FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazzben

Finding myself more and more intrigued by this Ithaca team. Best part of Bethel playing at Linfield is I get to watch games start to finish without having to log off after an hour. Hoping the Bombers can keep it rolling this weekend!

IC798891

Quote from: hazzben on November 21, 2022, 11:56:08 AM
Finding myself more and more intrigued by this Ithaca team. Best part of Bethel playing at Linfield is I get to watch games start to finish without having to log off after an hour. Hoping the Bombers can keep it rolling this weekend!

This is a really fun IC team to watch, especially on offense. Early on, it was a lot of WR screens in the flat, and the run game was a lot of the mesh point stuff you see, and they're just adding new wrinkles every week, and keeping things fresh.

This turned out, in a lot of ways, to be the season we *thought* we were getting in 2019 when they started 7-0.

One thing I loved is seeing the HS recruits at the game last Saturday. Those are those underrated things that grow a program. More chances for guys to see you — and be impressed by the results — is the kind of thing that can sway someone. And IC has the Yankee Stadium game — basically a 4-hour advertisement for the college that was broadcast on the YES Network — and an upgraded schedule as well. Big things seem to be on the horizon for the Bombers

Ice Bear

Ice Bear wishes all here on the mighty LLPP and their loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ice has enjoyed another very entertaining season here in his beloved Liberty League and enjoyed all of the great posts from the LLPP faithful. Ice is grateful for all of you.

Gobble ****ing Gobble...Let's Mother****ing Go Bombers!
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Caz Bombers

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 26, 2022, 12:15:53 PM
this is not going well

Mistakes like that are the only things that will kill the bombers.

Caz Bombers

It's going better now

That trick play Philly Special almost went wrong 3 different times

Caz Bombers

IAGDTBAMFB

Elite 8 let's goooooo

Jonny Utah

video feed froze of course on me with SC driving with 2:30 left.  Maybe the most frustrating experience I've had over the past 25 years.... >:(

Anyway when it unfroze IC had the ball.  Looks like they will be winning.

Not a pretty game and if Springfield didn't fumble all those times it is probably a different outcome.  And only one of those fumbles was your typical option style fumble.  Well I guess its good to make your mistakes in a game like this than next week.  Offense looked a little sloppy and that first pick 6 was very unlike Wingfield.  Hopefully this was just an option team running at their peak in week 12 and Ithaca can get it together.  Man those fullbacks were tough.  I don't think any of the slotbacks had any runs.  FB/QB combo was it. 

Love the option though damn.

IC798891

Quick thoughts:

This is a gutsy Bombers team that does not get fazed and plays better as the game goes on. They weren't razor sharp today, made some big mistakes... and turned a 10-point deficit into an 11-point win

XREDDRAGON77

Looks like a good match up next week! Can't believe I'm saying it, but good luck Bombers!
Taste It!

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says congrats to the Bombers on a big W today over a tough Springfield Pride team filled with athletes and a tough N/S triple option attack. Ice believes this Pride team came together and reached their peak this week. Ice expected IC to win by more but considering the way this Pride team has improved and really come into their own this was a tough well earned W. Ice says most really good teams don't always play mistake free football and that was true for both sides today. Ice says the better team won and is moving on. Congrats to Ice's second favorite out of conference team in Springfield on an incredible season and congrats to the Bombers on continuing their journey on what has been an amazing season that continues to make the LL faithful so incredibly proud!
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Jonny Utah

Well said Icebear...

JU is taking a little vacation with the family this weekend.  But when he gets back there will be some serious TOP discussion regarding this game.  Some very interesting stuff there....

Bartman

Congrats to Ithaca on a well played game against a very tough Springfield squad. Next week will be very interesting as Carnegie Mellon showed how to approach NCC to stretch the game and give them a chance against one the top teams in D3 . I'm sure the TOP analysis by JU will uncover some analytics for the next game ;)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

hazzben

Nice gutsy playoff win for Ithaca!

Bartman

If Delaware Valley gets a home game against Mt.Union, why doesn't Ithaca get a home game against NCC? All teams are undefeated and the Eastern teams have higher SOS, but evidently that is not the only factor. In 2016 Mount Union traveled to the Boz in the first round, when Mount Union had lost to John Carroll the week before and Hobart was also 9-1. Hobart lost , but had a lead in that game late in the third quarter with Shane Sweeney at QB. Good luck to Ithaca , you have a chance if your defense plays lights out and Wingate has the game of his life.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath