MBB: USA South Conference

Started by CNU85, March 16, 2005, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnu85

speaking of looks - who is that girl that brings you Pepsi to the scorers table every game? Tell her I like regular Pepsi and a bag of plain m&m's...I'm in section C..last row..near Lou, the camera guru!

narch

Quote from: cnu85 on January 30, 2006, 02:24:30 PM
speaking of looks - who is that girl that brings you Pepsi to the scorers table every game? Tell her I like regular Pepsi and a bag of plain m&m's...I'm in section C..last row..near Lou, the camera guru!

'85 - that's at least the 2nd reference you've made to this young lady...i think someone's got a crush :)...someone post a pic so i can determine if she's all that...

captj - thanks for the chart...you knew i'd love that - it's interesting data...you have to wonder if the travel (at least 600 round trip miles more than any other conference team in conference games) has anything to do with the high differential between home and road winning % for su

i'll have my first half all-conf selections up by wednesday...pretty busy right now, but i'm dedicated :)

cnu85

Narch - 2 different ladies..I think...I dunno...I'm old and I sit in the last row. For both of those reasons I have a crush on a lot of 'em!! Captj came to visit me yesterday...we had to call EMS for oxygen!

I think you could be right about the differential for SU....never thought about it before. It's gotta be tough for them to make road trips. And also tough for the teams that have to come from NC and do the CNU/SU weekend!

cnufan

Are you talking about the young lady who came and gave me a water yesterday at the game, the one who's arm is in a sling from her torn labrum surgery?? If thats who you are talking about, she's a student-intern in the Athletic Communications Department! And dont hate!!

PS If your looking for oxygen, one row in front of Captj and one section to your left sits an EMT for the NNFD. Im sure Tony, who is always talking so much smack to the refs, will be able to assist your oxygen needs.

cnu85

I don't need the oxygen..it was Captj .....too much President's room food and not enuff climbing the stairs!

cnu85

Goose,

you making the road trip tomorrow?

captj

Quote from: cnu85 on January 30, 2006, 03:31:08 PM
I don't need the oxygen..it was Captj .....too much President's room food and not enuff climbing the stairs!

Hey!  I represent that remark!

captj

Quote from: cnu85 on January 30, 2006, 01:46:23 PM
Captj...on your road trip mileage info...shouldn't you include the mileage for the return trip home?

I didn't include the return trip because by then the games are over and therefore that leg of the journey doesn't influence their play.  When you're well over 6' as most basketball players are, it's not exactly "recovery time" on that bus, but it won't influence how you play in your next game (unless you play again on Monday or Tuesday... maybe).

cnufan

85-
   I will officially be in Shingleton for the game that is on Wednesday. I wouldnt miss it for the world!! I love Funchester!!

cnu85

Captj - maybe the return trip "fun" is in the back of the player's minds???

cnu85

Goose - I knew it was Wednesday...today seemed so long I thought it was Tuesday already. That must be a rough one day trip...up and back. But then again, you're younger than me! Does Tommasino take you to dinner up there?

captj

Quote from: cnu85 on January 30, 2006, 01:46:23 PM
I've looked at the info, and tried to draw some conclusions. There are too many variables. You would have to take your info, plus the stuff that Narch did earlier and figure it all out. How good is the team that is travelling, how far do they travel,  who are the opponents and how good are they and even -  how good are they at home, etc.

We don't need to draw conclusions.  It was only offered for discussion and for entertainment value.  Please don't require a conclusion or narch will come up with another formula, and we don't want to go there again. ;D

But since narch probably can't resist, I call dibs on naming it this time.  Lets call it the RWDDI (Road Warrior Double Down Index).  Phonetically speaking it's the ROWDY!

cnu85

I'm thinking about a Styx tune right now, Captj...

"Too much time on my hands"

narch

captj - that's funny...here is 1/2 season pvr calculations for top 15 players in the usasac

PLAYER- TEAM - PVR
HALL - NCWC - 47.3
BERG - GC - 39
ARRINGTON - NCWC    - 38.7
LAWRENCE - SU - 37.76
THOMAS - MC - 36.7

BLASSINGAME - CNU - 34.4
DELEON - AU - 31.6
RAY - FC - 31.55
BARTON - CNU - 29.85
NEWMAN - GC - 29.3

WILLIAMS - AU - 28.3
GRANT - MC - 27.7
MCDUFFIE - GC - 27.55
ROMEO - CNU - 26.4
LEWIS - CNU - 25.55

as a reminder - PVR is calculated as such

(ppg+rpg+spg)*1.5 + (apg+bpg)*2 - (topg)*1.5 = PVR

this IS NOT necessarily my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team...just the statistical evaluation of each player and his contribution to his team

cnu85

Interesting how the top CNU guys are Freshman! It could be a long 4 years for conf opps.