MBB: University Athletic Association

Started by Allen M. Karon, February 21, 2005, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUPHF

Emory has posted their 2018-2019 schedule.

No Division I exhibitions, but they do have Maryville (TN) again along with Randolph-Macon and East Texas Baptist.

http://www.emoryathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on July 16, 2018, 03:02:59 PM
Emory has posted their 2018-2019 schedule.

No Division I exhibitions, but they do have Maryville (TN) again along with Randolph-Macon and East Texas Baptist.

http://www.emoryathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule
Randolph-Macon had a decent season in 17-18 (18-8) and will have a pretty experienced team this coming season. But they have been inconsistent in recent years. Should be a good game, though likely a W for Emory.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Sounds like Atlanta Thanksgiving weekend will be a fun place to be.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

WUPHF

Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 16, 2018, 11:52:35 PM
Randolph-Macon had a decent season in 17-18 (18-8) and will have a pretty experienced team this coming season. But they have been inconsistent in recent years. Should be a good game, though likely a W for Emory.

Emory loses four key seniors, but I do still think they are going to be very good this year relative to the league.  This should be a good test.

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on July 17, 2018, 08:05:47 AM
Sounds like Atlanta Thanksgiving weekend will be a fun place to be.

It will be interesting to see who the fourth game is, but definitely a good tournament.

Did you do your drive around the United States yet?  And, if not, is there a way to follow the fun online?

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on July 17, 2018, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 16, 2018, 11:52:35 PM

Emory loses four key seniors, but I do still think they are going to be very good this year relative to the league.  This should be a good test.

R-MC only had one senior last season. This season's senior class is solid -- five of the six saw plenty of minutes as juniors. So maybe they have a better shot than I first thought. I don't think they saw a player like Romin Williams, though.

WUPHF

Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 17, 2018, 07:28:48 PM
So maybe they have a better shot than I first thought. I don't think they saw a player like Romin Williams, though.

It is true that Romin Williams can take over a game and he has proven that against good teams.  Chicago knows that all too well.

I tried to speculate on how the league would play out before the newcomers were announced and this is what I said about Emory (see below).  It is interesting to look at that again.  Arguably only 3-4 clearly established proven performers.

It is too early to revisit this, but with the incoming recruits for Washington University and Chicago and thinking more about the experience of Rochester, I am not sure that anyone will be a favorite to win this league.

Emory

The sophomore class is going to pay big dividends for Coach Zimmerman for the next three seasons.  Bank on it.  There will be little margin for error so key to the league championship may be a road win in Rochester to begin league play.

1. Gebereal Baitey (Sr, 29 mpg), Nick Stuck (So)
2. Romin Williams (So, 22 mpg), Clay Washburn (So)
3. Beau Bommarito (Sr, 26 mpg)
4. Lawrence Rowley (So)
5. Matt Davet (So, 13 mpg)

ADL70

Spartans going to be wearing Nike for a long, long time:
http://athletics.case.edu/general/2017-18/releases/20180723dbz3j3

http://athletics.case.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

Playing in tourney in Bermuda.  No word on other teams participating.
Also a game in Miami vs last season #18 Plattsburg
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Mr. Mo

Quote from: ADL70 on July 23, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
Spartans going to be wearing Nike for a long, long time:
http://athletics.case.edu/general/2017-18/releases/20180723dbz3j3

http://athletics.case.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

Playing in tourney in Bermuda.  No word on other teams participating.
Also a game in Miami vs last season #18 Plattsburg
Maybe if his shoes are more comfortable, their coach will be in a better mood on the sidelines this season. . . .

smedindy

Gregory Sager

That makes twice now that Deadspin has inaccurately reported that Meehan took Brandeis to the Final Four.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 05, 2018, 12:44:51 AM
That makes twice now that Deadspin has inaccurately reported that Meehan took Brandeis to the Final Four.

I assume it was a mistake because the leads on Deadspin and on Deadspin social media do not play up the supposed Final Four as they might have.  And, it is an interesting mistake in this latest report because the report clearly mentions the Elite Eight campaign.

I did read the entire 25 page report and the only thing I'll say I still feel bad for the Meehan brothers who, though not blamed, are portrayed as part of the problem.  I obviously have no idea what having the Meehans on the team was like day to day, but Nate Meehan was a pretty good basketball player and the younger Meehan rarely ever played.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on September 05, 2018, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 05, 2018, 12:44:51 AM

I assume it was a mistake because the leads on Deadspin and on Deadspin social media do not play up the supposed Final Four as they might have.  And, it is an interesting mistake in this latest report because the report clearly mentions the Elite Eight campaign.

I did read the entire 25 page report and the only thing I'll say I still feel bad for the Meehan brothers who, though not blamed, are portrayed as part of the problem.  I obviously have no idea what having the Meehans on the team was like day to day, but Nate Meehan was a pretty good basketball player and the younger Meehan rarely ever played.

Interesting observation regarding the brothers... +1
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

As I figured, the AD is being replaced. I suspect maybe this was known when they opened up the head coaching position late this summer (still not filled best I can tell). I wish I could get more info, but my New England brethren like to keep things close to the vest, it would appear. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

Quote from: hopefan on September 05, 2018, 11:10:09 AM
Interesting observation regarding the brothers... +1

Thanks! I read my previous post and I should clarify further by saying that the report portrayed favoritism towards the brothers as a concern.  I wish I had used that word.  Otherwise, as I was trying to say, that was not necessarily evident from the outside.  I do feel for those guys.

WUPHF

It looks like Brandeis is planning to have a new head coach ready to go by the time basketball season rolls around: http://brandeishoot.com/2018/09/14/brandeis-searches-for-a-new-head-basketball-coach/