FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJU13

From what I recall, Gustavus had a fair amount of construction projects going on around their stadium as well.

SagatagSam

Quote from: SJU13 on September 30, 2022, 02:19:27 PM
From what I recall, Gustavus had a fair amount of construction projects going on around their stadium as well.

I don't know what the timeline is on any of this stuff (of it it has already happened), but as of June 2021 this was the vision for the Lund Center expansion:

https://youtu.be/1ybTQU92D70
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

corn horn

Glaring lack of banter regarding tomorrow's game in the pines. I'll throw a little corn to the rat pack and say Cobber defense shines and offense gets opportunistic. 20-18 Cobbers in a Homecoming spoiler.
If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

SagatagSam

Quote from: corn horn on September 30, 2022, 09:39:59 PM
Glaring lack of banter regarding tomorrow's game in the pines. I'll throw a little corn to the rat pack and say Cobber defense shines and offense gets opportunistic. 20-18 Cobbers in a Homecoming spoiler.

Corn horn with the super dog pick!

Ok, so you've said what the Cobbers will do, but how will they do it? Passing? Triple option? A defense that scores ten safeties?
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

corn horn

Quote from: SagatagSam on September 30, 2022, 10:16:48 PM

Ok, so you've said what the Cobbers will do, but how will they do it? Passing? Triple option? A defense that scores ten safeties?

Thanks for humoring me! No triple option.

TD 1 comes from a solid, eye-opening first quarter balanced drive that eats clock. Extra point fails, making it a bit bittersweet. Only good drive all day for the Cobbs.

TD 2 comes when Johnnie QB is hit while throwing, and ball lands in a linebackers hands for a pick 6. Extra point for 13.

TD 3: Johnnie calls for fair catch on a punt at their 10, but bobbles the ball as he takes 3-4 steps forward, dropping the ball as flags fly. Cobbers recover and have enough in the tank to punch it in on the short field. Extra point makes 20.

If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

Cowboy2

Quote from: corn horn on September 30, 2022, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: SagatagSam on September 30, 2022, 10:16:48 PM

Thanks for humoring me! No triple option.

TD 1 comes from a solid, eye-opening first quarter balanced drive that eats clock. Extra point fails, making it a bit bittersweet. Only good drive all day for the Cobbs.

TD 2 comes when Johnnie QB is hit while throwing, and ball lands in a linebackers hands for a pick 6. Extra point for 13.

TD 3: Johnnie calls for fair catch on a punt at their 10, but bobbles the ball as he takes 3-4 steps forward, dropping the ball as flags fly. Cobbers recover and have enough in the tank to punch it in on the short field. Extra point makes 20.

That's awesome +1!!!

bluenote

I don't think either of your top teams have much of a chance beyond the first round. I've seen you play... and you are very slow.

bleedpurple

Quote from: Bluenote on September 30, 2022, 11:46:47 PM
I don't think either of your top teams have much of a chance beyond the first round. I've seen you play... and you are very slow.

You calling anyone or anything slow is rich.

DuffMan

It's easy to look fast when your competition is intramural-level teams.  ::)

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

hazzben

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 01, 2022, 12:10:40 AM
Quote from: Bluenote on September 30, 2022, 11:46:47 PM

You calling anyone or anything slow is rich.

Bwahahahaha

Schipper Strong

Johnnie fans, thanks for Cooper Downs. He had limited playing time prior to today and might have wished he had stayed at St Johns. He came in today as 3rd QB with Central up 17-0 at Nebraska Wesleyan. 3rd qtr he got to start and threw 5 TD passes in the quarter becoming the first to break a Blaine Hawkins' record and tied a D3 record in the process. Guessing he will get his first start against Wartburg next Saturday.

faunch

38.5 average rushing per game is not going to cut it. Johnnies biggest issue is the o-line. Bad snaps and they are getting pushed around and not giving Syverson much time. He will be lucky to stay healthy the entire season. When Syverson has time he's very, very good. When pressured he makes mistakes.

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

repete

Quote from: faunch on October 01, 2022, 07:33:57 PM
38.5 average rushing per game is not going to cut it. Johnnies biggest issue is the o-line. Bad snaps and they are getting pushed around and not giving Syverson much time. He will be lucky to stay healthy the entire season. When Syverson has time he's very, very good. When pressured he makes mistakes.

Cobber punter was more valuable to SJU offense than the ground game.

bluenote

SJU has a pretty decent football team but their cheerleaders are kind of ugly.  :P :P :P