East Region Playoff Discussion

Started by pg04, November 10, 2006, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewdogg11

And it looks like Cortland showed up to play today.  Down 14-0 2 mins in.

Mr. Ypsi

OMG!  2 minutes into the game, the Wesley offense has yet to see the field and they lead 14-0!  A pick-6 and a fumble return for a TD.

lewdogg11

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 24, 2012, 12:12:33 PM
OMG!  2 minutes into the game, the Wesley offense has yet to see the field and they lead 14-0!  A pick-6 and a fumble return for a TD.

The Cortland St. Jets?

lewdogg11

Hobart punting, awful snap, great scoop by the punter, but he muffed the kick.  Wittenberg 1st and 10 on the Hobart 20.

Result = Missed FG

0-0

But a penalty on 'Bart.  Re-kick is good.

3-0 Wittenberg

Hobart blocks Wittenberg's punt from their own endzone.  First and goal Hobart from the 9.

And Webb fumbles the handoff.  Wittenberg recovers.  Hobart is the better team here by far but is killing themselves so far.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: LewDogg11 on November 24, 2012, 12:16:29 PM
Hobart punting, awful snap, great scoop by the punter, but he muffed the kick.  Wittenberg 1st and 10 on the Hobart 20.

Result = Missed FG

0-0

3-0 Wittenberg

Hobart blocks Wittenberg's punt from their own endzone.  First and goal Hobart from the 9.

And Webb fumbles the handoff.  Wittenberg recovers.  Hobart is the better team here by far but is killing themselves so far.

Hobart's defense is very tough and aggressive, but their offense needs to settle down.

Anyone else bothered by these announcers?

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 24, 2012, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: LewDogg11 on November 24, 2012, 12:16:29 PM

Result = Missed FG

0-0

3-0 Wittenberg

Hobart's defense is very tough and aggressive, but their offense needs to settle down.

Anyone else bothered by these announcers?

It's a cross between Frank and Ryan Seacrest.

lewdogg11

Great scramble and run by Strang for a 30 yd TD.  7-3 Hobart.

ECoastFootball

Quote from: LewDogg11 on November 24, 2012, 12:48:09 PM

Is there a free way to watch the Hobart game? Looks like they want $.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: ECoastFootball on November 24, 2012, 01:01:08 PM

It should be free.  I went to the main d3football.com page and clicked on scoreboard, there is then a link next to the games ("V") for video.  Click on that link and you should be able to get it from there.

magicman

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 24, 2012, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: ECoastFootball on November 24, 2012, 01:01:08 PM

It should be free.  I went to the main d3football.com page and clicked on scoreboard, there is then a link next to the games ("V") for video.  Click on that link and you should be able to get it from there.

They wanted you to pay to watch the Buff State-Hobart basketball game last Tuesday night at Hobart. They sell a season pass or if you don't buy that you have to buy a one day pass to watch the football game I believe.

pg04

I'm watching it for free. I am not sure the policy on charging for the playoff games.

magicman

Nick Strang with a 30 yard touchdown run and the Statesmen go up 7-3.

Cortland now trails 21-6 with 1"11 left in the 1st half. Doesn't look good for the Red Dragons.

Salisbury falls behind Widener 14-0 late in the 2nd half.

magicman

Quote from: pg04 on November 24, 2012, 01:14:06 PM
I'm watching it for free. I am not sure the policy on charging for the playoff games.

I stand corrected. I was watching at my office on Tuesday where I have high speed internet, and stayed late specifically to watch the Buff State-Hobart hoops game. But didn't because I won't pay to watch it. Today I'm home where I only have dial up service and can't get streaming video with that, so I didn't even try to pull up a video.  They charge for a regular season BB game and give you the NCAA football game for free. Glad they are, but that's seems strange.

bman

Salisbury making a ton of mistakes...turnovers and critical penalties...

pg04

It may be NCAA policy that video needs to be free in the playoffs. Whereas regular season is left up to the discretion of the schools and/or conference.