Cortaca Jug 2012

Started by Bombers798891, November 03, 2012, 10:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you looking forawrd to most this weekend?

Grastorf fumbling every time
1 (7.7%)
Mike Welch emerging from the locker room, hitting Dan MacNeil over the head with a steel chair, and standing over his prone body
3 (23.1%)
Seeing the 17 quarterbacks Cortland will go through during the game
3 (23.1%)
The fact that Cortland will probably win the game regardless of the above fact
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 14, 2012, 03:37:50 PM

Bombers798891

Figured I'd get it started. When everyone's done trading insults (hopefully mid-week) I'll step back in for some game chatter. Best of luck to both teams (but especially the Bombers!)

cstate19

Can I start the bitching and moaning about how some freshman who will get too drunk and not show up is guaranteed a ticket but alumni who care about the game might potentially be left out?

Bombers798891

Quote from: cstate19 on November 03, 2012, 11:57:12 PM
Can I start the bitching and moaning about how some freshman who will get too drunk and not show up is guaranteed a ticket but alumni who care about the game might potentially be left out?

Of course. This is what I hate about Cortaca. It's dominated by people who don't care about the game and leaves the true fans on the sideline.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: cstate19 on November 03, 2012, 11:57:12 PM

Don't be too harsh cstate19.  Your mom was that drunk freshman at one time.

(That's right.  I started this one off with a mom joke)

TheEnforcer

Ah, it's been a while.

I haven't been to an actual Cortaca Jug game in a long time, precisely because of the drunk freshmen mentioned below as well as the Cortland fans who were showing up every year waving a gay pride flag that had IC embroidered into it. Every year I got into some sort of altercation with them and I decided to just quit going before I actually got into trouble. It just stopped being fun for me. The parties are actually a lot more fun - we started Cortacapital in DC, and this year will be my first Cortacal. You meet a lot of alums and everyone has a good time.
I BELIEVE

"IT'S A BOMBER" - motorhead

Yanks 99

I wonder how many Cortaca babies there are out there?
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

finger lake

Does anyone have a line on the game?

Bombers798891

Quote from: finger lake on November 05, 2012, 02:06:21 PM

Are you referring to a point spread, or an actual analysis?

If Ithaca's starting QB doesn't play (he left the Hartwick game due to injury) I'd think Cortland would be a two touchdown favorite at this point.

cstate19

Ithaca students have been buying lines for Cortaca with Mom and Dad's money for a long time.

cstate19

Quote from: TheEnforcer on November 05, 2012, 11:21:41 AM
Ah, it's been a while.

I haven't been to an actual Cortaca Jug game in a long time, precisely because of the drunk freshmen mentioned below as well as the Cortland fans who were showing up every year waving a gay pride flag that had IC embroidered into it. Every year I got into some sort of altercation with them and I decided to just quit going before I actually got into trouble. It just stopped being fun for me. The parties are actually a lot more fun - we started Cortacapital in DC, and this year will be my first Cortacal. You meet a lot of alums and everyone has a good time.

I have gone with my father every year except one since I was a freshman in 2003.  I have progressed from being the drunk student to the adult who finds drunk students amusing to now being an adult who is annoyed by the drunk students.  I have heard that the parties in NYC and other areas surrounded by alumni are fun.  My wife watched in NYC last year and will be doing the same again this year.  I love going to a football game and tailgaiting with Pops but each year we have debated going and putting up with the nonsense. 

The deciding factor this year seems to be the tickets.  Thanks to family and friends we have always been able to score as many as we need but this year seems to be a struggle.  Students who have no interest in the game and are getting their free ticket and scalping them for $35 - $75.  I know I will be able to grab some that morning for $5-$10 but the whole process is becoming increasingly frustrating. 

Bombers798891

Quote from: cstate19 on November 05, 2012, 04:50:38 PM

Ithaca students have been buying lines for Cortaca with Mom and Dad's money for a long time.

Of course it's mom and dad's money. Our parents are proud of our college choice. Who wants to get a bank statement reminding them they paid money for a child to get an "education" at Cortland?

Bombers798891

Quote from: cstate19 on November 05, 2012, 04:57:19 PM
Students who have no interest in the game and are getting their free ticket and scalping them for $35 - $75.  I know I will be able to grab some that morning for $5-$10 but the whole process is becoming increasingly frustrating.

I seriously hate fake Cortaca fans. Really infuriating. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that nonsense. But enjoy the game anyway

pg04

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 05, 2012, 07:58:39 PM

Of course it's mom and dad's money. Our parents are proud of our college choice. Who wants to get a bank statement reminding them they paid money for a child to get an "education" at Cortland?

Didn't you say you weren't going to to post until the bashing was over  :P

Jonny Utah

Is this the part where I apologize for my parents having jobs?

Bombers798891

Quote from: pg04 on November 05, 2012, 08:09:09 PM

Didn't you say you weren't going to to post until the bashing was over  :P

Yeah, but then I remembered only Jonny and I are actually left from the IC side of things, so if I didn't post it'd be a pretty lame board