FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Zayas and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

@d3jason

Stopped by the site before the Wesley/UMHB game. Impressive progress so far and excited to see it completed and open in September.

On the other hand, I think all top Texas D-III recruits should check out other ASC schools, Trinity and Austin. You have enough good players.  ;D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: @d3jason on December 11, 2012, 10:59:58 AM
Stopped by the site before the Wesley/UMHB game. Impressive progress so far and excited to see it completed and open in September.

On the other hand, I think all top Texas D-III recruits should check out other ASC schools, Trinity and Austin. You have enough good players.  ;D
And another $10,000 per year at AC and Trinity.  You might get some help with financial aid on those, but I seriously wonder about that.

The look of the ASC and SCAC will change next year with TLU moving to the SCAC and Mississippi College moving to D-2.  There will be four SCAC schools, and I look for Centenary and Schreiner to consider football in the next few years. (I have been saying that for about 2-3 years, but college finances have really gotten tight.)

Ron Boerger

Austin:  98% of first-year students receive grant/scholarship aid, average of $19,900.  source
Trinity:  90% of first-year students receive grant aid, average of $17,500.  source
UMHB:  95% of first-year students receive grant/scholarship aid, average of $10,300.  source

So yes, a good percentage of the difference you mention is offset by financial aid.

Kelly Boggs

Great minds think alike, desertraider, it is a done deal.  8-) 
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Kelly Boggs

I hope everyone has a productive 2013. I'm really looking forward to the completion of The CRUthedral and UMHB's home opener against Wesley.

Up with the PURPLE!

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

crufootball

crufootball

The ASC was very well represented today at the Dream Bowl, with Undra Hendrix of HSU winning Defensive MVP and LiDarral Bailey of UMHB winning Offensive MVP. Their team, the Crusaders, won 37-0.

LaCollegeFan

Speaking of stadiums, LC will be receiving 55 million (i think) from the LBCA for various projects around the campus. Going to be interesting to see how much of that goes toward the completion of Wildcat Stadium.

Ron Boerger

As a result of a vote at last week's NCAA convention, MC will be ineligible for NCAA championships.  Any school reclassifying to D2 is no longer eligible; prior to the vote, schools in the first year of their switch were as long as any athletic scholarships were not assigned. 

crufootball

Quote from: LaCollegeFan on January 23, 2013, 02:26:56 PM
Speaking of stadiums, LC will be receiving 55 million (i think) from the LBCA for various projects around the campus. Going to be interesting to see how much of that goes toward the completion of Wildcat Stadium.

Wow that sounds like great news for the school. Is there a reason for the generous gift?

LaCollegeFan

Quote from: crufootball on January 23, 2013, 08:18:40 PM
Quote from: LaCollegeFan on January 23, 2013, 02:26:56 PM

Wow that sounds like great news for the school. Is there a reason for the generous gift?
Well I know the main project is to remodel the dorms, especially the women's, as they are upwards up 70 years old I believe I read somewhere-(maybe Mr. Boggs could give more accurate info.) However, I also recall reading that a portion of the money would go to building locker rooms for both Home and Visiting teams, as well as restrooms, etc. for Wildcat Stadium.

Ron Boerger

Of historical interest:  Hal Mumme has stepped down at McMurry, no future plans announced.  OC Miller will take over as FB coach there.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/jan/25/just-hal-mumme-resigns-mcmurrys-football-coach/

Kelly Boggs

Concerning LC: The college has launched a capital campaign with the goal of raising $50 million. In that $50 million there is money earmarked for completion of the stadium. However, it is money that must be raised and not a gift from the LBC. At its annual meeting in November, the LBC voted to allow LC to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC specifically for $12 million which is part of the $50 million total. The $12 million is designated for renovation and repair of campus housing/infrastructure.

To recap in an effort to make more clear: $38 million of the $50 million, which must be raised, is for various campus projects which will include new housing, renovation of the basketball facility, completion of the stadium, etc... $12 million of the $50 million is specifically for repair/remodeling of campus housing. Per a vote at the LBC annual meeting, LC is allowed to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC in an effort to raise the $12 million.

I hope this helps, but if it is still about as clear as mud, I do understand. : )

ecrugger

Don't be surprised to see Mumme become the OC at FCS James Madison.