FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art76 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr.MIAC

A little off-topic, but are there any guitar players with experience modifying pickups on this forum? I received a new guitar for Christmas and it has naked humbuckers. I'm thinking about adding pickup covers, but there's a concern that it might alter the tone. Anyone?

MadRedFan

Calling Johnnie scheduling department . . . .

QuoteGeorge Fox (D-III – OR): George Fox is looking to fill 1 of the following dates for the 2019 season with a DIII opponent: September 14/ September 28th (Weeks 2 & 4). Would prefer a 2-year agreement for 19/20  (willing to do one year), 2019 being an AWAY game for George Fox. Please contact John Bates by email at jbates@georgefox.edu or phone at 503-554-2938.

from http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

MiacMan

Quote from: AO on January 09, 2019, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 08, 2019, 08:12:12 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on January 08, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 05, 2019, 11:56:27 AM
Josh Parks will indeed return next fall for his senior season. Great news for Tommie Fans!

Maybe he can run for 300 yards in a loss to the Johnnies this year.  :P

That very well could happen. However, we will probably have the consolation of owning the second largest crowd for (as well as the largest) home game attendence in D3.  ;D
Looks like that record is going to fall.  The Cortaca Jug game (Ithaca vs. Cortland) is already claiming 30,000 tickets spoken for as of a month ago. 
http://www.cortacajug.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/NFF-Cortaca-Jug-Press-Release-12.4.18.pdf

Say it ain't so! Ironically, Caruso will still be connected to the record as he is an alum of Ithaca.

OzJohnnie

So, #1 went to one of those giant music festivals a week ago in the bush where you camp for three days, stay drunk the whole time, listen to s**t techno music, live in filth and the parents pray the kids stay away from the ecstasy and other drugs.

There were a couple non-fatal overdoses, maybe three, which isn't so bad I suppose given there were supposedly 20k people at the festival.  One kid died, however, which caused quite a stir.  Well it's just come out in the paper that his toxicology report pointed to tiger snake venom in his system.  He was too drunk to realise he'd been bit by the world's third deadliest snake and he was dead a few hours later.

It's funny. Drug overdoses? "It's a small part of the whole thing, Dad.  Lighten up!"

Death by snake?  "Bugger that!  I'm not going to any more festivals."
[  

jamtod

Jalen Hurts Transfer Odds:
Houston +150
Arizona +300
Maryland +400
UCLA +500
TCU +500
Florida State +750
Florida +1000
Louisville +1000
Tennessee +1000
UCF +1500
Texas A&M +1500
Oklahoma +2000
FAU +2000
West Virginia +2000
Washington State +2500
University of St Thomas +250,000

We could use a quarterback.

MiacMan

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 09, 2019, 08:33:37 PM
So, #1 went to one of those giant music festivals a week ago in the bush where you camp for three days, stay drunk the whole time, listen to s**t techno music, live in filth and the parents pray the kids stay away from the ecstasy and other drugs.

There were a couple non-fatal overdoses, maybe three, which isn't so bad I suppose given there were supposedly 20k people at the festival.  One kid died, however, which caused quite a stir.  Well it's just come out in the paper that his toxicology report pointed to tiger snake venom in his system.  He was too drunk to realise he'd been bit by the world's third deadliest snake and he was dead a few hours later.

It's funny. Drug overdoses? "It's a small part of the whole thing, Dad.  Lighten up!"

Death by snake?  "Bugger that!  I'm not going to any more festivals."

OZ,

You are a brave man! I am guessing you went as basically a chaperone for your kids? I had mentioned maybe going to one of those, and it was country music. My adult children (all in their 20's) totally discouraged me from going. Yet, they were going, how's that work?

OzJohnnie

Quote from: MiacMan on January 10, 2019, 05:05:13 PM
OZ,

You are a brave man! I am guessing you went as basically a chaperone for your kids? I had mentioned maybe going to one of those, and it was country music. My adult children (all in their 20's) totally discouraged me from going. Yet, they were going, how's that work?

#1 is 19.  What can I do?  I had considered locking her in a closet for another couple years but the Mrs said that was probably a bad idea.  I guess I have reached the point where the boat has been released and I have to hope I've taught it well enough to steer straight.  Sigh.
[  

OzJohnnie

Damn.   Hawthorn's Tom Mitchell, last season's Brownlow Medalist (League MVP), snapped his leg today in the first pre-season training session (they had been doing some fitness work before the Xmas break, but that doesn't really count).  Out for twelve months, the whole year written off.  Apparently a complete double bone snap of his lower left leg.

It's going to be a tough season without him.
[  

BDB

Major sense of relief in these parts that Jayme Closs was found alive yesterday. I drive through Barron quite a bit and the signs and ribbons have been out full force saying "Bring Jayme Home" for about 3 months since she was taken.

I lived in the St. Cloud area when Jacob Wetterling was abducted and I had a feeling this was going to end up the same way. Thank God it didn't.

A lot of information will be coming out on this case today I believe.

art76

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 11, 2019, 08:52:23 AM
Major sense of relief in these parts that Jayme Closs was found alive yesterday. I drive through Barron quite a bit and the signs and ribbons have been out full force saying "Bring Jayme Home" for about 3 months since she was taken.

I lived in the St. Cloud area when Jacob Wetterling was abducted and I had a feeling this was going to end up the same way. Thank God it didn't.

She, and her remaining family are going to need a lot of support to get through this. My heart just aches for her/them.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

57Johnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 11, 2019, 08:52:23 AM

Amen. So far, this is a better outcome than I expected also.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

BDB

At the same period as the Jayme Closs mystery, the community of Barron had another resident in the news.

Chris Kroeze was singing his way to the runner-up spot on "The Voice."

That's a lot of lows and highs for one small town all at the same time.

astro9046

should be interesting to see who transferred this season to MIAC, maybe someone's Christmas gift was an all region NG and top west region NG. Look forward to seeing MIAC Play and seeing some snow since here in the AZ cold is 50 degrees lol. Hello MIAC
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

DuffMan

Quote from: astro9046 on January 11, 2019, 10:45:59 AM
should be interesting to see who transferred this season to MIAC, maybe someone's Christmas gift was an all region NG and top west region NG. Look forward to seeing MIAC Play and seeing some snow since here in the AZ cold is 50 degrees lol. Hello MIAC

Huh?  What do you know?  We are talking JW Windsor, I assume.  He's sure bounced around a bit.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

It's been a rough year for cultural icons worth being icons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2019/01/10/verna-bloom-animal-house-died/2542468002/

QuoteVerna Bloom, the actress who played debauched wife Marion Wormer in "Animal House" ... has died at age 80.
[