FB: Region 3 fan poll

Started by Pat Coleman, June 23, 2008, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks88

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 16, 2022, 06:58:17 PM
Man it is going to be a chilly day for football Saturday in Texas.  High of 46 and wet in San Antonio, about the same but drier in Belton.
Warmer than when we went to Belton in 2015.

Toby Taff

Man it is going to be a chilly day for football Saturday in Texas.  High of 46 and wet in San Antonio, about the same but drier in Belton.
Guess I'm wearing leggings under the kilt!

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 17, 2022, 06:46:28 AM
Worse game I remember weather wise was North Carolina Wesleyan coming to Belton in 2007, before Crusader Stadium with no cold weather gear. it was raining and sleeting with wind. Temps in the 40s. Those boys were suffering
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

tigerguy

I'd say this bodes better for HSU than Trinity, as Trinity hasn't placed a ton of emphasis on the run this year. Still expect it to be a great game though.

Hawks88

Worse game I remember weather wise was North Carolina Wesleyan coming to Belton in 2007, before Crusader Stadium with no cold weather gear. it was raining and sleeting with wind. Temps in the 40s. Those boys were suffering
[/quote]
Us the following year(2016) when we were sent to Wheaton. Similar weather but without the rain. The difference is in Belton at least you're in a bowl so the wind doesn't seem as bad. At Wheaton you're sitting on an open set of bleachers on a rise out in the wide open with every bit of that wind cutting through you. Sitting here shivering just thinking about it.

D3Navy

Quote from: tigerguy on November 17, 2022, 08:43:41 AM

I'd say this bodes better for HSU than Trinity, as Trinity hasn't placed a ton of emphasis on the run this year. Still expect it to be a great game though.

I'll take the glass half-full approach.  Trinity is among the very best in the country stopping the run.  If both teams struggle on the ground, then TU should have a passing advantage.

Gonna be a chilly day in the cold, metal bleachers.  But it'll be worth it to see playoff football in San Antonio!

crufootball

Quote from: Toby Taff on November 17, 2022, 08:41:07 AM
Guess I'm wearing leggings under the kilt!

I don't think I will ever sit through a worse game than that NCWC game, absolutely awful weather and the Bishops were not ready for the weather or the Cru. NCWC had 46 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE, went 2 for 16 passing with 2 interceptions and every time they ran back to the sidelines there was no jacket, blanket, heck even umbrella waiting on them.

Toby Taff

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 17, 2022, 08:54:48 AM

Us the following year(2016) when we were sent to Wheaton. Similar weather but without the rain. The difference is in Belton at least you're in a bowl so the wind doesn't seem as bad. At Wheaton you're sitting on an open set of bleachers on a rise out in the wide open with every bit of that wind cutting through you. Sitting here shivering just thinking about it.
[/quote]at Crusader stadium you're in a bowl. @ the Old Belton High School it is wide open to the elements with no shelter.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Etchglow

Quote from: Toby Taff on November 17, 2022, 10:33:01 AM
Quote from: Hawks88 on November 17, 2022, 08:54:48 AM

at Crusader stadium you're in a bowl. @ the Old Belton High School it is wide open to the elements with no shelter.
[/quote]

Coldest I've ever been was the 16 Stagg bowl lol. No rain thankfully but 19 at kickoff was more than I needed as a Texas boy...

Cowboy2

Two coldest playoff games I can remember is Trinity @ HSU in 2000. Ground was frozen. Fans were chanting "We Want Dusty." Trinity lost a close one on a non call PI/tackle In The end zone on the final play. I want to say that year or the next Wesley came to Trinity. And it was a drizzling rain. High 30s-low 40s. Field was saturated and turned into a mud bowl back before they installed new turf.

BSCpanthers

We are 2 weeks from playing games.  It's time to get the polls going again!!!

jknezek

Quote from: BSCpanthers on August 16, 2023, 05:41:49 PM

I have no interest in doing a preseason poll because it sets so much bias. However, I probably do need to start rounding up participants.

Hawks88

Quote from: jknezek on August 17, 2023, 09:27:06 PM
Quote from: BSCpanthers on August 16, 2023, 05:41:49 PM

I have no interest in doing a preseason poll because it sets so much bias. However, I probably do need to start rounding up participants.
Yeah, good chance I would just use the final one from last year for the preseason poll anyway. ;)

Count me in.

jknezek

Getting to be that time of year again. I am open to running the Region 3 Fan Poll again if we have enough interested pollsters. Of course anyone from last year is welcome again! Drop me a line if you are interested

Ralph Turner

BSCpanthers

Of course I'm in.  And like Hawks, I would also use the ending poll from last year for the preseason poll.  I would might put Trinity ahead of UMHB, but that will be decided on week 3.