FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMHB03, CRUmember and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

emma17

Quote from: CouchCru4life on December 20, 2013, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: couchcru11 on December 20, 2013, 10:01:11 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on December 20, 2013, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on December 20, 2013, 09:44:26 PM
Looks like the real national championship was played last week in Belton. UMHB should be ranked #2 in the final poll.   ;D
certainly makes me think UMHB missed a golden opportunity

I agree, but Toby said it (+k) , UMHB missed the opportunity. Next year will be a new story and, hopefully, a trip to Salem.

Looks like we will finish number 2 in the final poll again. After seeing this score last weeks game hurts that much more.

I'm glad UMHB earned the #2 ranking, it was deserved. 
I really don't know how to rank UMU, NCC and Linfield.  My natural reaction is to put Linfield 3rd, but that's simply because I saw them play. 

I do think there is a bit too much emphasis placed on the closeness of the UWW vs. UMHB game and projecting what would have happened based upon the 1-point difference.  Every team develops an opponent-specific game plan, but usually, the overall approach remains consistent. 
UWW vs. UMHB compared to UWW vs Mt are like watching two entirely different UWW offensive teams.   

The point is, the 1-point win doesn't necessarily mean UMHB would beat Mt or Linfield.  UWW made a very deliberate decision in how they would play UMHB in order to advance- and it worked out. 

By the way, UMHB was extremely physical.  I know that from watching the tape and talking with players.  I think similar to 2007- it really prepared UWW. 

olddog

MHB fans, a few questions.

What areas need to be shored up next season?

If DIAZ play do you all think you win ?

Lastly, outside of UWW (of course),  I think UR played you all the toughest in the play offs....Special teams and long interceptions just murdered ourselves.

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Ralph Turner

Just exactly how many D-1 QB's played high school ball in Texas?

Jerry Bawcom

True Crusader Fan !!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 03, 2014, 12:26:13 AM
Just exactly how many D-1 QB's played high school ball in Texas?
Quote from: Jerry Bawcom on January 03, 2014, 05:02:00 PM
Way too many go out of state!
Thanks for the comment.
My first question in this off-season discussion is how many non-Texas HS QB's have displaced a Texas HS QB at a Texas college (thru the first 3 QB's on the depth chart)?

D-1 FBS?
D-1 FCS?
D-2?
D-3?
NAIA?

I think that this speaks to how good of a job that the 7-on-7 teams in the state have done at developing talent at the skill positions.  We have so much talent, that we can supply that rest of the country with talent.

crufootball

Congrats to Coach Pete on his recent collection of National Coach of the Year awards from Liberty Mutual and American Football Monthly.

olddog

I see MHB can not find anyone to play them in the preseason except the Bulldogs. UR usually does a two year contract then moves on to another school. I sure hope UR and MHB resign.

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

@d3jason

Maybe they should play a D-I FCS program for a little guarantee money so they can upgrade their facilities.  ;)

jknezek

Quote from: @d3jason on January 24, 2014, 11:28:54 AM
Maybe they should play a D-I FCS program for a little guarantee money so they can upgrade their facilities.  ;)

Well played. +K.

umhbalum

McMurry withdrawing Div II bid and wants to return to Div III. Will honor athletic aid for tuition for two years as long as student is still playing.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: umhbalum on January 31, 2014, 03:22:08 PM
McMurry withdrawing Div II bid and wants to return to Div III. Will honor athletic aid for tuition for two years as long as student is still playing.

I find that decision fascinating, for sure. Not sure when they would be eligible for D-III playoffs again, or whether they would be welcomed to return to the ASC, or whether they would even want to apply to the ASC.

What a waste of time and money for an institution that really fits the Division III profile and should not have left.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AO

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 31, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

I find that decision fascinating, for sure. Not sure when they would be eligible for D-III playoffs again, or whether they would be welcomed to return to the ASC, or whether they would even want to apply to the ASC.

What a waste of time and money for an institution that really fits the Division III profile and should not have left.
Why wouldn't they be welcomed back to the ASC if they fit the D3 profile so well?

jknezek

Quote from: AO on January 31, 2014, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 31, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

Why wouldn't they be welcomed back to the ASC if they fit the D3 profile so well?

Because the combination of Miss College and McMurry leaving threw the ASC football AQ into doubt and probably left some bad feelings? Plus there might have been some issues about players their last spring season in the ASC possibly helping win some championships under D2 circumstances. Or simply because people don't like to be spurned and want to see some grovelling if they were to come back?

Pat Coleman

McMurry's departure for D-II and its relative success in the final year in Division III left so much of a bad taste in some people's mouths that Division III members passed new legislation last year because of it. I assume the ASC wants their football program, since I haven't heard anything new about the possibility of UT-Tyler football in some months and the ASC will not have an AQ in 2016 unless something changes.

They still might not have one in '16 even with McMurry. No idea whether McMurry would have to start a new four-year transition to D-III.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

crufootball

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 31, 2014, 03:44:59 PM
McMurry's departure for D-II and its relative success in the final year in Division III left so much of a bad taste in some people's mouths that Division III members passed new legislation last year because of it. I assume the ASC wants their football program, since I haven't heard anything new about the possibility of UT-Tyler football in some months and the ASC will not have an AQ in 2016 unless something changes.

They still might not have one in '16 even with McMurry. No idea whether McMurry would have to start a new four-year transition to D-III.

I would bet that due to the AQ situation the ASC is already calling saying "Welcome Back". As a fan I know I want to see them back because it gives us more people to play, heck with UMHB's schedule situation can we play next year?