FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roocru

Quote from: desertcat1 on October 31, 2012, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: roocru on October 29, 2012, 05:40:44 PM
You Tube clip of the Flyover at Austin College's Homecoming game on Saturday vs. Centre.  The anthem is sung by  Alumni choir members  who do this every year at Homecoming.  The jet is a F/A-18 fighter and is piloted by Lieutenant Ross "Jackpot" Jackson (Class of '02).  For more information, please see below the YouTube link below.  It was a great sight to see and I got to talk to "Jackpot" at halftime.  After meeting him it is once again clear to see why we need to be proud of those who serve in our Armed Forces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YMYtZ8RSCc&feature=share&list=UUFTIpEQKpN5KX4x0mWmTE0A

Top Gun Pilot to Fly Over

Lieutenant Ross "Jackpot" Jackson '02 will fly a U.S. Navy F/A-18 jet from North Texas Regional Airport at Perrin Field southward directly over Apple Stadium at 12:58 p.m. on Saturday, October 27.

This spectacular event will honor the men and women of the United States military as part of the Austin College Homecoming celebration. The flyover will coincide with the presentation of the national anthem prior to the 1 p.m. kickoff of the Homecoming football game. Jackson is a member of the 10-year reunion class.

Jackson, originally of Georgetown, Texas, graduated magna cum laude from Austin College in 2002. He was commissioned as an ensign in Pensacola, Florida, after completing Officer Candidate School in November 2004.

Following flight training in Corpus Christi and Kingsville, Texas, Jackson was designated a naval aviator in March 2007. He completed training in the F/A-18 Super Hornet at NAS Lemoore, California, in March 2008, earning Top Hook awards for carrier qualification in both the T-45 and F/A-18F during his flight training.

Jackson reported to the Black Knights of Strike Fighter Squadron 154 at Naval Air Station Lemoore, California, flying the F/A-18F Super Hornet, in March 2008.  During this tour, deployed aboard the USS John C. Stennis and the USS Ronald Reagan, he served as the squadron Air-to-Ground Weapons Training Officer as well has head landing signals officer.

In March 2011, Jackson reported to the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School, Top Gun.  After graduating from the course, he joined the staff as a Top Gun PGUN Instructor Pilot and now serves as the U.S. Navy's Subject Matter Expert for both the AIM-9 Sidewinder and Aerial Gunnery. At Top Gun, he flies the F/A-18 Hornet, F/A-18 Super Hornet, and F-16 Fighting Falcon.  During his career, he has accumulated more than 1,100 flight hours and more than 225 carrier-arrested landings.

Lt. Jackson now lives in Fallon, Nevada, with his wife, Rachel, and their sons, Otto and Everett.

We need more like Lt. Jackson,   8-)

One of the greatest things i have gotten to do in my life so far is to ride / Fly with my Son ( call sign CUFFS) in the F/A 18 simulator at El TORO  Marine Base training center in So CAL a few years ago.. Proud papa..  DC1 8-)

Another Proud moment,
Not to be out done by Son #1,  Son Number#2 handed me the "Walnut & Bronze " In Salem a few years back ...... 8-)

Go Cats
Go Big D

What year?  My son was the middle linebacker on the UMHB team that came close to you guys in 2004.   :P
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

desertcat1

Roocru, 

89' to current .. 8-)  Walnut & Bronze in 2004..   

I stayed locked in the hotel(germmmms) :'( away from the team with a temp of 104* until  we let the cat out of bag at game time..
It would be nice to get back to salem and be able to enjoy the sights  too.   But , first things first this year..  8-)
Go Cats
Go Big D
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

tigerguy

Anybody getting the TU/Sewanee stats/video to work?

Ron Boerger

I've never had any luck with that new page of theirs.  Last I heard 24-0 TU at half.

etg

(El Tea Gray--re: Trinity Tigers win "Old SCAC.)

Week 11----  Trinity  42        Austin College    13
Tigers win 6 game round-robin "Old SCAC" (5-1) ; season  (7-3).

3 losses:
UMHB, enough said!
Sul Ross, real D3 players?
Centre, who knows why, possibly QB problems?

Sounds like "sour-grapes"?  Not really, Tigers averaged 40+ points in their last three games. This team was "ready-for-some-football".   Well, maybe next year?

:)   

Ron Boerger

So courtesy of our friends on the SAA board I see some company called "Harvard Pilgrim" is using the Trinity Miracle play video (sans acknowledgement of the teams involved) in some advertising.  See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDy959qrJj8 ... gotta wonder about their use of this.

Shoreman

You would think Harvard Pilgrim a large medical insurance company would at least make a donation to Trinity & Millsaps football.

evacuee

Does anyone know where Nyk McKissic was in the last four weeks of the season?

tigerguy

He suffered a concussion in the Centre game and didn't return. The trainers advised him not to risk getting hurt further, since I believe he hopes to attend law school. I must say that Blashchke played very well the last three games, though. Next year Trinity should finally be able to run the option again, something they haven't done in about four years. In the final game against Austin College, Mckissic took the last snap of the game as an "honorary play" to close out his career - the sideline and stands went nuts.

Ron Boerger

Very happy Nyk was given the chance to close out his career.  What a shame about the concussion. 

Blaschke's a talent - he had some very nice throws on Saturday.  Just needs to work on the INTs a bit.  :-)

historymajor

Bonzo,,, The Harvard Pilgrim use of the "Miracle" footage WAS widely discussed AND agreed upon.  This is copyrighted material that in this case benefited nicely to both programs.

Ron Boerger

OK ... let's see where teams stand on scheduling for 2013:

Austin:  schedule here.
@Rhodes, ETBU, @Oxy, @Trinity, SW, @TLU, SAGU, Hendrix, @SW, Trinity.
Yes, home and away with both Trinity and Southwestern but not TLU. 

Southwestern: not up
TLU:  not up
Trinity:  not up

ADL70

Trinity plays CWRU in Cleveland 10/26/13
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ADL70 on January 16, 2013, 09:38:32 PM

So Case is playing Trinity and Linfield next year?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ADL70

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 17, 2013, 11:35:18 AM
Quote from: ADL70 on January 16, 2013, 09:38:32 PM

So Case is playing Trinity and Linfield next year?

That's what I see.  Both games in Cleveland.

Equally intriguing, but much less challenging is a trip to Puget Sound as well.

The published schedule only has 9 games (4 at home), but I don't think Spartans will add Wesley.

This is the "gap" year between the NCAC agreement and joining PAC.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite