WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

Since it is past the first of June. I say either Geno Auriemma or Tara Vanderveer will be the next Lady Royals coach.lol

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on June 03, 2019, 05:51:13 PM
Since it is past the first of June. I say either Geno Auriemma or Tara Vanderveer will be the next Lady Royals coach.lol

We need a Pennsylvanian - either Geno or Muffet McGraw.

saratoga

I think they need to appoint the new coach pretty soon if for no other reason than to take over the women's twitter account.

The last entry was Trevor wishing everyone a Happy Easter.

It's probably a good time for some updating.

Rofrog

We should have a Coach soon-I say Mike Strong comes out of Retirement.He did a great job at the All Star game at the Final 4.I just hope coach is picked soon and Recruits are not introduced at a party in October.Im so glad Coach Danzig gives his incoming players in the summer and not a month before the season starts . great job Coach Danzig .The Royals and Lady Royals will be both top 15 teams this year Ladies bring a ton back and so does Coach Danzing!!@@

NEPAFAN

Hey Ro :

I was just coming on to post, i am sure the decision has been made, it just isn't public yet.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Tim the Enchanter

Well, Phil Martelli is now off the table.  He checked off the Pennsylvania, Jesuit and D3 playing boxes.  :)

ronk

Phil's son was on the Scranton bball team his frosh year then Xferred to Dickinson, presumably for lack of playing time.

Rofrog

Yes Phil is at Michigan with Juwan Howard great pickup for such a young Coach!!

Tim the Enchanter

I worked in admissions at the U when Jimmy Martelli was being recruited there.  There was a Jesuit High School basketball tournament in the Long Center where I got to see him and Roy Hibbert, among others, play.  Got to see several DI coaches, including Phil, in the crowd.

Royals81

Thought I saw white smoke in the distance. 
Turned out to be just a smoldering culm bank off Interstate 81 between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. ;)

Tim the Enchanter

And I thought all of the smoke would be coming from Centralia  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia%2C_Pennsylvania

ronk

I think they're waiting for papal intervention - Pope Francis(the Jesuit) choosing infallibly(ex cathedra); it's going to take that to  succeed Mike Strong and Trevor Woodruff.   ;)

Rofrog

Rofrog

Truly how blessed we were to have Coach Strong as the coach of The Lady Royals that long and the greatness he brought to the program ).Yes (Sue Serafina,Deanna Klingman) Did a great job also then (Trevor Woodruff) Stepped in and picked up and did a great job for his time here.So we are on to our 7th coach in school history.So whoever it is they have a very big show to fill( Wish them the best)especially with the team coming back.Like I said Strong left Trevor with a great team and Trevor left this coach with a great team.So to the next coach the sky is the limit you stepped in to onehell of a program and best of luck.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is funny to see all the Scranton fans restless for a hire ... we are in the infant stages of the process compared to the process it took to get Trevor hired. You guys ultimately seemed to think that was just fine. Relax LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.