FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

One caveat about the UMHB D and the UWW game especially the final drive. The players responsible for those zones that were picked apart are the LBs, both of which were playing in their 2nd game as a starter. They didn't know how to call the position or adjust. They are not the same Sophomores. They cover those areas well. Trinity found success in the second half on the edges and some down field after the D dropped back some. In the first half the d looked like it was using Trinity's playbook. That little short zone hole will be there some, but no nearly as prominently as at the start of the year.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

CruFrenzy

I decided to create some spreads and totals for this weekends games, for fun!

Bethel @ UMHB (-3.5) over/under 61

Ithaca @ North Central (-16.5) over/under 54

Mount Union @ Delaware Valley (+9.5) over/under 57

Aurora @ Wartburg (+2.5) over/under 49

Probably would've made Aurora v Wartburg a tossup but Wartburg QB injury status is a big concern... Wartburg D is elite but will have to keep up to win that one & not sure if the starter will go or be 100%.
2016, 2018 & 2021 National Champions :)

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

retagent

Quote from: art76 on December 01, 2022, 09:02:37 AM
Nice article on Roste: https://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2022/jaran-roste-bethel-big-man-on-campus

Let's summarize. Good looking guy, who's smart, talented and does good things. I knew I hated him, but now I know why.

Ice Bear

Quote from: art76 on December 01, 2022, 09:02:37 AM
Nice article on Roste: https://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2022/jaran-roste-bethel-big-man-on-campus

Ice Bear says this is a great write up on what appears to be a very special guy on and off the field. Ice Bear says ****, his official man crush on Springfield's Chris Sharpe (08') may now be shifting over to Roste. Ice Bear sighs and says to himself, "how times ****ing change."
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Johns Knees

Anyone watch the in season Hard Knocks following the Arizona Cardinals? A former Johnnie QB from Melrose was on last week's episode eating grasshoppers with Cardinals lineman Will Hernandez in Mexico.

AO

Quote from: CruFrenzy on November 30, 2022, 07:46:23 PM

Wow are the Cru really feeling that unconfident?  I'd put it at 12.5.  Massey has it at 18.

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: Johns Knees on December 01, 2022, 11:10:17 AM
Anyone watch the in season Hard Knocks following the Arizona Cardinals? A former Johnnie QB from Melrose was on last week's episode eating grasshoppers with Cardinals lineman Will Hernandez in Mexico.

Ross Denne?

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

Johns Knees

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 01, 2022, 02:14:33 PM

Ross Denne?

Nah, he's from Avon.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: AO on December 01, 2022, 01:53:15 PM

Wow are the Cru really feeling that unconfident?  I'd put it at 12.5.  Massey has it at 18.

As a total MIAC and ASC outsider I'm thinking Hansen's Bethel +7.5 seems pretty reasonable.

GoldandBlueBU

I saw the same and thought the same...I'll be very happy if it's a close game, but would have guessed somewhere around 10.5.  I'm concerned with how BU will handle the athleticism.

CruFrenzy

Bethel will score, UMHB will score. Both of these offenses have real advantages vs the defenses in this game imo. The notable difference in this year's cru defense is a lack of pass rush compared to previous years.. that will be an issue vs Roste and this passing attack. I expect them to pick holes in the zone with quite a bit of success vs our zone D. In years past we had an edge rusher breathing down the QB's neck every single play just with our front 4 alone.. I think both offenses are capable of getting into the upper 20s maybe even 30s..

I do think UMHB still has the better defense capable of getting a few more stops but I know better than to expect a blowout.. although I wouldn't mind one  ;D

Masseyratings are fun to look at but not always up to date with the changes of the new season from year to year
2016, 2018 & 2021 National Champions :)

Redtooth

Quote from: Johns Knees on December 01, 2022, 02:52:15 PM
Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 01, 2022, 02:14:33 PM

Ross Denne?

Nah, he's from Avon.

The former SJU QB with a media following as good as anyone's........that also has befriended lots of NFL players....Tom Linnemann.  One of the best of all time....looks great and is on camera a fair amount in the episode.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says 5-2 in favor of UMHB on Quick Hits. Ice can't really argue with that as he admittedly favors UMHB here but feels somewhat lost in exactly what to expect in this great matchup. Ice hasn't watched much of the Cru this season but is acutely aware of their big play capability. Ice will have to stick to his guns here saying that the only real thought he can offer is quite general and  admittedly obvious. The Bear looks to the Bethel D to do enough to give Rockin Roste and Gobbling Up Yards Geebli enough space to orchestrate a W. Ice says it's going to be tough and he hopes the Guru is right calling this one a classic. Ice can't wait for this one and will also enjoy the fact that he'll be able to watch it fully clothed and not handcuffed to his fireplace. Ice is also hoping for no injuries on either side.

A long time fan of DIII Football!

emma17

Quote from: Ice Bear on December 02, 2022, 11:01:31 AM
Ice Bear says 5-2 in favor of UMHB on Quick Hits. Ice can't really argue with that as he admittedly favors UMHB here but feels somewhat lost in exactly what to expect in this great matchup. Ice hasn't watched much of the Cru this season but is acutely aware of their big play capability. Ice will have to stick to his guns here saying that the only real thought he can offer is quite general and  admittedly obvious. The Bear looks to the Bethel D to do enough to give Rockin Roste and Gobbling Up Yards Geebli enough space to orchestrate a W. Ice says it's going to be tough and he hopes the Guru is right calling this one a classic. Ice can't wait for this one and will also enjoy the fact that he'll be able to watch it fully clothed and not handcuffed to his fireplace. Ice is also hoping for no injuries on either side.

Bear, I'm thinking BU has given us reason to be optimistic they will beat UMHB. Part of the challenge with the Cru is getting passed the aura of invincibility. In the 2018 UWW at UMHB game, the Warhawks were psychically dominated and soundly beaten. When UWW had to play them again in 2019, it was hard to imagine (except for Bleedpurple) UWW having any real success. UWW completely turned the tables in that game and beat them just as physically and soundly. UMHB isn't a team of Supermen, they have to be beat in the mind and on the field.

BU averaged over 4 yards per carry vs Wheaton and Linfield on 84 carries combined, two good defenses. BU has a tough O Line. I'm with the 2 of 5 on this one.