FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshfb

Quote from: KitchenSink on March 25, 2013, 11:38:32 AM
Looks like 6 out of 8 schedules are posted for WIAC teams for 2013 (all except Oshkosh and Whitewater).

Going through the overall schedules, you can figure out Whitewater's conference schedule:

10/5 at LaCrosse
10/12 Stout
10/19 Eau Claire
10/26 at Oshkosh
11/2 Platteville
11/9 at Stevens Pt
11/16 River Falls

Any info on Non-Conf games yet?

UWO does kicks off our season at Central College on September 7th.
http://www.central.edu/athletics/football/schedule.cfm

9/7 @ Central College
9/14 TBD
9/21 TBD
9/28 TBD
10/5 @ Stout
10/12 vs La Crosse
10/19 @ River Falls
10/26 vs UWW
11/2 vs Stevens Point
11/9 @ Eau Claire
11/16 vs Plattville
"A GOOD leader makes you feel as though THEY can conquer the world. A GREAT leader makes you feel as though YOU can conquer the world."

retagent

HScoach

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

footballfan413

A huge congrats to Pat Coleman on his very special and much deserved award for his contributions to intercollegiant sports coverage!   :-*

http://www.cosida.com/news.aspx?id=4011#.UU3SrFj2ry0.facebook
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

retagent

I do expect some rationality from myself and others, but am not above just throwing things out there to elicit comments. As you said, I have gone in depth - as have others, both with me and against me  - on this, and don't feel the need to restate everything all the time.

As to your queary about why it doesn't translate into more championships, I did say it doesn't guarantee success. Just like the Yankees weren't winning Championships every year, even though it is widely acknowledged that they were able to spend the money that most others weren't. Will you argue that they didn't have an advantage? Be my guest.

Also, it would be interesting for someone to determine the percentage of Championships by public colleges, compared to the percentage of public colleges in the pool.

badgerwarhawk

You seem to be the one most interested in the topic retagent.  So have at it. ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: retagent on March 25, 2013, 06:35:28 PM
I do expect some rationality from myself and others, but am not above just throwing things out there to elicit comments. As you said, I have gone in depth - as have others, both with me and against me  - on this, and don't feel the need to restate everything all the time.

As to your queary about why it doesn't translate into more championships, I did say it doesn't guarantee success. Just like the Yankees weren't winning Championships every year, even though it is widely acknowledged that they were able to spend the money that most others weren't. Will you argue that they didn't have an advantage? Be my guest.

Also, it would be interesting for someone to determine the percentage of Championships by public colleges, compared to the percentage of public colleges in the pool.

So Ret- who are you saying is the Yankees?   :D

02 Warhawk

Out of curiosity....were you so interested in pursuing this topic back when Whitewater could barely finish .500 and St. John's were a national powerhouse?

02 Warhawk

Quote from: emma17 on March 25, 2013, 11:08:19 PM

The private school Mount Union  ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on March 25, 2013, 11:24:08 PM
Quote from: emma17 on March 25, 2013, 11:08:19 PM

The private school Mount Union  ;D

It will be fascinating to see what happens once Larry Kehres retires.  Is he a singular genius, or does the school have some sort of system that can at least nearly maintain his success for more than a couple of years (still his recruits)? ;)

I've thought of opening a thread on BEST coach (by sport) currently and EVER (either just d3 or any level).  The football thread doesn't seem to be the appropriate place since LK begins and ends the discussion (at least for d3, and IMO for any level).  (And I'm not even a UMU fan - but Fielding Yost, Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant, etc., all had some disqualifying problems.)

HScoach

^  Mount's advantage is Larry Kehres.   Nothing more, nothing less.    When he retires Mount will become Augustana.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

footballfan413

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on March 25, 2013, 11:11:20 PM

Out of curiosity....were you so interested in pursuing this topic back when Whitewater could barely finish .500 and St. John's were a national powerhouse?
Bingo....................   ::)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

retagent

Broaden your perspective beyond football in this area.

Again, why is this seen as an "attack"?

I will say it again, since it seems it's not getting through. An advantage does not "GUARANTEE" anything.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: retagent on March 26, 2013, 10:23:50 AM
Again, why is this seen as an "attack"?I will say it again, since it seems it's not getting through. An advantage does not "GUARANTEE" anything.

Gee...I don't know. Because you always can never seem to help yourself going out of the way to post things on this board like this:

QuoteWAKE UP!!

Congrats to the UWW Female B Ballers. However, in reading the article in the Kenosha News, it prompts me to open an old wound, and Beat a dead horse. all at the same time. The first two paragraphs read:

" Carthage Collegs women's basketball coach Tim Bernero really wanted former Central High School standout Abbie Reeves to play for him, and he also said Reeves felt the same way.
       But like with many things in life, finances often dictate decisions. The tuition difference between Carthage (a private school) and UW Whitewater (a public, state university) ultimately proved to be too much, especially considering that athletic scholarships aren't awarded at the NCAA Division III level."

Anecdotal, and not dispositive, to be sure, but it does conform to a dismissed theory discussed here before.

QuoteGee, Just think how different this would look if publiC Colleges had no advantage. ???

I suppose I to can scour the internet looking for claims where private schools have an advantage over public schools, and post my findings on the MIAC board.

And I highly doubt my findings will be taken lightly by our MIAC friends.

emma17

Quote from: HScoach on March 26, 2013, 06:52:00 AM
^  Mount's advantage is Larry Kehres.   Nothing more, nothing less.    When he retires Mount will become Augustana.

Similar to Larry Kehres being the Mt advantage, I wonder if Paul Plinske isn't perhaps the UWW advantage.
Ret (the Robin Hood of private institutions) I believe is referring to UWW's success across the athletic spectrum and it seems much of it has come during this AD's tenure.

Once Dr. Plinske lands the D1 job will UWW return to the athletic performance ranks of the typical private institution?