FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you Kidding

Quote from: TBaggins on September 23, 2007, 05:19:03 PM

This guy is so pathetic it's hilarious!

Boo hoo, I feel slighted by Jon Cooper because I wasn't taken seriously when I was at Benedictine so I have an axe to grind. My self-esteem is so low, and the PBR I use to drink myself to sleep every night does nothing to help so I think I'll post on this message board. Maybe...just maybe someone out there will listen to me and hate Jon Cooper as much as I do (sniffle, sniffle).  Oh the pain, the agony! Whoa is me!

Dude, seriously you're about as pathetic as they come. You're not going to find anyone here to validate your personal beefs with Jon Cooper. Yeah, Benedictine may look bad right now but they also have more kids out for the team than they have in any recent time. I know you think the team you were affiliated with (all 16 of you) were so much better but that's just the PBR talkin. The team is young, they have a freshman quarterback who was thrust into the role in the last minute but they're going to come around. They're probably not going to win the conference but so what, the program is still headed in the right direction.

But hey I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Keep crying into your beer and posting your anti-Cooper diatribes on the board, they're hilarious. The best part is picturing you sitting at the computer in your underwear, your gut hanging onto the keyboard which is soaked with PBR and tears.

I'm afraid you are mistaken, but I have no affiliation with Benedictine. Do I know some former players and former coaches? Yep. Do I also know former players and coaches from just about about every team in the conference? Yep.

But, using a defense mechanism of projecting your feelings/experiences of the"16"  person teams Benedictine had is pretty sad.  It's obvious you were part of those teams, and even more, it would be very easy to figure out who you are based on that alone. It's just too bad that you sat on the worst Benedictine team in the school's history. I mean, I guess it's good in a way that you were not part of the school's black mark in history...but then again, what does it say about you if you weren't even good enough to start on it? I'll make a couple of phone calls, as it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are. Like you said, there were only 16 players on that team, right? Now that we've identified that you are a former Benedictine player, let's move on.

Stop making excuses for Cooper. This will be his 3rd losing season. That's the most consecutive losing seasons for a BU coach in a very long time.  But blame it on the QB situation, blame it on the young guys, blame it on everything you possibly can blame it on...except who is really to blame: the head coach. Either he's not recruiting well or he's not coaching well. It's one or the other (or both). And please don't mention the numbers he has brought in. If they can't perform, they are numbers and nothing more.

Quote from: TBaggins on September 23, 2007, 05:48:32 PM
By the way AYKM, everyone knows you've been making these same posts on the board for 3 years now under various monikers (Fat Pongo). So what's even more pathetic is the fact that your time spent here in 3 years surpasses the time you've spent doing any other activity during the same period. Maybe you need to try harder to get laid? I hear nudie magazines don't really love you back.

Again, I'm afraid you are mistaken. I'm guessing a poster has a similar opinion of me, and yet because of it I am associated with him? That's great logic. You must be a Benedictine alum.

Your closing statement regarding magazines and getting laid further proves your idiocy. Are you out of eligibility? If not, I heard Benedictine needs some more "numbers," something perfect for a scrub like yourself.

Are you Kidding

Quote from: 79jaybird on September 23, 2007, 02:24:25 PM
Areyou kidding- seems like either a disgruntled father, player, a former coach, perhaps somebody who was passed over for the Benedictine job.
I don't look at the Benedictine/CUC game as a "Whoa the Eagles lost" rather "Hey Concordia's program is starting to put together some wins." Give Coach Pries and the Cougars some credit.  It was not that long ago CUC was 1-9, 2-7 etc. and with the new regime they have started to put together more wins.  They may not be high-octane teams, but you have to start somewhere.

I still think it is too early to point the finger at Jon Cooper and cry for a new coach.
At Elmhurst, Tom Journell went 4-6 in his first year.  Did we call for his axe? No of course not.  He has put together 6-4 (could easily have been 7-3) campaigns and slowly the EC program is getting better.

Again, it's not 100% coaching, the players have to execute on the field and make plays also.

None of the above, but let's continue.

Hey, kudos to CURF. I'm glad they have finally found the right coach for their program. They've gone through some rough stretches, but finally they are making a name for themselves in the conference.

But, you can only give so much praise to teams. At one point, you have to identify the bad teams. CURF may be "better" than they used to be, but they aren't good yet. They are still a bottom tier team. Benedictine lost to them, so that makes them worse.

And there's a big difference between Journell and Cooper, so don't put them in the same category. Going 6-4 at Elmhurst college is a bit more impressive than going from 3-7 to 4-6 in a toilet conference. Plus, in your third year, starting out 1-3 with basically no possible way to win more than 3 games all year. I call that the opposite of progress.

If you can't go .500 by your 3rd year in the IBC, it's time to find a new job, whether you do it on your own or it's decided for you.

baseman201

Old 40-

Actually Fartcus never said that CUC would beat Lakeland by 14, that was 7400 who was banned from the forums, which is why none of us have heard from him lately.

Fatal-

I guess what I was getting at was that CUC would surprise one of the 4 top teams in the conference, I didn't really mean they would finish 1st or anything like that......but you never know right..... ;D

And I am sorry to those of you who had the first 3 picks in fantasy football this year.  I assume you either have Tomlinson, Johnson or Jackson.  And for that I am sorry.

Aw well, just trying to take up some time.

FatalImpact

I see baseman.....I see

AYK, if you have no affiliation with BU and honestly you have no idea, why do you care...The way I see it you're getting second hand or even thrid hand info which is sketchy....Your arguements are week, bring something to the table or shut up
Aurora Football 24/7 365

Are you Kidding

Quote from: FatalImpact on September 24, 2007, 11:25:04 PM
AYK, if you have no affiliation with BU and honestly you have no idea, why do you care...The way I see it you're getting second hand or even thrid hand info which is sketchy....Your arguements are week, bring something to the table or shut up

Please. You know my statements regarding Cooper are factual.

If "bring something to the table or shut up" is all you have, then I'm afraid you should leave.

FatalImpact

Quote from: Are you Kidding on September 25, 2007, 12:42:06 AM
Quote from: FatalImpact on September 24, 2007, 11:25:04 PM

Please. You know my statements regarding Cooper are factual.

If "bring something to the table or shut up" is all you have, then I'm afraid you should leave.

I know MY statements are factual.....I played in this conference and watch it on a weekly basis.....You have said you don't look at or more or less care about IBFC football, you have no factual basis and you spout your opinion and say its fact, You know I'm right and I'm inclined to agree that this is most likely Fat Pongo.....Welcome back
Aurora Football 24/7 365

TBaggins

Quote from: Are you Kidding on September 24, 2007, 09:47:05 PM

I'm guessing a poster has a similar opinion of me

Yes Pongo, indeed there are many posters that have a similar opinion of you...the opinion that you are a pathetic douchebag who loves attention on message boards because he can't get through normal human contact.

And further, I think I finally get it. You have an "unnatural" love for Jon Cooper that you just can't seem reconcile. You try to supress that love as much as you can, and hide it by making these posting, but you still can't shake it. It keeps you up at night. It's ok Pongo, you can come out of the closet, nobody will make fun of you.

FalconsFootball

I don't think anyone should be "guaranteeing" wins this early on; or down the road for that matter.  Remember, thats why you play the game.  I'm tired of everyone "guarnteeing" things in football whether it be the NFL, College, whatever.  There are no guarantees, that's why the game is so beautiful.  Even if it is EC.  I was on a team that handled pretty much everyone in the conference and went to EC's slanted field and won 7-6  when no one would have thought that was possible. 

As a great coach of mine said "Take them lightly after you beat them".  Yeah, there are teams you should stomp every year; but don't talk about it until after you do it.  Thats what winning programs do.

Fartcus Smellwood

Quote from: falcsfb on September 25, 2007, 11:23:52 AM
I don't think anyone should be "guaranteeing" wins this early on; or down the road for that matter.  Remember, thats why you play the game.  I'm tired of everyone "guarnteeing" things in football whether it be the NFL, College, whatever.  There are no guarantees, that's why the game is so beautiful.  Even if it is EC.  I was on a team that handled pretty much everyone in the conference and went to EC's slanted field and won 7-6  when no one would have thought that was possible. 

As a great coach of mine said "Take them lightly after you beat them".  Yeah, there are teams you should stomp every year; but don't talk about it until after you do it.  Thats what winning programs do.

Very good post and its the truth. Baseman...I see that you are becoming a believer again? Gaining that confidence back into our system for conference play? I like seeing it...and he is right, I never said I guarantee CUC beats Lakeland by 14 but I am sure you meant no harm by it Old 40. Its all good. :P
But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

bufan

Wow, some tension on here.  I do not know who AYKM is but again, having played under all 3 coaches I would say cooper prepares very hard.  If you have looked at the numbers the defense isnt bad, they are on the field alot, resulting in the lopsided stats.  Not saying it shouldnt be better, but the offesne is abysmal.  Maybe action in that area is required, not necessarily the head coach.  FYI, there are only 6 players that played for Murray, Mitchell, and Cooper.  So AYKM is not one of them.

However, a couple years ago, BU did beat CUC with only like 34 players dressed.  That is not to rub anything in but we always said to ourselves as players, what if we had 100 guys on the team, we would be pretty decent.  Well i think we saw the result of that last saturday.  Big numbers does not necessarily translate into wins.

It does appear CUC will go 3-0 t start conference.  They looked pretty good and the QB weeks did not even play due to injury.  I think they can beat EC and mac which would be substancial progress.  They do look different then past CUC team i will admit.

catch22

Tell me this is not true!  I heard mac does not have an trainer, and coaches are taping ankles.  You guys deserve better treatment than that.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

mac_5_seven

Quote from: catch22 on September 25, 2007, 03:14:39 PM
Tell me this is not true!  I heard mac does not have an trainer, and coaches are taping ankles.  You guys deserve better treatment than that.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

I heard this as well Catch 22, pretty sad.... 

baseman201

Fartcus-

Actually I always had faith, I just picked BU over CUC to get them going a little bit, did it work?  I was actually thinking about picking Eureka to win this week and try to accomplish the same thing.  But I figured you would be on to me if I did that.

Falc-

Yeah, well said I agree as well, no one knows what the slanted field has in store for opposing teams.  Some say trailer park Billy Bobs grandfather is buried underneath the field and makes a small hump toward one of the endzones........but it's just a legend of course.........

WhatDoIKnow

AYKM,

It appears you know it all and thus I would like to know who are your top candidates to replace Jon Cooper and how you would turn the program around.

But before we get to read another disertation, please keep in mind the following:

When Jeff Hand arrived at BU in 98 and became the HC for the 99 and 00 seasons, BU had not posted back to back winning seasons since 88 and 89.  When Hand put the program in a tough situation by leaving in the summer of 01, BU out of necessity turned to Murray and his dismal track record at Dubuque.  Murray left the program after the 02 season to sell supplements and BU turned to Mitchell and his poor track records at St Joseph HS (13-23) and NC (8-12 as an asst & RECRUITING COORDINATOR).  Mitchell was fired following the 04 season when it was obvious the program had taken another step back with their record, talent and numbers.

Since such time, BU hired Jon Cooper based on his track record as a DC at AU and built an athletic facility, which Augie, Wheaton, Elmhurst, IWU, Carthage, CUW, Chicago, North Park, CUC, etc., has or built as well.  Cooper made progress in his first two seasons despite truly having only on recruiting class (his sophomores).  I can understand your frustation with the 07 season (2 blowouts and a loss to CUC).  I don't understand how anyone can expect to have a successful year record wise when you turn to young players to make-up most of your team.

The only change I would make would be at the OC position.  Like BUs previous HCs, how can you expect a coach with a dismal track record as a HC/Coordinator to lead a group of young players and help BU take the next step.  I am not asking BUs offense to score 50 pts a game, but they do need to sustain drives rather than going 3 and out.  3 and outs only lead to short fields for the opposition and puts your defense on the field for a majority of the game.  The OC needs to come up with a game plan to utilize the talent they have to put together a ball control offense, which will give them the opportunity to sustain drives, score points, win the battle of field position and keep the defense of the field and give them a chance to be successful. 

I believe the last two years, BU has done such with the offense, which allowed them to make progress.  I would give Cooper 2 more years to allow his Freshmen and Sophomores to become Juniors and Seniors before making a change if they can't make further progress.  BU without the tradition obviously, is in a similar situation as its D1 brother in South Bend:  multiple coaches with average or poor track records in multiple years leads to a lack of upper classman, which equates to poor records.  Making a change now only sets both programs back further.

formerd3db

WDYK:

As an outsider, please allow me to contribute this general comment.  I think your opinions on progress in programs is right on.  That constant change "track record" hindered Olivet College (MI) for years until the last decade.  Although they've had a difficult time in the "W" column over their almost 120 year history of football, they have made great progress in the last decade or so.  There was a time for awhile where they were contantly changing coaches every 2-5 years and when that happens, as you say, it is difficult to build the program.  Bringing in 50+ kids a year only to lose a big majority of them after two years when a head coach left (excluding the "natural attrition" that would occur anyway in any recruiting class of student-athletes) just kept setting the program backwards, or "going nowhere".  So at least they have improved the program tremendously (with also the help of improving the college itself in many ways) and have "stopped the bleeding" so to speak, I think? ;D ??? ;)  Just thought I'd contribute some general comments on the general discussion.  Thanks.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice