WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmfan

The last two times HSU and McM met in tournament play, in 2000 in the post season, and last year in the ASC tournament, the team that won was too spent to win the following day's game.  The question this year is whether history will repeat for the third time.
Alacumba!

oldmcmalum

Thanks for the help regarding the ASC honors, fanstand.  I did not know the voting took place before the tourney. 

I certainly agree about the contributions of the other teammates.  They are all supreme, but I thought the high scorer usually takes the honors.  Back in the sticks where I am from, during the dark ages, our high school coach gave an award for most assists, not most points! (I might add that he won big time and was national high school coach of the year.) So, Symbri gets lots of applause from me.

To the entire Lady Indians team, you make this old alum mighty proud! 

sethhpu

On the MVP discussion, Meia is more valuable to her team than Tara. If you take Tara away you still have a team that will compete, not saying HPU wouldn't without Meia, but HPU would definetly be hurting. Just my take.
Defense wins championships

Ralph Turner

Quote from: sethhpu on March 01, 2006, 07:53:19 PM
On the MVP discussion, Meia is more valuable to her team than Tara. If you take Tara away you still have a team that will compete, not saying HPU wouldn't without Meia, but HPU would definetly be hurting. Just my take.

Seth, I agree!

As I review my in-game notes, I am reminded by the numerous contributions by everyone this year.  We had depth demonstrate itself competently as never before.

By the end of the season, McMurry has become a very solid 12-13 players lineup.  The younger players have matured very nicely.

Travel safely HPU fans, good luck against one of our favorite foes, TU!

dballa

Will tickets for Saturday's game be sold earlier and at different locations or will it be first come first serve for that day?  Also how soon will the doors be open to get into the gym on Saturday?

I'm sure a lot of people are wondering how tickets will be handled for that day.

mcm_sid

Buy them at the gate Saturday. Here's the link to the tournament web site that I'll be updating as the tournament goes along. http://www.mcm.edu/athletics/ncaatourney

Ralph Turner

Pat Coleman

Quote from: thejungle on February 27, 2006, 11:12:29 AM
P.S.  If you want a copy of the brackets that looks like the DI version go here:

http://www.ncaasports.com/ (remainder deleted)

Was there a problem with ours? They were available on the front page at that time of day.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

mcmfan

No last-minute speculation about the matchups this weekend?  I'd think HPU would be looking forward to revenge on TU after TU knocked them out of the playoffs last year in Brownwood, and McM and HSU always love to beat up on each other.  What do the TU fans think about things here?  Are any coming?
Alacumba!

Ron Boerger

I would have made the trip except that I have a concert in Sherman tomorrow and dress rehearsal tonight.  Trinity should have a shot tonight - they are used to travelling, after all - but asking the young team to win in a decidedly hostile environment might be a bit much.  I would have felt better had the women been able to pull of the upset of DePauw.   Both times TU played DPU, they had the game tied down the stretch but could not get that last stop to win. 

Whatever the case, safe travels and safe games to all involved. 

Here is the Abilene Reporter-News writeup on HPU-Trinity (not much), as well as a story from the Brownwood Bulletin
Here is the ARN writeup for HSU and another for McMurry.

I would provide you the same from the San Antonio Express-News, except for the fact there isn't anything. 

calhsu

I'm back from Turkey.   I did watch returns but could not post reactions.   The lost to ETBU was ugly,  and no excues,  but I really think the team has not recovered emotionally.  Getting into the tournament really blew my mind.  Last years team was much better and was left home.  Getting was totally from past records.   Tonight,  well MCM has been on a roll,  it is theirs to lose.   The fact that it is at HSU could help the Cowgirls.    To be totally honest as long as Trinity doesn't come out as the best DIII school and I will be satistfied.   
I'm just so happy to be on a keyboard that I understand.  The Turkish keyboard were a real trick to deal with.

calhsu

Before anyone gets crazy on me I see that they are playing at MCM,  which makes sense because they have earned it,  even if it is a terrible gym for college level.

thejungle

Pat,
     There was nothing wrong with your brackets...I thought people would like to have a copy that looks like the one we fill out for the 'office pool' in March.
     I later noticed that you had a link up for them.
     Keep up the good work!

Pat Coleman

I hate to send people to NCAA$ports.com for anything if I can avoid it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ron Boerger

HPU is broadcasting the game.

30-25 HPU with 4 minutes left in the half.  HPU has 22 FTs already to 6 by Trinity.