FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unionpalooza

Quote from: Ice Bear on December 06, 2019, 12:17:59 PM
Ice Bear will make his picks even though he is not consistent picker...nose picker yes, game/score picker not so much.

NCC 52
Del Val 10

Ice Bear says the score is closer than the game will be. A young Aggies team gets a taste of the next level. It will help for years to come...just not this year.

Salisbury 17
Mules 48

IB would love to see the Gulls run all ****ing over the Mules...but he just doesn't see it happening to that stingy Mules D that may prove to be damn close to that elite tier this season. Ice feels the Gulls are just not as close to that tier as the Mules are.

Ice Bear says unfortunately he sees sees the East getting monkey stomped and shut out this weekend.  Ice says it's been a great year in the east but this will be as far as our beloved region goes.

Gonna go just the opposite.  Del Valley wins in a squeaker, 34-31.  Salisbury runs over the Mules in a shootout, 55-45.

Doid23

Ice Bear says unfortunately he sees sees the East getting monkey stomped and shut out this weekend.  Ice says it's been a great year in the east but this will be as far as our beloved region goes.
+K all around, I miss a few days and the board blows up!
On a separate note, in what geography class is Muhlenberg in the South, and Salisbury State in the East?

Doid23

Quote from: Bartman on December 05, 2019, 12:53:02 PM
When one looks at interrelated statistics...it becomes very clear....Ithaca had to keep the ball and score on very slow possessions so Cortland's awesome kick blocking unit was neutralized....
Genius. Quit your job right now, and find a team to coach. That's next level ish.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Doid23 on December 06, 2019, 01:49:41 PM

+K all around, I miss a few days and the board blows up!
On a separate note, in what geography class is Muhlenberg in the South, and Salisbury State in the East?

Nothing new, but this is Division III for you. Salisbury is in the New Jersey Athletic Conference and is in the East along with the rest of its conference. And the NJAC is one of the 25% of easternmost D-III football conferences.

Once upon a time, even the MAC was in the South -- so FDU-Florham was a South Region team while William Paterson and the rest were in the East.

The alignment makes for four relatively equal regions. The East has more, but it also has the NESCAC, which doesn't participate in the postseason, so it's not as unbalanced as it looks.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Ice Bear will make his picks even though he is not consistent picker...nose picker yes, game/score picker not so much.

NCC 52
Del Val 10

Ice Bear says the score is closer than the game will be. A young Aggies team gets a taste of the next level. It will help for years to come...just not this year.

Salisbury 17
Mules 48

IB would love to see the Gulls run all ****ing over the Mules...but he just doesn't see it happening to that stingy Mules D that may prove to be damn close to that elite tier this season. Ice feels the Gulls are just not as close to that tier as the Mules are.

Ice Bear, I have to agree with you after seeing what NCC did on the road at Mount Union. This season far surpassed anybody's reasonable expectations given how many offensive starters were lost from the 2018 team. I think a third consecutive undefeated MAC Championship season, two road playoff victories (highly unusual) and a national quarterfinal appearance would have been more than the coaches and players could have dreamed of.

You are also correct about the word 'young'. The Aggies bring back both DE's (for two more years) and have a rising sophomore who got a lot of time at DT. They also get a significant player back who missed the year due to injury. Their best LB returns and the backups, quite frankly, were as good or better than the other LB starters. They return both CB's and both Safeties (3 sophs and 1 junior). They lose their QB (with a stud in waiting) and their stud TE, but bring back their best RB as well as another RB who redshirted after an early season injury. Every significant WR is back as well as the stud kick and punt returner. Most of their offensive line returns as well. Coach will bring in a nice impact recruiting class of freshmen and a few transfers (seems everybody is playing that game today unless you are in the NESCAC........cause, you know, that's beneath them ;) ) so next year could be another nice year in bucolic Doylestown.

My college dropped football (it was beneath the libs around campus) so I glommed on to DelVal, having lived in Doylestown for years.

Bartman

Quote from: MANDGSU on December 06, 2019, 12:41:26 PM

NCC 52
Del Val 10

Salisbury 17
Mules 48

:o :o :o :o, I respect your honesty.

I think the monkeys will stay in their cages this weekend, but I do see Delaware Valley losing by 2 TDs and The Mules and Seagulls having an exciting game with the Mules winning by a TD, 52-45. The Mules are better than the Union D, but I don't see the Seagulls  denied multiple trips to the end zone. The only other comment I have is when does a team from Allentown, PA end up in the South region? ......I know the answer, but hey, lots of teams in the East are south of Allentown. I am rooting for Coach Milne to take the Mules all the way ....but if they faulter, I am happy to root on the Seagulls as a true champ from the East. If I am wrong on the close game forecast and the monkeys are out stomping, hats off to IB.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on December 06, 2019, 02:10:31 PM
Quote from: MANDGSU on December 06, 2019, 12:41:26 PM

NCC 52
Del Val 10

Salisbury 17
Mules 48

:o :o :o :o, I respect your honesty.

I think the monkeys will stay in their cages this weekend, but I do see Delaware Valley losing by 2 TDs and The Mules and Seagulls having an exciting game with the Mules winning by a TD, 52-45. The Mules are better than the Union D, but I don't see the Seagulls  denied multiple trips to the end zone. The only other comment I have is when does a team from Allentown, PA end up in the South region? ......I know the answer, but hey, lots of teams in the East are south of Allentown. I am rooting for Coach Milne to take the Mules all the way ....but if they faulter, I am happy to root on the Seagulls as a true champ from the East. If I am wrong on the close game forecast and the monkeys are out stomping, hats off to IB.

I mean how can you go against the team that goes to Mt. Union and wins?  On the other hand, that is probably the biggest game those guys have every won in their lives.  Let down games are ripe after situations like this.

I haven't watched the Mules much to be honest.  I'm guessing they can figure out a way to stop Salisbury and put some points on.  But I don't care how good the Mules defense was to this point in the season, defending the Triple Option is a different beast.

I'm actually interested in the St. Johns/Wheaton game.  I love how St. Johns goes from 5 wide to 22 personnel whenever they want.  I'm guessing Wheaton isn't going to gamble with cover 1/0 like Chapman did last week.

As for UWW and MHB.  MHB's TOP numbers are pathetic.  UWW wins this one 31:38 to 28:22

I'm still looking to see who Mount Union is playing this week.  Very strange not to see them in the quarterfinals. 

Jonny Utah

Official predictions:

Wheaton 45
St. Johns 27

NCC 56       
Del Val 14

MHB 31
UWW 20

Mules 21
Salisbury 14

Machiavelli

My thoughts are more aligned with JU than IB. I think Delaware Valley gets absolutely destroyed so I agree there. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I will be.  I think the Salisbury-Muhlenberg game is going to be a coin flip and I'm going to take the Steaks(with naughty attitudes) in this one although I feel like it can go either way.

Ice Bear

Ice says you know what happens with bad boys with bad attitudes...they win. IB hopes to hell he is off on the Salisbury game. He just feels the Mules will bottle them up and make them do **** they don't do well, like have to pass...that always equals trouble for TO teams, even ones that are somewhat capable passers.

Anyway why are we even discussing W's/L's as they simply do not matter? Who the **** will hold onto the ball longer come Saturday is the question Ice needs an answer too.

Ice has a fever and the only prescription is more TOP analysis
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Ice Bear on December 06, 2019, 03:27:40 PM
Ice says you know what happens with bad boys with bad attitudes...they win. IB hopes to hell he is off on the Salisbury game. He just feels the Mules will bottle them up and make them do **** they don't do well, like have to pass...that always equals trouble for TO teams, even ones that are somewhat capable passers.

Anyway why are we even discussing W's/L's as they simply do not matter? Who the **** will hold onto the ball longer come Saturday is the question Ice needs an answer too.

Well the TOP playoffs are in full swing as well.  My predictions for those below:

Merchant Marine 35:23
Dennison 24:37

Eureka 38:46
Wesley 21:14

Claremont M-S 33:15
Becker 26:45

Randolph Macon 30:21
Birmingham So 29:39

Bartman

TOP Challenge...... Winner gets an Hour Glass recovered from the Titanic:

Mules...........26:45
Seagulls.......33:15

Del Val..........28:30
NCC..............31:30

UMHB...........26:40
WW................33:20

SJ..................27:30
Wheaties.......32:30

Giants.........25:00...Giants win as Eli sets record for most TD passes with no protection and lowest TOP......4...OBJr wants back in
Eagles........35:00....Eagles lose despite TOP advantage and Jason Garrett isn't fired yet as Cowboys stay in first
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Oline89

Quote from: Ice Bear on December 06, 2019, 03:27:40 PM

I will say this, if Muhlenberg wins, then their coaching staff is the best in the Southeast/Eastsouth region by a mile.  There is no way that a little liberal arts school in Allentown PA should be able to recruit the athletes that the winner of the NJAC (in the heart of the DMV) can.  I am pulling for the Mules, but looking to the Gulls winning 42-21.  DelVal, gets Orangutan Mashed, 61-14

Bartman

Quote from: Doid23 on December 06, 2019, 01:51:04 PM
When one looks at interrelated statistics...it becomes very clear....Ithaca had to keep the ball and score on very slow possessions so Cortland's awesome kick blocking unit was neutralized....
Genius. Quit your job right now, and find a team to coach. That's next level ish.
Doid, it is not about me, it is all about the genius of TOP analytics. 
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Bartman on December 07, 2019, 08:34:14 AM
Quote from: Doid23 on December 06, 2019, 01:51:04 PM
Doid, it is not about me, it is all about the genius of TOP analytics.

When you are located 4-5 hours north of Salisbury......................you are an "East" team. I could care less about the insane D-III regions. Thus, the geographical East will in fact have a final four participant.