OFFSEASON: Mega Draft

Started by FCGrizzliesGrad, February 16, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 09, 2019, 09:36:43 AM
BTW Grizz, thanks for doing this and congrats! After 1000 picks, having just 3 or 4 more guys play d3 this year would have made the difference between silver and gold. With that being said I had about 10 less MIA guys than you did, you had a great draft! It was a lot of fun and looking at the spreadsheet you compiled of season total points was a great idea!

Do we have interest in doing it again? Would it be somewhat easy for you to change the names since you have the template already made for scoring?
If we get at least 6 people this time (a lot of work for only 5 people playing). I think I'll trim the number of rounds down to 150 (hopefully a little less burnout at the end) which if we get 6 is still 900 players and if we get up to 7 would mean over 1000.
Setting things up should be easier since I already have a good portion of the links and I know what I'm doing now. Still a lot of work during the season though which is why I'd like more entries.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Smitty Oom

Well I know one guy around here who likes D3hoops fantasy leagues that did not participate last year!!  ;D

FCGrizzliesGrad

If we get at least 6 people we'll run this league again. Draft order will be posted Sunday April 1st. We'll go 150 rounds this year.

To keep things simple to all the other games here, only regular season D3 opponents will count. Provisional teams count, exploratory does not.

As long as you're around every day or two or let me know you're going to be gone an extended period and leave me a list of names then you have nothing to worry about. You're only going to be in trouble if you disappear without a trace for several days. We didn't have any issues last season so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Standard scoring rules. 3PM + Reb + Ast + Stl + Blk + Pts - TO - FT Missed
Once the draft is complete there's nothing more you need to do. No add/drops/trades. No selecting a specific game each week or a certain number of games.

Current list
FCGG
Smitty Oom
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Sure.  I'm traveling less this summer.  Sounds good.  I hope to do better this year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Unfortunately I'm going to pass again. As you can imagine, with all the regular season and tournament leagues I run, I need a break sometime.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

ronk

I don't have the stamina to do this again so I'll decline.   :)

Smitty Oom

We need some new blood in here so we can do this again. Don't be shy!