BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECSUalum

AllStar

An inauspicious start to say the least for Keene State, as the first game goes the way many have in recent years...they lose 4-3 to Clark on a 10th inning error.  Yikes.

AllStar

I believe Keene State's weekend trip to New Jersey, with doubleheaders against TCNJ and William Paterson, was cancelled.

AllStar

Keene went to Florida and split with Gordon, having to come from six runs down to win 9-8 in 9 innings in the first game before losing 8-7 in 8 innings in the second game.  The Owls are 1-2, and haven't done much to right home about.

AllStar

Keene State loses to Vassar 3-2 in 11 innings.  The Owls blew the lead in the 9th and lost on an error in the 11th against the Brewers, and have lost two games on errors and are 1-3.  Yikes.  They play 5-1 Illinois Wesleyan on Sunday, so I doubt it gets any better from here.

AllStar

Another day and another blown lead for Keene State.  This time they were up 8-5 in the 8th, but lost 10-8 to Illinois Wesleyan.  Keene is 1-4, and it's more of the same from recent years.

NEbaseball84

If you haven't seen Keene State play yet, you need to. Yes, they have blown these early games in the season, however they are extremely young, athletic, and have a lot of talent. The Owls will be tough to beat very soon. Not sure how anyone can say negative things without actually seeing a team and doing research.

AllStar

Keene State overcame a 3-0 first inning deficit to beat Becker 7-5.  The Owls are 2-4 and will play Plattsburgh State tomorrow at 2:00 pm.

AllStar

Keene State scored seven runs in the 5th inning and beat Plattsburgh State 10-4 on Tuesday.  The Owls improved to 3-4 and play a 7-inning doubleheader against Curry tomorrow at 11:00 am.

NEbaseball84

Was able to see the Keene State vs. Plattsburgh game yesterday. Appears that the youngster's are improving with every inning and are continuing to perform. Like I previously stated, if you get a chance to see the play, take it! It is worth the trip.

AllStar

Keene State beats Curry 8-6 and 7-6 in 12 innings.  The Owls led 8-0 in the first game before giving up six late runs and came back several times in the second game.  Keene is 5-4 and plays Hamilton tomorrow at 10:00.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: AllStar on February 19, 2017, 12:54:02 AM
I've been experimenting with graphics on other various boards for other sports, so I figured I'd put something here.  If you don't know, you can click on the image to make it bigger and use the scroll bar to move left and right.

Nice post.  Please remind the newbies that you can enlarge the image by clicking it (each time, preferably).

NEbaseball84

Once again I got to see the Owls play both games today and again I really enjoyed it. Made a few young mistakes, but those boys can hit. Some people will look at other posts and say, "well KSC almost blew another one!".

This what you want until you actually watch this team play. Gotta love the youth movement!

Old Man

Nice job by the OWLS today. Listened to online games by broadcaster. Sounds like they are not willing to give up and battle throughout the game.