Juniata 10-4
Scranton,Drew  9-5
Catholic  8-6
Susque 7-7
E-town  2-12
Goucher 0-14

You have Drew losing the remaining 2??

Rofrog

Nepafan if Mancuso can keep his temper down he would be a great player.I like Deverna (needs to shoot more)Mancuso nice player but some problems and it shows in games when he gets frustrated.

saratoga

NEPA:

I never said those kids were "duds', I said the season will end up a dud.

Big difference.

Let's look at his last 3 classes....

Junior class...1 player, plays every now & then. Got time when Mancuso was out.
Where is the rest of that class?

Soph. class...2 very good players as you've mentioned but 4 kids that sit the pine game after game.

Freshman class...4 kids, two of which may get a mopup minute every other game while the other two wait to hear their names called.

As I see it, not the most productive backfilling of kids coming in ready to play.
In fairness, one freshman player would have certainly contributed this season but a torn ACL ended that.

Just hoping that he brings in a talented class because of those returning, with the exception of those that currently start, they simply do not have any real in-game experience to their credit nor was there much of an apparent attempt at developing it throughout the year.

Matt Letourneau

If Jay Howard played for Scranton this Board will be lit up every game with updates and analysis...just sayin'.

I don't think there has been a more dominant offensive season by any player in Landmark history, and he's doing it while getting doubled all the time. 

Going to come down to the wire, should be an interesting week!

ronk

Quote from: guest323 on February 10, 2018, 10:16:49 PM
Quote from: ronk on February 10, 2018, 06:58:28 PM

With 2 games left in the season:

Drew,Moravian  9-3
Juniata  8-4
Scranton,Catholic  7-5
Susque  6-6
E-town  2-10
Goucher  0-12

Big games this coming week:

All are big since E-town doesn't play Goucher

my projected final standings would be:

Moravian 11-3
Juniata 10-4
Scranton,Drew  9-5
Catholic  8-6
Susque 7-7
E-town  2-12
Goucher 0-14

You have Drew losing the remaining 2??

Yes, on the road @ Moravian and Juniata.

guest323

Anyone have the playoff scenarios?

ronk

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 10, 2018, 11:29:57 PM
If Jay Howard played for Scranton this Board will be lit up every game with updates and analysis...just sayin'.

I don't think there has been a more dominant offensive season by any player in Landmark history, and he's doing it while getting doubled all the time. 

Going to come down to the wire, should be an interesting week!

Matt,
Good to hear from u now that another government shutdown has been averted.  ;)
I did say that Jay Howard was the most recent quality player to come into the conference as a way of describing the 3-year(and counting) drought that has befallen the Landmark.
Brendan Boken had comparable offensive stats to Howard; Howard wasn't doubled in either Scranton game; maybe, they should have instead of guarding Hartman.

ronk

Quote from: guest323 on February 11, 2018, 01:27:41 AM
Anyone have the playoff scenarios?

Too tough to analyze now with 2 games to go and the teams bunched; there will probably be ties with tie-breakers needed; I'll give it a shot after Wednesday's games are decided.

saratoga

Matt:

Regarding Jay Howard...an absolutely fantastic player.
Too bad there aren't more CUA fans on here any longer to discuss some of the things he's accomplished game in & game out.

Why he wasn't double teamed with Mancuso in front & Schank behind him to even make an entry pass to him difficult is something the Royal braintrust can think about for the next several months.

Just like in baseball when player X is killing your team & the winning run is on second and first base is open, you make someone else beat you.
If Howard then kicks it out & someone else drains a 20' jumper, tip your cap & move on.
However, leaving him get a pass in that low one on one...goodnight & travel home safely.

NEPAFAN

Toga. That's what happens when I post DRUNK lol. I don't mind Mancusos emotion wish they were all that fired up.

I think Geneasivch might work out..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Scenarios where the Royals would make the conference playoffs:

win final 2 games AND:

Drew loses 2 OR Juniata loses 2 OR Catholic loses at least 1 OR Moravian loses 2 (with Drew being 1st seed)

OR

win 1

AND Catholic loses 2(with Drew being the 1st seed)

OR Susquehanna is the 1 win

saratoga

Ronk:

Or....the Royals can think of all the lackluster, turnover prone, lack of production games played with no emotion & send the uniforms out for dry-cleaning.

NEPA:

Fully understand, been there/done that.  ;)
I also agree on Mancuso...wish some of that raw emotion rubbed off on his teammates.
He needs to channel it a bit more productively & leave brick walls alone & once he masters that, he'll be fine.
If he doesn't, he'll be known as the kid with a temper that never quite figured it out.
I'd suggest a long chat with zen master Bessior and a few yoga classes & he'll be in a much better place.

Rofrog

Ronk:I don't see Scranton winning two especially at Susquehanna.Frankie l would have no problem being the spoiler.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi