Around the Mid-Atlantic board

Started by Ryan Tipps, May 05, 2009, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: Ralph Turner on July 20, 2011, 11:14:39 PM
How NNA adjusted to the dissolution of the ACFC.

Interesting idea! But since NNA isn't actually a D3 school, they may not be considered part of our landscape anymore without the support structure of the ACFC.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ryan Tipps on July 20, 2011, 11:25:40 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on July 20, 2011, 11:14:39 PM
How NNA adjusted to the dissolution of the ACFC.

Interesting idea! But since NNA isn't actually a D3 school, they may not be considered part of our landscape anymore without the support structure of the ACFC.
They play a heavily D3 schedule.

http://www.gobuilders.com/sports/fball/2011-12/schedule

Ten games, 7 full D-3's and a team in the exploratory year.

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: Ralph Turner on July 20, 2011, 11:32:10 PM

I'm well aware! I've written about Apprentice before, and they're good people. But they have always been the odd duck out in terms of our coverage (even when they were in a D3 conference). They're current D3-heavy schedule is borne more out of geographic necessity than philisophical similarities.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ryan Tipps on July 20, 2011, 11:56:14 PM

I'm well aware! I've written about Apprentice before, and they're good people. But they have always been the odd duck out in terms of our coverage (even when they were in a D3 conference). They're current D3-heavy schedule is borne more out of geographic necessity than philosophical similarities.

+1!   ;)

Hampton U SID

Quote from: Ralph Turner on July 21, 2011, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: Ryan Tipps on July 20, 2011, 11:56:14 PM

I'm well aware! I've written about Apprentice before, and they're good people. But they have always been the odd duck out in terms of our coverage (even when they were in a D3 conference). They're current D3-heavy schedule is borne more out of geographic necessity than philosophical similarities.

+1!   ;)

true on your last statement Ryan-- but I would be curious what schools that play intercollegiate athletics would be philosophically similiar to us (not trying to be a smartalic -- just honest question)???  Only one I can think of honestly is Williamson Trade in PA.
odd duck -- probably the nicest way we've been described  ;D :D

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: nnasid on August 01, 2011, 09:08:26 AM
true on your last statement Ryan-- but I would be curious what schools that play intercollegiate athletics would be philosophically similiar to us (not trying to be a smartalic -- just honest question)???  Only one I can think of honestly is Williamson Trade in PA.

There probably aren't many, but I'll admit that I'm so D-III focused that I wouldn't likely be familiar with any others similar to you that are out there. (Even my knowledge of D-II schools is kind of shaky.) :)

Hampton U SID

Quote from: Ryan Tipps on August 01, 2011, 01:02:28 PM
Quote from: nnasid on August 01, 2011, 09:08:26 AM

There probably aren't many, but I'll admit that I'm so D-III focused that I wouldn't likely be familiar with any others similar to you that are out there. (Even my knowledge of D-II schools is kind of shaky.) :)

+1 ;)

Captain Bob

With football season gearing up again, I'm looking forward to your coverage of the USAC.  Its a shame more outlets don't cover D3.

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: Captain Bob on August 31, 2011, 10:44:25 AM
With football season gearing up again, I'm looking forward to your coverage of the USAC.  Its a shame more outlets don't cover D3.

Thanks, Bob!

As the plan is falling together right now, USAC team's will have a prominent spot in two of my first three columns :) Keep an eye out!

Allen C

Ryan-

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your article about Coach Harper. I think his efforts will pay high dividends to the players fans and the college. Thanks again for highlighting Coach Harper and Ferrum.

Allen Crowder
BEWARE THE BLACK HATS!

Ryan Tipps

Thanks, Allen! Coach Harper was certainly fun to talk with!

HSC85

Great article in Around the Region today Ryan.

Ryan Tipps

wesleydad

Ryan, always good to read your articles and this weeks is timely for me.  I am traveling to Gettysburg to see the game this week between Johns Hopkins and Gettysburg.  Still remember meeting you there a couple of years ago.  Hopefully I will get to see you again this year at the Stagg Bowl.

Ryan Tipps

wesleydad,
That one should be one of the best games in the Centennial this season! I'm sure you'll have a blast -- and hopefully have better weather than that rainy day we saw them play Muhlenberg.

I may or may not be at the Stagg Bowl this year. Baby Tipps No. 1 is due the Tuesday before the game! Few things in the world could make me miss the Stagg, but this is one of those things :) :)