Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

final weekend seeding scenarios:

Stevens must sweep the Elmira-Utica trip to win the regular season title and host the E8 tournament. If they lose either game, Nazareth will host via season sweep of the Ducks. Alfred clinched a berth by beating Naz last night.

The last spot will go to Utica or Fisher. Utica is currently in 4th but was swept by the Cards. The Pioneers need A) a sweep of Alfred and Stevens or B) a split and a Fisher loss to Sage on Saturday. SJF gets in with two Utica losses or a win and one Utica loss.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final week of the 2017-18 season is upon us. In a week's time, the topic will be who has punched their tickets to the NCAA tournaments and who is hoping to get selected. This week... we don't know many of the answers and some questions have yet to be considered.

url=http://www.d3hoopsville.com]Hoopsville[/url] returns to the air LIVE this Sunday night with a jam-packed, and super-sized, edition. Dave welcomes guests from around the country and looks at a lot of the conference tournaments which are getting underway. Can some of the top teams take advantage of home-court advantage? Who may surprise? Who do some NOT want to see lose if they hope to make the tournament themselves?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2EyN7G9

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues located to the right.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Tom Glynn, Nichols men's coach
- Anne Crutchfield, Emory & Henry women's coach
- Kevin Broderick, Nazareth men's coach
- Zach Otto-Fisher, UW-Superior interim women's coach
- Jon Prevo, No. 24 Rose-Hulman women's coach
- Brendan Gulick, Baldwin Wallace broadcaster (Great Lakes recap)
- Ryan Scott, "Top 25 Double-take"

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AUPepBand

Now Pep doesn't think you can get four more evenly matched teams in a conference tournament than what was just experienced in the Empire 8 Party.
Friday Night:
Nazareth 73, Alfred 72 (AU misses a FT with 2 secs remaining, gets offensive rebound and shoots again but misses)
Utica 63, Stevens 62 (Utica hits a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to win)
Saturday:
Nazareth 66, Utica 64 (Home court advantage good for a point or two, no?)

Good luck to the Golden Flyers in the NCAA Tournament. Hoping to see my Saxons again in ECAC play....time will tell.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Caz Bombers

I thought they might step up a little higher in difficulty level than that, but I'm sure the rest of the E8 is happy for the chance to win something once in a while.

Honestly my first two reactions are 1) maybe E8 baseball should just disband, they'll never keep the Pool A bid now and 2) their superpower men's volleyball program is going from the UVC to the MAC? That's the equivalent of Auburn (Springfield is Alabama) going from the SEC to the Sun Belt.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Caz - you might want to check the MAC's volleyball a little closer. Stevenson, off the top of my head, has been pretty good as well. Stevens is certainly the top dog, but let's not pretend the MAC doesn't have good teams.

AUPepBand

Went to post a message on this board and got a red letter warning. It wasn't Jesus speaking, but it was an automatic warning that "this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Gosh, isn't it basketball season in the Empire 8? Anyone out there?

Look at these standings. Now discuss.

W-L    Win %    PF    PA       W-L    Win %    PF    PA    L10    Streak
Nazareth    6-0    1.000    516    452       12-3    0.800    1209    1139    8-2    Won 8
St. John Fisher    5-2    0.714    577    488       10-6    0.625    1302    1171    6-4    Lost 2
Stevens    6-3    0.667    705    636       13-5    0.722    1354    1248    7-3    Lost 1
Alfred    4-2    0.667    495    453       11-4    0.733    1187    1092    7-3    Won 1
Utica    3-4    0.429    505    505       9-7    0.563    1224    1175    4-6    Won 2
Elmira    2-3    0.400    399    414       4-10    0.286    1091    1192    3-7    Won 1
Hartwick    3-5    0.375    632    657       7-10    0.412    1310    1353    3-7    Lost 1
Sage    3-5    0.375    605    629       7-10    0.412    1318    1338    5-5    Won 2
Houghton    0-8    0.000    449    649       1-16    0.059    1078    1375    1-9    Lost 8

Bengalsrule

Glad to see at least Pep is alive and well over there in Empire 8.  Pretty sad commentary fellas to be dormant for over 5 months. Especially a conference as deep and rich as Empire 8. Heck during football season there are some guys who posted daily.  I'm guessing hoops just doesn't get the love there.  Glad to see Pep standing tall!

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bengalsrule on January 24, 2019, 08:38:46 PM
Glad to see at least Pep is alive and well over there in Empire 8.  Pretty sad commentary fellas to be dormant for over 5 months. Especially a conference as deep and rich as Empire 8. Heck during football season there are some guys who posted daily.  I'm guessing hoops just doesn't get the love there.  Glad to see Pep standing tall!

Congrats, 'rule, on Bengals big win over a very good Brockport team. Pep saw Brockport beat the Saxons at Galanis Arena. Very tough team to beat. But Pep is pleased with the play of the Saxons this season. Just an outstanding bunch of competitors...any of them can go off on any given night and lead AU to victory. Having graduated Cousin and Hook, Pep was concerned that the Saxons needed to replace the big boys. Couldn't ask for any better than 6-7 freshman Elliott Bowen (he's probably only 6-4 but his hair gives him the extra three inches) and 6-8 freshman Brewster Marshall, an engineering major and son of AU engineering alums now living in Horseheads. Bowen has been E8 Rookie of the Week once and Marshall earned the same honor three times this season.

On Saxon Warriors!

magicman

Glad you'r still alive and well, Pep.  I look at this board from time to time and can't believe how nobody responds here anymore. Keep the faith all it takes is a couple of good teams having good years and it will pick up. I still follow the E8 and check their scores every night of play. Somewhat of a down year this year but that's not uncommon in DIII. 

Caz Bombers

Naz beat Elmira 124-88 tonight, that is just flippin' bonkers, my dudes

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Hoopsville Marathon Show ... is tomorrow!

Tune in starting at 12:00 p.m. ET as we talk to guests from around the country about nothing but #d3hoops.

It is all about celebrating the season, student-athletes, coaches, and an exciting season.

For more information, click here: http://bit.ly/2HGx0N3

We will share more about the show a little later.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh