MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint-Paul

I continue to be impressed with the class and sportsmanship of the Albertus posters on this board. After first round losses to Middlebury, Alvernia, Dickinson, and Rochester, you guys went on the other teams boards and left congratulatory posts. I noticed it at the time and still remember it. No complaints about travel distance, about difficult first round match ups, or playing in home teams venues, just good comments about well played games. Again this week, following a difficult loss to JWU, you are still able to appreciate the talent and skill of the team that beat you, and wish them well in the upcoming tournament.  You really grasp the meaning and purpose of this board, please keep it up.

Ferraro13

Quote from: Saint-Paul on February 27, 2018, 12:55:32 AM
I continue to be impressed with the class and sportsmanship of the Albertus posters on this board. After first round losses to Middlebury, Alvernia, Dickinson, and Rochester, you guys went on the other teams boards and left congratulatory posts. I noticed it at the time and still remember it. No complaints about travel distance, about difficult first round match ups, or playing in home teams venues, just good comments about well played games. Again this week, following a difficult loss to JWU, you are still able to appreciate the talent and skill of the team that beat you, and wish them well in the upcoming tournament.  You really grasp the meaning and purpose of this board, please keep it up.

Thanks Saint-Paul, and trust me, we appreciate you input into this board as well. It's albertus posters and yourself, with an occasional few such as a troll or two like me know of it. Junkie kinda hit it on the head, act like you been there before Lawson. The behavior was just absurd, never has an albertus player or any other player from the gnac acted with such little class from games that I could remember. Hell me and Lamonte Thomas, a JWU standout use to at it when he came to new haven, and ended up being pretty cool with one another Bc it was all fun trash talk even though it started out as some serious back and forth banter. Anyone who didn't have a problem with lawson's actions is just full is sh*t plain and simple, and trying to get a rise out of posters on this board. Like I said, congrats to jwu, they are the only team that has given albertus fits really in the last 8 years or so, the rivalry is great. Still gonna take a few more gnac titles to take that from albertus tho, and if anything, the loss and yes lawson's Actions Saturday will only make Oliver get on that transfer trail even harder. If you don't think lawson's Actions fuel Oliver's fire you don't know the man, he will remember this game, TRUST ME. I rather have this program in no one else's hands. Of what could of been tho, this roster was suppose to contain Lovell(first team all gnac as a fresh but transferred to St. John's to try out), mason jones, and English. But no matter who you are, class and then the team come first, so it wasn't to be. Congrats to jwu on their title, good luck against east conn and hopefully albertus gets a bid in the ecac

Saint-Paul

Back in December i watched MIT just pound the Saints.  MIT had talented players at every position and they appeared to be well coached. They shot the ball well, rebounded well, and really defended. I will be following them this weekend to see how they do in the tournament. I think their big, 6'6", point guard is injured, not sure if he will play, hope someone else steps up in his place.  Wish them good luck.

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

D3HoopJunkie

Quote from: Mike Rejniak on March 12, 2018, 11:21:22 AM
​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

What a great idea! I would absoluley watch this team compete in TBT!

Eian Davis as well as Victor Ljurduraj would be great fits in a tournament like this. Both are playing overseas professionally last time I heard so not sure how that would work out but both players we're born to play in a tournament such as this, especially Davis who has competed many times over the years against some of the best basketball players in the world at the mecca that is Rucker Park and the Dykman league as well.

Saint-Paul

Can't post right now, word of Jackson's firing is spreading through the Saints campus.  Must join, students , faculty, and alumni in the quad for a singing of the Hallelujah Chorus. Will have a lot to say later.

Saint-Paul

That was great, seeing the campus community come together to rejoice in song. Boy, some of those music majors can really hit the high notes on those Hallelujah's . Very inspiring.  A very special thanks to the new AD for taking the first step necessary towards improving the men's bb program.  This has been long over due. There was not a college coach anywhere in the country more deserving of being fired than this guy. From the absurd game plans, full court pressing athletic opponents, lack of defense, lack of shooting, lack of assists, multitude of turnovers, to the bus load of players quitting the team and refusing to play for this guy, to the complete lack of knowledge of time and score in end game situations, this program was poorly coached from start to finish.  And the icing on the cake was that 60 point loss to JWU at home a few years back during the Greenaway era.  What college coach loses at home by 60 and doesn't resign the very next day?  This guy doesn't. He loses another 50 games before he gets the message.  Let the search begin. 

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

In other GNAC news, Mt. Ida announced a merger with the UMass system.  UMass-Amherst gets the campus and Mt. Ida students will be guaranteed admission to UMass-Dartmouth.  This is happening after classes end this summer.

https://www.mountida.edu/umass/board-statement/
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Saint-Paul

Would have to think Emmanuel will draw well over a hundred applications for their men's job. Applications will come from multiple levels.  Local HS varsity coaches with strong career records, a ton of D-3 assistants in the New England area, probably even a few D-3 head coaches looking to relocate, and maybe even a handful of D-1 assistants looking to head their own program.  Should not be a problem drawing qualified applicants.  Emmanuel has all the ingredients necessary for a winning program, low SAT scores, high financial aid packages, nice campus, great location, and a brand new AD. 

warriorcat

Is it a full time job?

What is the situation with regard to assistants?

Saint-Paul

Yes, it was more than a full time job with duties in the athletic department extending beyond just coaching.  It was a full time athletic staff position.  Since the program has been in the basement of the GNAC for so long I would doubt that an assistants would be given consideration.

Saint-Paul

HoopDirt is reporting that Emmanuel received about 200 applications for their head coaching job.  This is not surprising given the campus location and SAT scores. Should be able to find someone decent out of that application pool. Hope to hear soon.

Saint-Paul

Emmanuel announced their new head coach today, Danny Lawson, a D3 assistant from Endicott College.  Looks like they went with a young guy with no head coaching experience.  That's OK, he will probably be a whole lot better than the last guy. Player retention will most likely improve, players will actually run an offense, and non shooters will stop taking three point shots.  Also, the players will probably sprint back on defense for a new coach.  A lot to look forward to.  Did not hear much about the selection process except that they received over 200 applications. Don't know who the other four finalists were but I did hear that at least two D3 head coaches applied and were not given interviews. Wish the new coach much success.  Hope he can still do some recruiting and bring in an accurate three point shooter.   

Falcons 25

Albertus Magnus Recruiting News:

AMC has added a 6 FT. Freshman guard from Hillhouse, Davon Warner. Last year
he averaged: 17 pts., 4 rebounds & 3 steals.
He was SCC 1st Team & all Area New Haven Register team.

More when I get it! Have a Great Summer!

D3HoopJunkie

Quote from: Falcons 25 on July 18, 2018, 07:26:51 PM
Albertus Magnus Recruiting News:

AMC has added a 6 FT. Freshman guard from Hillhouse, Davon Warner. Last year
he averaged: 17 pts., 4 rebounds & 3 steals.
He was SCC 1st Team & all Area New Haven Register team.

More when I get it! Have a Great Summer!

Good recruiting news Falcons25!

Keep it coming! Im working on getting a few names because I've been informed that Oliver has one of his largest recruiting classes in terms of true freshman in quite some time as well as a few JUCO transfers as well. It should be interesting to see who he can bring in after losing such a talented a player as JQ was. He has certainly done it in the past. Lets see if he can do it again!