MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Carl

I think a key for the success of the Sixers in the next five years is Dalembert, and whether he goes the way of Jermaine O'Neal, a highly skilled F/C, or rather towards Stromile Swift, a guy with tremendous athleticism, highly inconsistent, who cant quite put it together.  

If SD can be more of the former, with a combination of the defense of AI2, and the shooting of Korver, the Sixers would have a nice triumverate and things would look really promising for the future.

Pat Coleman

Peter B.

Click on the link below to read a nice article on Gallaudet's Robert Haney, Jr. and Frank Jackson from NCAAsports.com
http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/story/8680879" target=_top>http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/story/8680879

Clint Often

Matt L.

I don't remember CUA and Mary Wash playing this early in the season before...it appears to be the first CAC game. Good early test, I guess.

Crazy Carl

Any word yet on matriculation into the CAC for the upcoming season?  Obviously in D3, you never quite know what each team will have until the students have stepped foot on campus in the fall.  We are getting close to that time though, so I figure some names are out there.    

Any players (and school they'll attend) from whom we can expect immediate first-year production?  

On a side note, I had a chance to see SMCM a couple weeks ago, and it has a beautiful setting.  This was the first school I have glimpsed where all the buildings looked quite similar, which was a unique touch.  It definitely seemed like a nice place overall.

ycpalum

Did anyone bring in any impact recruits this year? Can anyone stop York this year? They seem to be loaded to make another serious run this year.

bisonpride

cuabigdog

York will be a the team to beat this yearbut as i understand it CUA has brought in a few players one being a point guard from HD Woodson High and many around campus are very optimistic about the upcoming season
CUA 2001 NCAA  DIII Basketball National Champions

muchacho

It looks like Steve Howe has done a decent job of recruiting judging from what I've seen. There is a good number of new players working out with the basketball team this fall, and there seems to be a good mix of heights in there. Hopefully one or two of them can be impact players and CUA can improve this year after barely losing any production from last year's team.

want2b

catholic just released its schedule. any comments on the schedule or how they will make out. cua has 1 d-1 scholl (davidson) during th regular season and two during the pre-season (navy and american) this should prepare them for the regular season. they and york should have some good games this season. the seaon starts in two weeks 

Pat Coleman

Released it to whom? It's not on their site and hasn't been sent to us.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

want2b

i have seen the schedule around campus with the players. it should be on their website real soon. they play in a tourney near boston with umass dartmouth, maine-ft. kent, and salve regina to start the season. catholic also hosts  eastern, suny-brockport and drew at their tourney in january. they play davidson 12/10 in n.c.

ESAD RIP

A frequent reader and poster to this site, ESAD, suddenly passed away yesterday of a massive stomach aneurysm.  He was a die hard Catholic fan who attended every game but more important was a great human being and big fan of DIII.  He will be missed.  Please say a pray for his family.
Steve Howes
Head Coach @Catholic