with their skill position players. Their linemen are a little bit below their usual standard the last few years based off tape. In particular their defensive line.

I think the OL from Darien is an absolute steal. How did an Ivy not take a shot at him? Also, they look to have a few very athletic linebackers coming in. Already mentioned Batiste, but Walter, Gravel and Terrell look like real guys. Like their TEs as well. Watched the Fitzgerald kid play live, and he's very athletic. Could be a flexed out WR if they wanted to. The GA kid looks like the kind of kid Williams has typically brought in at TE. Really good blocker. The RBs look like tough solid NESCAC kids, but not game breakers. The QB looks fine. I'm sure they're not relying on him to be anything until Berluti graduates. Which is plenty of time to find a real replacement. Overall though, I'm happy to see they managed to pull it together in the class.

Quote from: NESCACFball24/7 on March 22, 2023, 03:20:04 PM
Tufts class so far(missing a few, was told they are bringing in 25-30 kids):
Only 2 Mass kids.
James Thom-OL - Darien (CT)
Harry Lynch - DL - Lawrenceville (NJ)
Aidan Heaney- RB- Old Tappan(NJ)
Ty Richardson-DB- Menlo school(CA)
Noah Gravel- LB- Baylor School(TN)
Lloyd Walter-LB/S- Aragon(CA)
Alan Young- DB- Montgomery Bell(TN)
Matt Greco-WR- Marin Catholic(CA)
Markeis Batiste- OLB- Madison Prep(LA)
Justin Keller-QB-Ridgefield(CT)
Christian Shapiro-RB- John Jay(NY)
Eli Mcelwaney-TE-Buford(GA)
Oliver Evans-DB-Cardinal Gibbons(NC)
Justin Slabaugh-DL-Delbarton(NJ)
Johnny Ferrelli- LB Berkley Prep (FL)
Parker Scott-OLB-Zachary(LA)
Rohan Terrell-ATH-Bunnell(CT)
Riley Yaker-OLB-Lakeridge(OR)
Ian Miller-OL-Williston(VA)
Charlie Kremin-OL-Evanston(IL)
Will Astorino-LB-King Philip(MA)
Gabe Fitzgerald-TE-Brooks(MA)
Caden Lawlor-K-Seattle Prep(WA)

SpringSt7

I'm sure NSN had 3 cameras trained on Raymond and his staff the entire time.

LochNescac

Quote from: Scoops on March 24, 2023, 02:14:28 PM
24/7 I stand corrected on the Tufts incoming class. Certainly impressed with a handful of players. Really impressed with their skill position players. Their linemen are a little bit below their usual standard the last few years based off tape. In particular their defensive line.

I think the OL from Darien is an absolute steal. How did an Ivy not take a shot at him? Also, they look to have a few very athletic linebackers coming in. Already mentioned Batiste, but Walter, Gravel and Terrell look like real guys. Like their TEs as well. Watched the Fitzgerald kid play live, and he's very athletic. Could be a flexed out WR if they wanted to. The GA kid looks like the kind of kid Williams has typically brought in at TE. Really good blocker. The RBs look like tough solid NESCAC kids, but not game breakers. The QB looks fine. I'm sure they're not relying on him to be anything until Berluti graduates. Which is plenty of time to find a real replacement. Overall though, I'm happy to see they managed to pull it together in the class.

Quote from: NESCACFball24/7 on March 22, 2023, 03:20:04 PM
Tufts class so far(missing a few, was told they are bringing in 25-30 kids):
Only 2 Mass kids.
James Thom-OL - Darien (CT)
Harry Lynch - DL - Lawrenceville (NJ)
Aidan Heaney- RB- Old Tappan(NJ)
Ty Richardson-DB- Menlo school(CA)
Noah Gravel- LB- Baylor School(TN)
Lloyd Walter-LB/S- Aragon(CA)
Alan Young- DB- Montgomery Bell(TN)
Matt Greco-WR- Marin Catholic(CA)
Markeis Batiste- OLB- Madison Prep(LA)
Justin Keller-QB-Ridgefield(CT)
Christian Shapiro-RB- John Jay(NY)
Eli Mcelwaney-TE-Buford(GA)
Oliver Evans-DB-Cardinal Gibbons(NC)
Justin Slabaugh-DL-Delbarton(NJ)
Johnny Ferrelli- LB Berkley Prep (FL)
Parker Scott-OLB-Zachary(LA)
Rohan Terrell-ATH-Bunnell(CT)
Riley Yaker-OLB-Lakeridge(OR)
Ian Miller-OL-Williston(VA)
Charlie Kremin-OL-Evanston(IL)
Will Astorino-LB-King Philip(MA)
Gabe Fitzgerald-TE-Brooks(MA)
Caden Lawlor-K-Seattle Prep(WA)

Lotta LB's...interesting to see their "defensive focus" over the next couple seasons...will probably serve 'em well.

Offensive side had a pretty good recruiting class last year too!....should emerge in a season or two.

Looking forward to the fall & more close games throughout the league.  Last season was actually very entertaining & competitive!

NE Football Fan

Long time reader, first time poster... As a NE Football Alum, I read this board all the time and amazed by the insight, thanks so much for all your posts. Do I always agree? No. But I do appreciate the continued conversation about NESCAC football. One thing I have noticed that has not been reflected in all the recruiting talk, is the fact that Middlebury was able to get the class they have. HC Ritter announced his retirement before the season and by all means was out of the recruiting process and HC Mandigo was not named until much later after the season and more importantly, ED deadline. With all that uncertainty, its a wonder they got what they got. If you look around the league. Recruiting suffered a great deal the year of a HC transition and I don't think it did in this case.

Charlie

Quote from: Ephmen on March 23, 2023, 11:57:52 AM
Charlie-

Typically after a 9-0 championship season there is need for restructuring especially at NESCAC venues other than Trinity.

I've observed Raymond and his sideline demeanor quite a few times. In 2021 I spent most of the game at Bates 25 feet from the Williams bench. I saw no trace of anything like the "abuse" you are alleging. To the contrary I remember thinking how organized, controlled and calm the Willaims team and staff were.
I also wandered about this year in Willytown and saw nothing abusive, no berating of players.

"A HIGH RANKING TRINITY OFFICIAL was on the Williams sideline"....... I doubt it.

I also know players and coaches from Raymond's stint at St Lawrence, that's never been his MO. If he's abusing players it's new to me.

Over the years I've watched many visiting coaches and their sideline demeanor at Garcelon Field with provides great proximity to the field. You can literally stand 25 feet from the visitors bench. You learn quite a bit about NESCAC programs, cultures and coaches watching things close up in a game situation.

No one is tougher on players and staff than Devanney but the most torqued up guy on game day is Hammer at Bowdoin, over the top.

At the end of the day Coaches do yell and push players hard but I don't buy allegations of abusive behavior at Williams by Raymond.

Same here -- I actually joined after lurking specifically to respond to that post.

I was not at the game at Trinity.  But I've been to at least a couple dozen Williams games during Raymond's tenure and even more practices, and I've never witnessed that kind of behavior from him or any of his assistants.

For your information it was the AD director at Trinity who stated these facts !!

In addition easy to judge a Coach when winning. Better to judge when they are not and how team is handled and the current information of how players are treated are being conveyed is from actual players on the team

Charlie

Quote from: Ephmen on March 23, 2023, 11:57:52 AM
Charlie-

Let me be clear I do think he is a good HC I am not taking anything away from his success. I personally think kids need to be yelled at a little old school style. But we have seen how successful the staff is and last year was not and maybe staff became unravelled happens to everyone. I am curious to see how the team responds this year though.

Charlie

On an off topic.

I would think NESCAC football programs should do a better job of setting the players up academically in their first Semester at their respective Colleges. This year especially I have heard from many players at different programs who had to pick their classes based on their own research and some were put into real tough classes unknowingly.

I would think that as a freshman coming in many away from home for the first time would be more hand held. What I mean is that I think every freshman should in their first semester be given basic courses Math , English , Science and a somewhat easy elective. After all new environment , playing football  , meeting , lifts , why make it increasingly harder on them in their first semester. I love the fact that some of the colleges have mandatory study halls I think that part is great I think they all should have that for the players. Many if not all have Coaches are designated to making sure the students are keeping up in their classes. I think that is great aspect of the colleges as well.

I just think the first semester should be an acclimation time and then after the season in their next semester gear up the harder courses as they start to choose their academic career path.

The Mole

TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

nescac1

Wow, Wake Forest is big-time, very impressive!  And keeping it in the Little Three family, going to play for former Eph Dave Clawson ... NESCAC teams will certainly be happy not to be lining up across from Helbig next year ...