MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stlawus

Where does Calhoun go during the 2nd half? 

deiscanton

Quote from: stlawus on February 28, 2020, 08:25:15 PM
Where does Calhoun go during the 2nd half?

Associate Head Coach Glen Miller coaches the second half of games while Calhoun recuperates in the locker room. 

Did you watch the ESPN documentary the Calhoun Project, which is still available on the ESPN+ streaming service?  The reasons why he is not on the bench in the second half of games are well explained in that documentary.  Hint: Personal health reasons.  Watch the documentary-- it is a good one which chronicles St. Joe's first season with a men's basketball team.

St. Joe's wins, 94-79.  Tickets go on sale on-line on the USJ Blue Jays website at noon tomorrow.   Most fans are going to be stuck watching the game on video stream on GNAC TV.  Very small gym.

stlawus

I figured it was something along those lines but I had no idea.  Thanks for the info, I'll check that doc out.

D3HoopJunkie

The semi-final on Thursday night was just incredible. It was without question one of the best comebacks I have ever seen take place in The Nest. Albertus looked all but done with just over a minute to play and down 6 points. Our two best players, Jahmerikah Green Younger and Tyreek Perkins on the bench with Kai fouling out and Tyreek not in the game. And yet a group of Sophomores and junior Keith Antonio Davis stepped up and brought us back from the depths to another GNAC Championship appearance! Andrew Rice and Davon Warner came up HUGEEE in this one folks. Lasell lost their composure and couldn't inbound the basketball. We forced 4 straight TO's if you include the 10 second violation forced to start this entire run off! Andrew Rice single handily changed the game with his pressure defense and amazingly quick hands. Words dont do just for what was witnessed the other night! I am missing a lot of information because there is just so much to put in!

Now we get the matchup that the GNAC and most of New England wants to see. The rematch between the two best teams in this conference and both ranking quite highly in all of New England! St Joes vs Albertus, Calhoun vs Oliver, Matchup vs Matchups! This is going to be a great championship game and many bubble teams and the NCAA selection committee will be watching this one closely!

D3HoopJunkie

Tickets sold out for tomorrows GNAC Championship in less than a minute through the USJ-Eventbrite system. Really unfortunate that this game couldn't be moved to a larger venue but I understand the advantage of home court. Just really sad that a lot of faithful fans for both side probably wont be able to attend! Myself included! Such is life! Thankfully, St Joes normally puts on a pretty good broadcast with play by play commentary and analysis throughout.

deiscanton

Halftime in West Hartford

St. Joe's 44, Albertus Magnus 25

Dr. Rhona Free, the president of St. Joe's, now being interviewed at halftime.

deiscanton

Final

St. Joe's CT 88, Albertus Magnus 84

Coach Jim Calhoun and the BlueJays are in the DIII tournament!

SpringSt7

Is St. Joe's big enough to host a pod, if it even matters?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: SpringSt7 on March 01, 2020, 05:28:41 PM

They will not host, regardless of capacity.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Falcons 25

Congrats to ST. Joe`s for the GNAC championship. Good Luck in the NCAA tournament.

As for my Falcons, Thank you for a GREAT SEASON. YOU NEVER QUIT!
Set your goals for later this year- another GNAC TITLE. (you just missed by 4 points)

deiscanton

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 01, 2020, 05:37:17 PM
Quote from: SpringSt7 on March 01, 2020, 05:28:41 PM

They will not host, regardless of capacity.

Existing gym at St. Joe's seats 342-- too small to host.  New expanded gym will get more seats, but the Bluejays are not in the top 2 in the regional rankings, so they travel next weekend.

Falcons 25

St. Joe`s is playing @ Springfield College? What a Joke! Tell me, the "powers to be" didn`t kiss Calhoun`s large ARSE!
I don`t ever want to hear that favorites aren`t played by the selection committee.

D3HoopJunkie

Falcons25, respectfully my friend, while I agree with your assessment here in the sense that it is a joke they received such a close draw. I don't exactly think Coach Calhoun has a lot of friends within the NCAA based on his past history and involvement with them. He's had a number of run in and conflicts over the years within the NCAA and he's been punished for those actions.

That being said, Albertus has 7 GNAC Championships over the last 10 years. 7!!!

Last three trips.....

2014-15 - Dickinson - 272 Miles
2016-17 - Rochester - 371 Miles
2018-19 - Christopher Newport - 478 Miles!

First trip ever for St. Josephs - Springfield - 30 Miles

jmcozenlaw

Which schools are joining the GNAC next season and who is departing? Thanks!

deiscanton

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on March 03, 2020, 10:18:45 AM
Which schools are joining the GNAC next season and who is departing? Thanks!

Suffolk is leaving for the Commonwealth Coast Conference at the end of the spring athletics season.

Dean joins GNAC in September-- First year as a full d3 member.  Dean is presently in the NECC.