FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Did you guys look at the RMC/JCU boxscore?  Time of possession was 44:05/15:55 in favor of the Yellow Jackets and they got 4 Interceptions (one was a pick six).  No wonder they won!

y_jack_lok

It was a very good game. Jacket defense, including the pass defense was strong all game. I've criticized the pass defense in previous years and after the opening game this season vs John's Hopkins, but since then it has been better and better. Four interceptions today. JCU defense was also good. A well played game -- Jackets penalized twice, JCU zero penalties. JCU special teams blocked an extra point and a punt that got returned for a TD. It looked like the momentum might swing to JCU at that point, but the Jackets remained poised.

Congratulaions!!! And good luck next week against Muhlunberg.

BerryCollegeFan

Congrats to Randolph Macon.  Nice win today.

HSCTiger fan

The ODAC has very good football.  As a conference the ODAC is 2/5 over the last 6 years. Last year there were only 2 teams to keep Mt. Union under 31 points - WL and MHB. Today's win was no fluke RMC wore them out. The ODAC champ seldom gets a home game and typically is playing a very highly ranked team in the first round. I would argue that every ODAC is better than every OAC team except MU and JCU. JCU had not played a tough game since September. RMC played one every week since week one.

RMC is very good. If not for a very bad play call late in the 4th last year against WL that resulted in an interception, they would be the 3 time defending ODAC champions.  The score predictions by the D3 Football team were all lopsided for JCU.  I was surprised RMC won but not shocked it was a close game.

Congratulations to RMC and their fans. Good luck next week!

The color guy for JCU was hilarious.  He was so shocked to see a team stick it to the Blue Streaks!  I laughed at his comments from start to finish.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

Jeremybozz

Congrats to Macon and to Bridgewater.

HSCTiger64

Is RMC's win the biggest upset of round one?

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wally_wabash

Quote from: HSCTiger fan on November 17, 2018, 08:07:16 PM
I would argue that every ODAC is better than every OAC team except MU and JCU.

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 18, 2018, 02:19:14 PM

You're right I know I don't know but I could argue it. I could also argue that you also don't know and I could argue the NCAC is not much better.  There are not any Kenyon's, Oberlin's, Hiram's in the ODAC. There's also no Wilmington's or Otterbein's.

Point was (I'm sure you missed it) was EVERY week RMC plays a team (very) capable of beating them. As do all ODAC teams. JCU does not.

I find it funny that you seem so offended, put off, confused, angered (you pick the emotion) by so many of my comments. It's been years since I posted on the NCAC board. Many because I don't keep up with the NCAC or any other conference for that matter. But it's cool after 3 years and 4 seasons ago that you still keep up with HSC and I guess the ODAC.

But hey our favorite teams have been left out of the playoffs for the last several years. So I get it. But please try not to be so offended, put off, confused, angered well you pick the emotion.

Hampden Sydney College
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

wally_wabash

Qualifying this:

with this:

Quote from: HSCTiger fan on November 18, 2018, 05:08:58 PM
Many because I don't keep up with the NCAC or any other conference for that matter.

Is an interesting debate strategy. 

Just to clarify, I'm not angry or offended or whatever emotion YOU choose.  You said something incredibly wrong, and I raised an eyebrow (or a funny gif in this case).  Just maybe do an iota of homework before you make broad declarations like "every ODAC team is better than every other OAC team except MU and JCU" which is actually absurd.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

MUC57

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 18, 2018, 05:28:21 PM
Qualifying this:

with this:

Many because I don't keep up with the NCAC or any other conference for that matter.

Just to clarify, I'm not angry or offended or whatever emotion YOU choose.  You said something incredibly wrong, and I raised an eyebrow (or a funny gif in this case).  Just maybe do an iota of homework before you make broad declarations like "every ODAC team is better than every other OAC team except MU and JCU" which is actually absurd.   

Get 'em, Wally! Apparently he doesn't know with whom he's messing. ❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

HSCTiger fan

Qualifying this:

with this:

I don't need to do any research.  You're always there to tell me when I'm wrong. I like keeping you on your toes and wasting your time.

So tell me how much research did you do?
Hampden Sydney College

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: MUC57 on November 18, 2018, 05:36:37 PM
Qualifying this:

with this:

Get 'em, Wally! Apparently he doesn't know with whom he's messing. ❗️

You're right I don't know him. He doesn't know me either.
Hampden Sydney College

hasanova

I'm not sure I agree with this statement either.  Marietta and Baldwin Wallace, for example, have been quite competitive in the OAC of late.

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: hasanova on November 18, 2018, 09:41:20 PM

I'm not sure I agree with this statement either.  Marietta and Baldwin Wallace, for example, have been quite competitive in the OAC of late.

Sure I used hyperbole.  But I still think from bottom to top the ODAC is a much better (certainly much more competitive) conference than the bottom to 3rd in the OAC. 
Hampden Sydney College