BB: Regionals (Midwest) 2012 Whitewater WI

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OshDude

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 18, 2012, 06:08:17 PM
Quote from: Ricky Nelson on May 18, 2012, 05:44:01 PM
Oh brother. Joe's quoting Yeats, Emerson and prose about having to fight at the top of the audiocast. Wonder what he's got it the bag if CSS slays the dragon.

[And ... two solo shots for UST before I click "Post." Perhaps it's going to end with a poem by Dylan Thomas. Not the UST All-Region player but the poet]
Joe must not be feeling well today because he is talking about you now
I have issues with his order, but that's for others to say. I'm just happy to be in the same company as JC and No. 4. Little does he know that we met briefly at the Oshkosh Regional years ago.

Make the trip, and we break bread.

OshDude

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 18, 2012, 05:45:24 PM
make that 3 solo hrs
Do you still have eligibility? If so, a follow up question: how soon can you be in Whitewater, Wis.? UST needs someone to throw a few rounds of BP. Goodness ...

SUMMIT!!!!!

22-2??????   TWENTY-TWO???   to two??? did UST convert a 2 pointer after one of its TDs?
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

BoBo

UWW beats AU 6-5 in 10 innings with a strong effort in relief by Jack Larson (4.0 innings 0 hits, 0 runs).  Warhawks scored the winning run in the top of the 10th from second base on a pop up that traveled about 2 feet in front of the plate (according to the radio announcers) and called an error on the AU catcher.  Tough way to end things for the Spartans.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

voice

Quote from: BoBo on May 18, 2012, 11:30:52 PM
UWW beats AU 6-5 in 10 innings with a strong effort in relief by Jack Larson (4.0 innings 0 hits, 0 runs).  Warhawks scored the winning run in the top of the 10th from second base on a pop up that traveled about 2 feet in front of the plate (according to the radio announcers) and called an error on the AU catcher.  Tough way to end things for the Spartans.

BoBo... I was sitting immediately behind home plate and Gary D. was right on with his radio call. 

Travis Wessels was at 2nd base after delivering a 1 out single followed by his steal of 2nd base with two out.

David Claddis then popped up (straight up the chute NO MORE than two feet right in front of the plate.) The AU catcher flat out dropped the ball with Wessels hustling all the way home (with two out). Wessels scored almost simultanious with the dropped pop-up.

It was the strangest game-winning run that I can remember!!

St. Scholastica and UWW at noon on Saturday with the winner needing to beat St. Thomas twice to advance to Appleton.

Great relief effort by Jack Larsen (4 iinnings/0 runs/0 hits) to allow the Hawks the opportunity to win the game late.

Looking forward to Saturday's action at the "Mills!"

BoBo

Quote from: voice on May 19, 2012, 12:45:55 AM
Quote from: BoBo on May 18, 2012, 11:30:52 PM

BoBo... I was sitting immediately behind home plate and Gary D. was right on with his radio call. 

Travis Wessels was at 2nd base after delivering a 1 out single followed by his steal of 2nd base with two out.

David Claddis then popped up (straight up the chute NO MORE than two feet right in front of the plate.) The AU catcher flat out dropped the ball with Wessels hustling all the way home (with two out). Wessels scored almost simultanious with the dropped pop-up.

It was the strangest game-winning run that I can remember!!

St. Scholastica and UWW at noon on Saturday with the winner needing to beat St. Thomas twice to advance to Appleton.

Great relief effort by Jack Larsen (4 iinnings/0 runs/0 hits) to allow the Hawks the opportunity to win the game late.

Looking forward to Saturday's action at the "Mills!"

A real heads up play by Wessels to run out the play...I mean, scoring from second on a pop up to the catcher.  Sounds like something out of the Carlos Gomez school of baserunning!!  ;)

Here's hoping the Warhawks can take advantage of the gift with 3 more solid games.  The defense is going to have to improve over that AU game,  however, if they expect to win.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

SUMMIT!!!!!

thee "live stats" at UWW are a pathetic joke. If I stay with the "stats moble" it at least keeps up with the action. Also, you thikn the host would provie web cast of ALL games not just the games it plays....kinda bush league of UWW, but whatever. Hopefully I wont need to rely on live stats or webcast to enjoy the World Series.

After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

Ralph Turner

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 17, 2012, 08:16:40 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 17, 2012, 02:40:48 PM
I have a feeling UWW will be seeing UWL tomorrow for an elimination game. UWL has owned us this season (0 wins - 6 losses). However all six of those games were played in La Crosse.

Here we go...7th time a charm???
One of the best and most optimistic posts of the post-season.

MIACLUV

Regional Champs! If the offense can keep performing like this there's no doubt the title is coming home! Had you told me the Tommies would win the Regional and Maher would throw 6-7 innings and really didn't even need to in the championship I would have thought you were crazy. Very impressive team effort. Congrats to all.

ShineTime

The scary part is St. Thomas is going to be really good possibly better next year as well unless Maher is in the minors instead of St. Thomas.  I have to give props to Whitewater I for one thought they were coming on strong but had my doubts.  Their going to be very tough next year.  I still like Point to rebound next year and be in the mix as well as La Crosse.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

MIACLUV

Gotta believe that St. Johns will start throwing their bids in for a Midwest regional site here in the near future. According to Jerry Haugen it is something that they plan on pusuing. The turf playing surface will be ready for this spring with the entire project scheduled to be completed by end of summer 2013. Be a real nice change to get to see a regional on the Minnesota side of the border.