FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

they also announced yesterday they're replacing the grass field on Carp Wood, but with new grass.

Jonny Utah

I see a Ithaca DC Mike Toerper took a defensive assistant job with Holy Cross.....

Bartman

Someone said we need to get rid of the Corona to play in the Fall, so I've been drinking as much as possible but, damn they keep restocking it. The sacrifices we make for football ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Bartman on March 19, 2020, 05:01:38 PM
Someone said we need to get rid of the Corona to play in the Fall, so I've been drinking as much as possible but, damn they keep restocking it. The sacrifices we make for football ;D

You're a good man!  Corona has been hard hit by those beer drinkers too dumb to realize that Corona beer has nothing to do with the coronavirus!  (Corona is what my wife usually orders when we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant [I'm a Modela man myself]; last time we went I teased her whether she had guts enough to order Corona - she did.) 

Oline89

+K Bartman, well played! Cheers

Bartman

+k to Mr. Yipsi and Oline for keeping the Board active.....a virtual beer for you ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

UfanBill

A story from the Albany "Times Union" by Mark Singelais quotes Union coach Jeff Behrman and RPI's Ralph Isernia...https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/College-teams-adjust-to-no-spring-football-15140620.php

I'll have one of those beers, Bartman.  ;D
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

Quote from: UfanBill on March 23, 2020, 04:08:31 PM
A story from the Albany "Times Union" by Mark Singelais quotes Union coach Jeff Behrman and RPI's Ralph Isernia...https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/College-teams-adjust-to-no-spring-football-15140620.php

I'll have one of those beers, Bartman.  ;D
Ufan, +k for football update in the Cap region. As long as you keep firing the canon, no beers for you, too dangerous ;)
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Hey Bartman, hoping you'll have consumed all that Corona by pre-season...hoping to see you still standin' on Sept. 5 in Mayberry!

+K
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on March 24, 2020, 04:48:00 PM

Hey Bartman, hoping you'll have consumed all that Corona by pre-season...hoping to see you still standin' on Sept. 5 in Mayberry!

+K
Pep,
    I would love to be in Mayberry to start the season, but Bartman is concerned that social distancing and the six foot splits on the line and virtual tackling might take something away from the game, although I noticed that Allegany County only has 2 cases of Corona....you must have been drinking and partying so much in your county to only have 2 cases left.....so with such progress in fighting the virus in Mayberry, I think it is looking good for a real Saxon-Statesmen game if we stay focused....Only about 5 months to go, we can do this!....Keep drinking  to eliminate  Corona and play real football this Fall  ;D

Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

UfanBill

Since we all have time I thought I'd present this:  In 1983 the Union College Dutchmen met Augustana, Illinois in the Stagg Bowl for the National Championship. The game was part of Wide World of Sports on ABC. The video and sound are excellent.

To view the First half...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yC3Qj5QcVs

And the Second...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcNkEIOjP4c

Union held a 10-7 halftime lead but Augustana went on to win 21-17. the first of their four straight championships.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Jonny Utah

Quote from: UfanBill on March 28, 2020, 06:07:47 PM
Since we all have time I thought I'd present this:  In 1983 the Union College Dutchmen met Augustana, Illinois in the Stagg Bowl for the National Championship. The game was part of Wide World of Sports on ABC. The video and sound are excellent.

To view the First half...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yC3Qj5QcVs

And the Second...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcNkEIOjP4c

Union held a 10-7 halftime lead but Augustana went on to win 21-17. the first of their four straight championships.

Watching now.  Union's I formation versus the Wing T of Augustana.  Union goes up 10-0 early.

Oline89

Any LL seniors getting any interest from an NFL team?  Nobody from this year's Hobart class...

ITH radio

Had heard that Joe G was considering playing overseas but that's likely scrapped given the current environment. Really not a lot of prospects in this senior class but I could see some in the Class of 2021 at a few of the LL schools.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on March 27, 2020, 08:41:26 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on March 24, 2020, 04:48:00 PM

+K

Pep,
    I would love to be in Mayberry to start the season, but Bartman is concerned that social distancing and the six foot splits on the line and virtual tackling might take something away from the game, although I noticed that Allegany County only has 2 cases of Corona....you must have been drinking and partying so much in your county to only have 2 cases left.....so with such progress in fighting the virus in Mayberry, I think it is looking good for a real Saxon-Statesmen game if we stay focused....Only about 5 months to go, we can do this!....Keep drinking  to eliminate  Corona and play real football this Fall  ;D

At last count, there are 9 cases of Corona in Allegany County, someone must have smuggled a few more cases over the Steuben County line...noticed that the Hobart-Alfred clash will be a Friday Night (under the) Lights event in Yunevich Stadium. Kickoff at 7 p.m....at the start of the Sabbath.

Told Pep's Pops of the night game, suggesting "like the good old days" but the 92-year-old youngster, a Saxon follower since September 1937, who was given six months to live by a VA Hospital ER doctor in March 2019, said he wasn't thrilled with a night game...means he'll need to stay up past his bedtime.

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!